Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

that wasn't even a fucking argument. it was a factual statement and then a blow to your outrageous stupidity. big difference, kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztalYQQkjs

^there's your idol with some real nice acting. OMG KOBE'S A FLOPPER FINE HIS FUCKING ASS, PATHETIC SON OF A BITCH

so much idiocy from NBA fans, it's embarrassing.
You're like what, 18? Does using curse words normally grant you acceptance from your peers and make you look clever? Also, "not even an argument." My point, it was stupid statement. As generalizations tend to be.

Adorable how you think a youtube clip would aggravate me like my comment aggravated you. Oh, kids. FYI, I'm atheist. I don't have idols. Kobe is just a really good basketball player on my home team. I don't see the point in investing any emotion in what people say about the man, because I don't know him.

Odd that someone would call an individual who has won five NBA titles pathetic after being positively smitten that Lebron won one. But you're right Byrne, he's pathetic. Kobe is the one calling people names over a pokemon forum.

You're like what, 18? Does using curse words normally grant you acceptance from your peers and make you look clever? Also, "not even an argument." My point, it was stupid statement. As generalizations tend to be.

Adorable how you think a youtube clip would aggravate me like my comment aggravated you. Oh, kids. FYI, I'm atheist. I don't have idols. Kobe is just a really good basketball player on my home team. I don't see the point in investing any emotion in what people say about the man, because I don't know him.

Odd that someone would call an individual who has won five NBA titles pathetic after being positively smitten that Lebron won one. But you're right Byrne, he's pathetic. Kobe is the one calling people names over a pokemon forum.
Kobe has won 2 NBA titles *

He has been involved in 5.

"Also, "not even an argument." My point, it was stupid statement. As generalizations tend to be."

Find my an NBA player that has never flopped.

Ready set go

Kobe has won 2 NBA titles *

He has been involved in 5.

"Also, "not even an argument." My point, it was stupid statement. As generalizations tend to be."

Find my an NBA player that has never flopped.

Ready set go
Well, basketball is a team game and I'm not stupid enough to think any one player can win a title alone but if you're implying those first three titles were won only by Shaq, it's important to note that Shaq never won a title until he played with Kobe and has never won one without an elite shooting guard. No elite player in the NBA has ever won without surrounding themselves with talent that is equally elite. Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron included.

And I'm not going to dispense hours of my time scouring the internet to prove you wrong nor is it worthy for any human being to do that. If that thought placates you, go ahead and believe it. I mean, it's your mind. I don't believe that every NBA player there has ever been has flopped. Being that flopping is a practice looked down on in the league, it isn't entirely unfathomable that there are players who have never done it.

[youtube]GKh8Zq6zhRc[/youtube]

the funniest "flop" is at 1:10, had me cracking up for a good minute or so

anyway, being a miami native i expect the heat to repeat. sure, wades a little older, and we lost mike miller, but we now have a starting 5 with playoff experience as well as skill.

you can be damn sure ray allen will be hitting as many 3s as he did last season with the celtics. although him and rashard lewis are pretty old compared to the rest of the league, they should be good additions to the team. as long as they can stay healthy throughout the regular season we should be able to kick ass in the playoffs.

Haha that ref. I don't know how LeBron sells some of those with that powerful body of his. Like, c'mon. Everybody knows a guy that big isn't going to fall that bad.

The worst ones are when they're just standing and keel over, like that one that guy tried to pull on Dirk.

Haha that ref. I don't know how LeBron sells some of those with that powerful body of his. Like, c'mon. Everybody knows a guy that big isn't going to fall that bad.

The worst ones are when they're just standing and keel over, like that one that guy tried to pull on Dirk.
Chris Bosh's flop on Carlos Boozer is the funniest of all time

2:50 should have been a $300,000 fine

Gabe I would really appreciate it if you stop looking down on curse words thanks

2:50 should have been a $300,000 fine

Gabe I would really appreciate it if you stop looking down on curse words thanks
Why exactly? I agree, no reason to use curse words. Only on rare occasions. I just use the Holy name of Tebow instead.

Subbing to this thread and praying to all that is Tebow that Dirk is okay and Lebron does not join the Lakers or my head might explode.

