Metagame LGPE OverUsed

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
go with bold. better checks pokemon like aerodactyl/rhydon too. and has more chances to click the yellow color
I'm definitely converted to the Bold crowd. Base 100 is the most relevant speed tier and Starmie is already faster with neutral speed. It helps that Alolan Duggy tends to assume that you're Timid. Paralysed Bold Starmie remains faster than Sassy Alolan Muk and neutral base 45 (Alolan Eggy/Golem etc.), which is pretty neat.

Last edited:
Very recently picked up LGE I'm looking to get into online play via cartridge/Switch, been browsing around here and now have a question on the team I'm planning out: https://pokepast.es/9e037dd4e9a4e7bf

What's a good combination of tank and sweeper for this setup (I've listed them both in the paste)? Seems like either Snorlax + MGeng and AMuk+MZam are the more natural pairings, but I'm open to anything. Also, if you have any thoughts on the rest of the team that'd be appreciated. The Eevee-S is Sassy because I didn't think to soft reset for Jolly when I started, so I'm stuck on Switch with Sassy unfortunately.

Very recently picked up LGE I'm looking to get into online play via cartridge/Switch, been browsing around here and now have a question on the team I'm planning out: https://pokepast.es/9e037dd4e9a4e7bf

What's a good combination of tank and sweeper for this setup (I've listed them both in the paste)? Seems like either Snorlax + MGeng and AMuk+MZam are the more natural pairings, but I'm open to anything. Also, if you have any thoughts on the rest of the team that'd be appreciated. The Eevee-S is Sassy because I didn't think to soft reset for Jolly when I started, so I'm stuck on Switch with Sassy unfortunately.
So, a problem I've had in Snorlax + MGengar teams is that Snorlax is only a very soft check to MZam, who also wins 1v1 versus Gengar if it comes to it. Adamant Snorlax is a 99% 3HKO versus Psychic (even Calm Snorlax is a 3HKO after Rocks), and Crunch is not a guaranteed kill even after Stealth Rock, which means Snorlax doesn't actually win the 1v1 versus a healthy Alakazam most of the time if it has to switch in defensively. Snorlax can no longer switch in at all if it has taken around 33% damage (as it is now a 2HKO). The lack of a AMuk (or some other Psychic resistance or immunity such as Melmetal/MGyarados) also means they can always Psychic with impunity, whereas they might attempt to fire some coverage (for less damage) if you threaten the AMuk switch.

In fact, that is a problem with Snorlax in general, not just against Alakazam, that makes me not in love with it. It fails to OHKO almost anything it is supposed to check, even if it has the proper coverage move (Earthquake does a max of 85% to Gengar, Rock Slide deals <50% to Zapdos on average...) which means once it is in 3HKO range it can no longer switch in.

I think in a metagame without Melmetal (which I assume is your case on cartridge), AMuk is the only reliable defensive Alakazam counter and should be on most teams, but I could be wrong. Snorlax does OHKO Alakazam with Facade if it is already status'd, so if you're positive you can get it to eat a status before facing Alakazam, the above does not apply. You could also attempt to beat last Pokemon Alakazam with an Explosion/Self-Destruct user (who could be Snorlax itself), and MGengar is a great Mega against almost anything other than Alakazam, so this strategy could work.

A final option could be Chansey, although it gets shut down by variants running Taunt + Recover and is less of a threat offensively in general.

Anyone have a good team for mega Zard ?
There is a team in the Sample Teams thread that uses Mega Charizard defensively, as basically a Mew with better typing with a WoW, Roost, Dragon Tail and Flamethrower set. This frees Mew to run Stealth Rock and beat other Rockers with Scald. If you wanted something aggressive, this might not be what you were looking for, but the concept looks solid. Gave it a quick try, won my first two matches.

Here's the team: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lgpe-sample-teams.3645829/#post-8012727

Mod Edit: Combined posts

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, a problem I've had in Snorlax + MGengar teams is that Snorlax is only a very soft check to MZam, who also wins 1v1 versus Gengar if it comes to it. Adamant Snorlax is a 99% 3HKO versus Psychic (even Calm Snorlax is a 3HKO after Rocks), and Crunch is not a guaranteed kill even after Stealth Rock, which means Snorlax doesn't actually win the 1v1 versus a healthy Alakazam most of the time if it has to switch in defensively. Snorlax can no longer switch in at all if it has taken around 33% damage (as it is now a 2HKO). The lack of a AMuk (or some other Psychic resistance or immunity such as Melmetal/MGyarados) also means they can always Psychic with impunity, whereas they might attempt to fire some coverage (for less damage) if you threaten the AMuk switch.

