Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have found a battle from Molf, but who knows what battle it was, I doubt it was the final. AND he did get very very lucky at some points:

Video no.:83-49091-29518
just seen the battle, i have to say his new team looks really interesting.

@Micuat

i have to know why Explosion on a Smeargle even at lv.50 it wont do much why not protect or something?

just seen the battle, i have to say his new team looks really interesting.

@Micuat

i have to know why Explosion on a Smeargle even at lv.50 it wont do much why not protect or something?
Explosion is not used for dealing damage, but for changing Smeargle to the other pokemons, Snorlax or Rhyperior.

After an hour of work and reading through many pages, I have made a list of all the members of Smogon (and also of Skarmbliss) that are attending and what qualifier/qualifiers they are attending. If a mod could please edit this list into one of the first few posts of this thread (and constantly check this post to see if there are changes), I would be very satisfied.

Originally posted by Fat Mosquitox216
I am making a list of everyone from this site and from Smogon that is going to the tournament and what location they will be going to (I am only including those who are certain that they are going to that location). I will put the winners Bolded, the runner-ups Underlined, and the the semifinalists Italicized. Anyone in the top 4 of a qualifier will be in blue(European qualifiers will only have the top 2 in blue).

5/9/09 Seattle, WA

-The Fish King
-NightmaresAria
-ultimatedra
-Diesel (Dusknoir, Smeargle, Snorlax, Spiritomb) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1921901&postcount=1736
-Acorn
-Feathers
-Yeti
-TeamRocketElite

5/16/09 Fremont, San Francisco, CA
-POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN
-batpig (Dusknoir, Smeargle, Lapras, Machamp) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-WeOcAIJY
-ultimatedra
-Metabou
-Deaglebeagle
-TheFourthChaser
-slimceagirl
-Siddarth (Dusknoir, Weavile, Metagross, Spiritomb) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55056
-Captcoconut
-Arkerus (Metagross, Gyarados, Electivire, Garchomp) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-WeOcAIJY

5/23/09 Phoenix, AZ
-POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN
-Shinryu
-ViperGTS
-imperfectluck
-ultimatedra
-omni
-OmegaDonut
-Sniper
-J-Man27
-ChronoSquare
-MUDKIPS
-zerowing (Zapdos, Garchomp, Metagross, Abomasnow) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55588
-Odinoki
-JDSaulbot (Dusknoir, Hariyama, Abomasnow, Metagross) http://www.phpbbplanet.com/skarmblisscom/viewtopic.php?t=129&mforum=skarmblisscom

5/30/09 London, United Kingdom [This is before Arlington on the list because London is held first thanks to time zones]
-Havak
-Giant Enemy Crab
-UltimateUnknown (Gengar, Swampert, Latios, Metagross) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rMyioiAvc
-Magic Umbreon
-Cinaclov
-froggy25
-Zog
-Dan Dan
-dragon9owns
-Kinneas
-Akira SquirtleSquad
-Wichu
-Ace Matador.
-twash
-Biggenz
-McSpam
-Shoe (Dusknoir, Camerupt, Abomasnow, Lapras) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rMyioiAvc
-melmoth

5/30/09 Arlington, Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
-penpad
-RaveSage
-Tyler422
-Nim
-nardd
-NestW
-magik0722
-fortegoddx
-TeeJay
-Kikered
-Alakapimp (Gengar, Garchomp, Mamoswine, Zapdos) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1972355&postcount=2704
-Captain K

6/6/09 King of Prussia, Philadelphia, PA
-VashTheStampede
-BattleBeastEXP
-Expert Evan
-Gouki Shinkou (Expert Evan's son)
-FiveKRunner
-Sudo
-Invictus
-Duckster/Duckman
-TTS
-Miltonic
-Xia
-Bobwayne17
-XxBlueCookiesxX
-Monco
-Dyson
-hnh
-Pokethan
-CrazySnorlax

6/13/09 Berlin, Germany [This is before Nashville on the list because Berlin is held first thanks to time zones]
-drug_duck
-Picollo

6/13/09 Nashville, TN
-FiveKRunner
-theamericandream38
-latios315
-Phantasm
-RedSpyda
-Ralith
-DerekG
-mattj
-Mizuno
-doctorboyfriend
-[McLovin]
-A to the Z
-Raistmagic
-RandomVGC
-Cloggerdude
-Alhamebird
-imperfectluck
-OmegaDonut

6/20/09 Paris, France
-froggy25
-flash0mc
-Honchkrow

6/27/09 St. Louis, MO
This the the random pool!
-Invictus
-mattj
-LonelyNess
-King leroy xiv
-The 198
-sixonesix

Pokemon Video Game World Championships 2009

8/14/09 San Diego, CA (Invitation only via each Nationals) (people)

(Japan) [Names are in Japanese order, Family first, individual second]
-Takahiro Akai
-Yuu Shimeno (not Yuu Urano)
-Chiaki Fukumori (not Tomoaki Fukumori)
-
Takushi Morishima
-
Kazuyuki Tsuji
-Takane Sekiguchi (replaced Hiroaki Hideshima?)
-
Tasuku Mano (not Yuu Mano)
-??? (Anonymous)