Even my outrageous fanboyism of LeBron probably wouldn't hold up if we copped out and went to the Lakers. Any other team in the NBA besides the Lakers and Celtics and I would stand by his decision. (and, of course, sticking with the Heat is the option I most want him to take. Or he could go to the Pacers and be close to where I live <3)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can't decide who lost this trade, because I'm pretty sure neither team won... it probably depends on the picks?

Harden got traded.

....HHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.

Told you OKC fanboys.
With this and the news of Deron's ankle Vein is going to be crushed.

I can't decide who lost this trade, because I'm pretty sure neither team won... it probably depends on the picks?
It's not a horrendous trade by either... Lamb and Martin are average players but I feel like Houston gave up too much in desperation to have another star. Interesting back court they've got now. OKC is really fucking stupid for not at least trying to contend this year after picking up momentum last year. Of course they'll still make the playoffs, but when they were playing the Lakers these past playoffs Harden was the guy that I worried about the most, not Durant or Westbrook. Yeah, he choked during the playoffs but still. He was important to their contention chances. Now I'm not sure OKC is a number 3 team at best, I feel like Boston and the Clippers can fight for it.

I'm an LAL fan but it's still pretty sad to watch a good team lose a key player. Although I do wonder just how good Harden will be with the flopping rule.

btw celtics are not a contender.

this is brought to you by a guy who realizes when the C's time is finally up.
I don't know, Ray Allen has clearly fallen off. I thought it was just the end of last season but from what I've seen of the preseason he doesn't look like he would be better than who the C's replaced him with. Rondo can ball too, and the Celtics have heart. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

I definitely wasn't expecting that from OKC. haha I guess the OKCya joke is on them now lol.

So I've been looking at depth charts and whatnot, and get this. With Love out injured, Andrei Kirilenko is starting at SF but will actually be playing PF, where he is still very effective and a mismatch on offense. Derrick Williams and Dante Cunningham are splitting the PF slot but will actually spend major minutes playing SF instead. Williams actually spent much of last season at small forward next to Kevin Love.

i think it's a fine trade for okc, at least in the future it will pay off, i think (anybody got specific numbers for the draft picks, or do we just know the rounds?)

and originally i thought that it wasn't too bad for okc even for the immediate future, but kevin martin didn't really have a good year last year, putting up far worse numbers than harden in pretty similar playing time

i don't even think it'll be that great for houston either, harden alone isn't going to make them good

i think it's a fine trade for okc, at least in the future it will pay off, i think (anybody got specific numbers for the draft picks, or do we just know the rounds?)

and originally i thought that it wasn't too bad for okc even for the immediate future, but kevin martin didn't really have a good year last year, putting up far worse numbers than harden in pretty similar playing time

i don't even think it'll be that great for houston either, harden alone isn't going to make them good
Shouldn't they be trying to win NOW? I mean, they had the team to do that. I'm not going to lie, they had chemistry built up already. Kevin Martin is a horrible defender and wont be able to defend Kobe or Wade. Harden was in his right to go after the max, I don't think there's many people who would turn down a raise at any job. It's sad, but money over basketball I guess.

Well the braintrust that owns and runs the Thunder have to maintain this facade of being a 'small-market' team. Newsflash, the Thunder are Everyman's team. Their the young up-and-coming superstars that have brought in a massive amount of casual fans. Clay Bennett bought the team for around 320 million 4 years ago and it's now worth over 500 million according to forbes. My ass they can't afford Harden. This is purely an aesthetic move. But I can see they're planning in making this move. With all those draft picks and Houston probably not making the playoffs this season, they'll be able to continue picking up talent for cheap in seasons to come, around a core of Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka

Didn't Houston gather a decent amount of good-to-average role players and young talent in their failed attempt to land Howard? I think their chances of making the playoffs arent so bad actually.

Ibaka is a good shot blocker, overrated defender. Does anyone else realize how crucial Harden was to OKC? Whenever they lost a lot of the blame was usually on him if he didn't perform well (As in the finals) or was taken out of the game (Metta World Elbowed). I remember a lot of OKC fans saying the Lakers wouldn't have won that game if Harden hadn't got taken out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)