In fact, that is a problem with Snorlax in general, not just against Alakazam, that makes me not in love with it. It fails to OHKO almost anything it is supposed to check, even if it has the proper coverage move (Earthquake does a max of 85% to Gengar, Rock Slide deals <50% to Zapdos on average...) which means once it is in 3HKO range it can no longer switch in.

I think in a metagame without Melmetal (which I assume is your case on cartridge), AMuk is the only reliable defensive Alakazam counter and should be on most teams, but I could be wrong. Snorlax does OHKO Alakazam with Facade if it is already status'd, so if you're positive you can get it to eat a status before facing Alakazam, the above does not apply. You could also attempt to beat last Pokemon Alakazam with an Explosion/Self-Destruct user (who could be Snorlax itself), and MGengar is a great Mega against almost anything other than Alakazam, so this strategy could work.

A final option could be Chansey, although it gets shut down by variants running Taunt + Recover and is less of a threat offensively in general.

There is a team in the Sample Teams thread that uses Mega Charizard defensively, as basically a Mew with better typing with a WoW, Roost, Dragon Tail and Flamethrower set. This frees Mew to run Stealth Rock and beat other Rockers with Scald. If you wanted something aggressive, this might not be what you were looking for, but the concept looks solid. Gave it a quick try, won my first two matches.

Here's the team: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lgpe-sample-teams.3645829/#post-8012727

Mod Edit: Combined posts

Snorlax is not meant to really OHKO stuff and you are not supposed to check everything with it, in fact, people run 2 Psychic checks in their teams sometimes. The way this meta is generally played is that you see your opponent's team during team preview and you make an account as to what you need to keep healthy so you can check it. If you have Snorlax and you see Alakazam, you might tell yourself "ok I will try to keep Snorlax healthy so I can force Megazam out or deal damage" (because Megazams actually switch out sometimes). Snorlax cannot handle checking all mons it checks at once, which is why you distribute its role among other members, while accounting for your opponent's team what needs to be prioritized to be kept healthy.

tl;dr the power creep in this meta is huge and you need to distribute some role among other members to make sure you do not get overwhelmed (luckily, our mons are quite versatile, doing things they do outside of what they are supposed to do).

I agree, I guess I conflated my criticism of Snorlax in his team specifically (as a potential partner to M-Gengar in a team that lacks Melmetal, A-Muk or M-Gyarados) with his role on the meta in general (where it can absolutely work as a more catch-all check, especially in an offensive team that might be able to afford to keep it healthy until the late game). I still stand by my point that, in a team that looks like the one I was responding to, I would rather run A-Muk or Melmetal (which might not be available/legal in cartridge) before Snorlax.

I just saw your own sample team (congrats on the tournament!) which I think showcases how to shore up the weaknesses in Snorlax I was alluding to. M-Gyarados and Melmetal are there as additional Psychic counters, Dragonite (and to an extent, Mew) can go toe to toe with M-Zam if given a turn to setup first (which M-Gengar as late game sweeper cannot) and your Snorlax even still runs Self-Destruct if you just want to cash it in after it is not healthy enough to win a "fair fight".

I have a question of my own: I've been interested lately in Mega Bedrill teams, as it has a playstyle different from other mega since you're rarely trying to sweep or to deal with multiple threats 1v1, rather you focus on pivoting and revenge killing. Does anyone have a good team as a starting point?

Also do you run Adamant or Jolly on it? Jolly only serves to win the mirror and to guarantee you beat Timid M-Gengar. Adamant speed ties with Timid M-Gengar, but hits everything else harder.

I have a question of my own: I've been interested lately in Mega Bedrill teams, as it has a playstyle different from other mega since you're rarely trying to sweep or to deal with multiple threats 1v1, rather you focus on pivoting and revenge killing. Does anyone have a good team as a starting point?