(United Kingdom)
-Sadman Ali (UltimateUnknown)
-Andrew Perrott (Shoe)

(Germany)
-Matthias Grauer (PremiumVerumFatum)
-
Christoph Kugler (drug_duck)
-Marcel Kapelle (Honchkrow)

(France)
-Gaël Balouek

(U.S.A.)
-Glen Arnold
-Jason Ballard
-Grace Beck (slimceagirl)
-Matthew Carter (MattJ)
-Orrin Cowley, Jr.
-Len Deuel (Alakapimp)
-John Freeman.
-Huy Ha (batpig)
-Kamaal Harris (sixonesix)
-Nick Johnson
-Allen Liu (imperfectluck)
-Jesse Strouth (JDSaulbot)
-Mike Suleski (OmegaDonut)
-
Steven W. (NeoSyrex)
-Levi Young (VashTheStampede)
-Malison Young (mingot's daughter)

After an hour of work and reading through many pages, I have made a list of all the members of Smogon (and also of Skarmbliss) that are attending and what qualifier/qualifiers they are attending. I am probably not going to edit this post every time someone announces they will go, but I will update the list on this page:
Would you mind entering me in St. Louis? Thanks.

News for you to update that thing, Mosquito. I found out I am no longer going to Phoenix on that date, as my Mom doesn't want to take me with on her birthday trip. Yet, my Dad will be taking me down to the Nashville qualifier, so take me down from Phoenix, but keep me up in Nashville.

Not sure if you'd want to actually add me to the list or not as I only ever lurk on here as opposed to posting reguarly, but i'm hopefully going to the London event.

you need to add The Fish King to dallas.
I know I have to since I knew he was going with you to all the locations. I didn't put him here because I remember him posting the he wasn't sure if he was going to Dallas.

Shinryu wants everyone to get out of his state...

Good luck to The Fish King, NightmaresAria, ultimatedra, Diesel, Acorn, and all others who are attending the Seattle qualifier next Saturday. I hope you guys make some good warstories.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
It's now 100% confirmed I will be going to Philly, which unfortunately seems like it will have the most people. As I said last year, the biggest challenge might be getting into the tournament depending on how many people show up.

1. Hi to smogon! I'm new to the site, and reletively new to competitive battlng, but I've been EV training, etc for a while now. I hope to become fairly active around here

2. Expect me at Philly... Its about a 3 hour drive (I live in NoVA), and it seems a lot of smogon is going, but it'll be fun regardless!

Also, my original team idea appears to need rethinking, now that I finally got a look at the "EEEEEEEEEEEEEVVIIIIILLLLLL" that is the overall doubles metagame this year. Lemme just say that my new team (on paper anyway) should be an effective counter to all the common teams, except for some of the goodstuffs teams...

I know I have to since I knew he was going with you to all the locations. I didn't put him here because I remember him posting the he wasn't sure if he was going to Dallas.

Shinryu wants everyone to get out of his state...

Good luck to The Fish King, NightmaresAria, ultimatedra, Diesel, Acorn, and all others who are attending the Seattle qualifier next Saturday. I hope you guys make some good warstories.
Don't worry. the reason he said he was not sure if he was going is becouse he plans on having a trip by that point :-p

And even if he does win a trip, i am making him go to be a slingshot
(if the slingshot plays against someone on their team and already has a trip, the slingshot will take the loss to SLINGSHOT the teammate ahead one round.)

That reminds me, I have a question. If I qualify in Fremont (let's say I get fourth), and then I go to the Phoenix stop and win the entire thing(with the expense paid trip to St. Louis, etc), can I choose between which prize I want to accept? IIRC They don't give me the travel award from Fremont until I get to St. Louis, so I am not sure if that would change anything.

I just looked online and found a battle of Molf's new team in action! Idk which battle it is, but I didn't see it posted earlier in the thread. (To find any future battles of this team, I suggest searching colloseum doubles cup w/ mismagius, as of now there are only 10 battles up under those criteria)

The number is 83-49091-29518

hey for those going to the steve nashville stop how are you guys getting there? i plan on flying in early from nyc and flying back after its over.

That reminds me, I have a question. If I qualify in Fremont (let's say I get fourth), and then I go to the Phoenix stop and win the entire thing(with the expense paid trip to St. Louis, etc), can I choose between which prize I want to accept? IIRC They don't give me the travel award from Fremont until I get to St. Louis, so I am not sure if that would change anything.
If you win both the $300 and a Free trip, you get the free trip, and you screwed someone out of a spot at nationals and $300.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
If anyone is still editing that list of atendee's, I'll be at Nashville as well as St. Louis. I got the paperwork back from work saying I have the vacation days scheduled and my wife is looking for a room for us now.

I'll probably be at Philly, looks like that's where everyone is going too haha. I think I could do well in the tournament but I'm not sure I can get a team together in time.

I will most likely be at the San Francisco tournament with my brother and possibly a friend. Hopefully either my brother, me or my friend will get to play in the tournament. My brother goes by the name Deaglebeagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)