Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't do that, the cards are only for you. This is for rewards, points, addresses, etc. Sharing a card could probably get you banned. It takes a few minutes to get a Play! Pokemon ID / number.

My bad, lol. It depends, if you're a Master and the person that's using the card is in Juniors/Seniors and you are going to a European Nationals or a US Regionals, then by all means go ahead. But you won't be able to do that at US Nationals/Worlds since all three divisions play the the same time.

Hey guys, I have a quick question for you.
My friend wants to play in a Regionals, so he bought a Pokémon White game. However, he bought it on Ebay, and it's a bootleg. He asked me if he could still enter the tournament with that game, but I really have no idea. (I don't think he can though.) He said he'd buy another game if he couldn't use the bootleg, but he'd still like to know if he can use it.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hey guys, I have a quick question for you.
My friend wants to play in a Regionals, so he bought a Pokémon White game. However, he bought it on Ebay, and it's a bootleg. He asked me if he could still enter the tournament with that game, but I really have no idea. (I don't think he can though.) He said he'd buy another game if he couldn't use the bootleg, but he'd still like to know if he can use it.
I doubt he would be allowed to use it.

If a Pokémon with 178 speed becomes paralyzed, is its new speed (44.5) rounded up or down? I think I read somewhere that stats are always rounded down, but I'd like to make sure. Thanks.

So Im trying to figure out how useful low kick is in the vgc 12 format. Does anyone know if theres a list of vgc pokes that can be sorted by weight?

Thanks

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So Im trying to figure out how useful low kick is in the vgc 12 format. Does anyone know if theres a list of vgc pokes that can be sorted by weight?

Thanks
I doubt it, but you could take this list (which also tells you how much damage each one will take, so you don't have to calculate it yourself) and compare it to the usage stats.

You're better off with Honchkrow or Bisharp to be honest since they're basically the same but better. None of them are Pokémon I'd personally use, though. Sucker punch is just too much of a "bad guy move" lol since there's potential for your opponent to heroically outplay you while you're stuck doing... bad guy tactics.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has there been any new info at all for the tournaments in Toronto? I can't even seem to find a section for Canada on the website.

gec

pharos
Nothing at all from what I gather, the threads here tend to be quickly updated whenever news is released so if it isn't here, it hasn't been announced.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This isn't a question, or even an answer to a question exactly, but just sharing some information with people that I have.

I sent another e-mail to TPCi, asking whether the European National tournaments are going to be Single Elimination or Swiss. My reply was obviously one that didn't help much. They just explain that all currently available information for the public is listed on the website(s). However, they did point me to the US/Can Regional tournament section as part of my answer, so perhaps the European tournaments will follow suit in regards to the US/Can Regional tournaments.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has there been any new info at all for the tournaments in Toronto? I can't even seem to find a section for Canada on the website.
No. They're in the final stages of finding a venue for it. We'll have a thread up pretty quickly when it's announced.

gec

pharos
Chandelure is one of the most common Trick Room users on such a team as it is pretty great, however don't solely revolve around it - use a couple of other ones like Cresselia, Dusclops, Porygon2 etc just in case.

how should I use a trick room team

I wanted to know how should I use a truickrom team with two setters and four attackes I wanted to go to the world championships so can you halp me out please.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I wanted to know how should I use a truickrom team with two setters and four attackes I wanted to go to the world championships so can you halp me out please.
That's really not a simple question. Probably the most important factor in a battle, prediction, is something you have to learn on your own through experience - we can't help you with that.

As far as team building, there's three things you want to focus on, beyond having the move and slow Pokémon. First, you want things that help the move get set up - Fake Out, Follow Me, etc. Second, you want a variety of attackers that can cover all of the major threats with as little redundancy as possible. Make sure to use multiple different types of moves and a mix of physical and special attackers. The most important part of building the team, though, is making sure that it still works if Trick Room isn't up. Sometimes you'll make a mistake, or they'll stall it out, or something like that, and you need to be able to handle not having the advantage.

I can't really give any specific information beyond that, because ultimately it needs to be your team and you need to know how it works if you want to win.

I would do this myself but no dmg cacs have been working for me.(just my broken computer). Can someone help me find the evspread a metagross needs to ohko a hitmontop(252hp) with zenheadbutt and 2hko a latios with meteor mash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)