Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.
Bumping if anyone cares.

Also, me & Tort need a ref for a 3v3 Triples battle (Yay for Ice Canyons & my crapload of Ground Types...)

EDIT: Info for the triples battle.
ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Arena: Opponent's Choice.
Never allow the opponent to choose the arena.

Switch = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
All abilities
No Items

Arena: Ice Canyon

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig is considered an Ice-type move; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here. Ice-type moves cost 1 energy less to execute here.

Challlenging ToastTyrant13
3v3 singles
3 Day DQ
Arena:

Dust Bowl
Once a prosporous town, now a desert with almost no life at all. There are little buildings that still can reach the top of the sand. These include, a high school, where the only entrance is a trapdoor; a water tower which is halfway sunken into the sand; and several homes where only the roofs are visible. The interiors of all of these buildings remain intact, but they are filled with sand. At the basement of the school, an unknown pokemon lurks as well as in the water tower. The arena itself is two square miles in diameter, with high dunes on the edges. The local pokemon include rattata, raticate, trapinch, vibrava, barboach in estivation, baltoy, and various ghost pokemon in the interiors of the buildings. A constant sandstorm is raging, but pokemon can take shelter in the abandoned buildings. An intense sandstorm will take place in rounds 3-8 and 11-30, so the pokemon will have to take shelter unless they would like to take 12 damage every action, regardless of typing. The sand is diggable, but there is an entire town under it, so be aware of that. The water tower has some water in it, but is contaminated, and stagment, so attacks such as surf would also leave the opponent badly poisoned, but can only be used once. There are streetlamps, cars, and other objects under the sand, so a pokemon with magnet pull could pull them up and toss them at the opponent. Any weather moves will be cancelled out by the sandstorms. The arena is in the shape of a mild conical pit.

Open challenge

1v1 Singles
DQ Time: 1 day
Restricted moves: none
Arena: Tournament Arena

Special restrictions: Only NFE Pokémon allowed

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone willing to ref this?

Ok well it seems I've had someone pull out of the match that was to be starting soon, so I think I better throw out a challenge here.

3v3 Singles
48 hr DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: The Pokemon Daycare Centre

That's right, a little fight has broken out in the garden of the day care centre. Of course only Little Cup eligible Pokemon are allowed to be in the garden, so every Pokemon in the battle must be able to evolve and must be first stage. There is a small pond in the garden, some short grass and the ground is soft and able to be dug. The rest of the centre's little Pokemon have gathered to watch but won't interfere in the match. That does mean that moves like Earthquake and Surf are banned so no one hurts the cute spectators.
I accept it

1 Ability
No Items
Switch=KO

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat deadfox081
Ok well it seems I've had someone pull out of the match that was to be starting soon, so I think I better throw out a challenge here.

3v3 Singles
48 hr DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: The Pokemon Daycare Centre

That's right, a little fight has broken out in the garden of the day care centre. Of course only Little Cup eligible Pokemon are allowed to be in the garden, so every Pokemon in the battle must be able to evolve and must be first stage. There is a small pond in the garden, some short grass and the ground is soft and able to be dug. The rest of the centre's little Pokemon have gathered to watch but won't interfere in the match. That does mean that moves like Earthquake and Surf are banned so no one hurts the cute spectators.
I accept it

1 Ability
No Items
Switch=KO
If you're willing to let me, I'd like to start my reffing career here. PM me your teams, please.

2vs2 Doubles
2 Recovers, infinite chills (cause I'm cool like that)
Arena: Cyberspace

Similarly how we created Porygon from the depths of this odd parallel man-made universe, now we have discovered means of entering it, body and soul. I was the one to discover the secrets of entering cyberspace and has shaped out my own corner of it to tweak however I want. Now me and my first guest will have the first battle in this realm! The battlers are standing on Porygon-Pink tiles that glow white when a Pokemon or trainer is on or directly above it. All moves are legal, as the tiles can take on any properties, from diggable ground to surf-water to grass knot material. However, these properties disappear immediately after usage, and cannot affect the field itself. There is no weather since this IS cyberspace, but when a weather move/ability is used, the tiles will react to emulate the desired weather effect.

In addition, I've put a limit onto the battlefield for this match: the rarity value of each side cannot exceed 5, (though usually 4 in practice) and each side must only consist of first-stage Pokemon.
Bump

Y'know what, special challenge time. (also, Its_A_Random and I need a ref.)

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
3 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Use the search function if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.

Bump.

Spenstar, quick question. You say there's a limit of 5 on rarity. Is that just for the mons that get sent out or is it for all three mons we send in?

That is just for the two mons that get sent out. The three mons that get chosen have no rarity limit, but it's advisable that you pick Pokemon that can be sent out together and still abide by the limit.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I suppose a third battle would be fun. And I have some guys who want EXP now, so it's practical ^_^.

3 v 3 SINGLES
1 Day DQ per Challenger / 1 Week DQ per Ref
No Bans
Arena: Temple of Balder. The Norse god of peace and joy, this temple was built out of respect. It is said that being here can enforce a stronger willpower or improved health, and it has yet been unknown for any maladies to be obtained here. The temple is sacred, but the courtyard is suitable for battling on.

Arena effects: All pokémon have a permanent safeguard. Pokémon also learn the following actions:

Prayer for Peace: You regain 10 HP and 5 EN.
Prayer for Power: All stats are boosted by 1, similar to the effect of an Ominous Wind boost (10 EN).
Prayer for Justice: You lose 5 HP, and a Heavenly Anvil falls from the sky, doing 12 damage (10 EN).
Prayer for Courage: If you are below 50% of your original HP, this will give all attacks a +1 bonus to base power for the next 9 actions. If above 50%, this fails.

So, any takers?

Y'know what, special challenge time. (also, Its_A_Random and I need a ref.)

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
3 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Use the search function if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
I accept this! Should be fun and complicated as hell! Good luck to the ref!
No items
All abilities
And because I'm feeling extra-crazy, Switch=OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)