The Everything NHL Thread

I've stayed out of this thread the whole season, but wtf was that between the Blues and the Sharks. I know playoff hockey is meant to have a rep for being physical but dirty play still makes me cringe - both ways. This is coming from a Sharks fan too.

People forget that Holtby got some games in last year with the Caps when Neuvirth and/or Varly had injuries. Small sample size but he went 10-2-2 with a sub 2 GAA, stellar SV% and 2 SOs. Granted, I'm not saying we should have seen this coming (I even doubted him in my predictions) because he has been so clutch for an otherwise underwhelming Capitals squad but the track record is there. Synre especially has raved about Holtby as being the best of what was the 3 Washington goalie prospects and he's highly touted in fantasy hockey circles as the real future for the Caps in net. Holtby has definitely surprised and exceeded expectations thus far but partially because his opportunity to shine came up sooner than expected.

Penguins score the first goal again lol. Let's see how it turns out this time.

As you see it doesn't matter. It's pretty sad sitting here as a pens fan, the pens score, and I make no reaction to it at all, because I know it means nothing. And that's why, another shorthanded goal, a soft one given up by Fleury.

what's the over/under on suspensions and fines Shanny doles out tomorrow

also I'm so glad that game was nationally televised, what a great way to sell the game

I honestly don't know what the fuck is going on with the refereeing + punishment doling. I am legitimately flabbergasted.

I cant even believe what is going down

no one in the world would have predicted the first two teams to win three games would be philly and LA

Seeing Vancouver and Pittsburgh getting completely dominated 3-0 makes me feel incredibly happy, basically vindicating everything I know and love about the NHL. Seeing Luongo make $7mil for sitting on the bench during the playoffs brightened my day, and seeing Mr. Concussion Crosby sucker punching people made it even better. Unlike DM, I am not sarcastic when I say I'm glad this game was nationally televised, because it finally exposes the Penguins as the chumps I called them last month. The Bruins could lose the next 3 in a row and I would still leave these playoffs a happy fan if VAN+PIT get humiliated in the first round by teams who pride themselves on physical play.

And yeah the punishments have been pretty weird so far. I just worry that it'll have a rubber band effect, like they get criticized so the next ones will be overly harsh.

Also, congrats to the Florida Panthers for winning their first playoff game in 15 years. That was a really cool moment when they saluted the roaring fans at the end of the game.

I thought Philadelphia was supposed to be the team giving out cheap shots...

Pittsburgh is a team that employs Matt Cooke. That's not an accident.

2gxfgvm.jpg

All French.

The Bruins could lose the next 3 in a row and I would still leave these playoffs a happy fan if VAN+PIT get humiliated in the first round by teams who pride themselves on physical play.
and you call yourself a bruins fan...

Back