Also do you run Adamant or Jolly on it? Jolly only serves to win the mirror and to guarantee you beat Timid M-Gengar. Adamant speed ties with Timid M-Gengar, but hits everything else harder.
Hey man , I would prefer jolly as it just is more reliable in most situations and only has three Pokémon that outspeed it. Also I attached a sample team with credit going to Pokéaim. I’ve used it before and it works well even against Mewtwo players if you are playing console. Gl man and hf.

Attachments

That makes sense, I am not super familiar with the meta so that was helpful to hear. Thanks, I will go with the AMuk-MZam combo then. It just seems to have much better coverage and better checks common metagame threats especially given the rest of the team

Hey, I only started playing this a few days ago but I got really into it and it's honestly been a ton of fun.

To start out and to get a grip on the metagame before I tried building I used the team KratosMana passed me above and went 25-0 with it which was cool. I noticed that mega alakazam is absolutely incredible and IMO better than both eevee and mew. It's the fastest mon in the metagame, stupid strong, and can calm mind up once its checks are weakened a bit to just clean through. Muk is obviously very nice for zam (and also gar) but I think you can get a bit creative in answering zam instead of just slapping on a muk. I'll get to this more when I talk about the team I built though. Starmie makes for a really nice pivot vs all of melmetal, ground types, and also Mew, with twave as awesome support. Rhydons just one of the more sturdy rockers and a nice zap pivot with the ability to rest off toxics. Melmetal should be on every team.

After playing for a while, the main thing that was bothering me was eevee leech seeding everything so I started to look for counterplay to that. I actually toyed with exegg/venu but honestly all the grass types in the tier are super underwhelming. I realized that the best way to counter eevee would be to undercreep on mons like mew/zap and slow uturn out to offensive pokemon. This strategy has worked out amazingly for me. As far as megas go, I consider gyarados to be up there with the best because its bulk is ridiculous and it's super strong too. I faced starmie thunderbolts doing like 40 to me for example. The only real switchins are zapdos/melmetal but zapdos takes rocks and melmetal gets chipped down over time + eq does a good amount. I've also been using dragon tail on gyara to phaze out cloyster + chip zap coming into rocks. I like mega gengar but more often than not I end up mega'ing something else like gyarados and just use regular gengar. Gengar's cool because it outspeeds and hits mew super effectively, but it also has the ability to use protect disable. Disable lets you bypass otherwise problematic stuff like muk and really just opens up a lot of playing possibilities. Lastly, for ground types I tried alolan dugtrio as per kratosmana's suggestion and it has been great for the reasons he said. Rocks, good speed, zap check, prio, 1v1s zam.

Here's the team I made + peak I got with it.

View attachment 147548
I know this is an old post, but do you still have the sets for this team? Looks really cool and I want to try in on cart format.

What are the thoughts on +Spe (either Timid or Naive/Hasty) vs. tank M-Venusaur (Bold/Calm)? Or rather, what nature options are the best for M-Venusaur?

From the top of my head, +Spe M-Venusaur outspeeds neutral M-Gyarados, neutral Nidoking, +Spe Eevee-S, +Spe Nidoqueen, and neutral Dragonite (speed-ties with Jolly). Is the extra speed worth sacrificing some bulk? Are there any important benchmarks that the added physical/special bulk provides?

Lastly, are the any benefits of choosing a Modest nature?

What are the thoughts on +Spe (either Timid or Naive/Hasty) vs. tank M-Venusaur (Bold/Calm)? Or rather, what nature options are the best for M-Venusaur?

From the top of my head, +Spe M-Venusaur outspeeds neutral M-Gyarados, neutral Nidoking, +Spe Eevee-S, +Spe Nidoqueen, and neutral Dragonite (speed-ties with Jolly). Is the extra speed worth sacrificing some bulk? Are there any important benchmarks that the added physical/special bulk provides?

Lastly, are the any benefits of choosing a Modest nature?
It’s really a matter of what you are trying to do with the Venusaur. More of a stall set with leec seed, protect, sleep powder, sludge bomb. Then yeah the bulk is more important as well as if you want a more aggressive one then the speed is nice for sure.

Has anyone tested out some unconventionals against eevee that can outspeed? Primape, Hitmonlee, or a speed natured hitmonchan should be able to OHKO before getting burned, correct? They all get decent enough coverage, so while not optimal, they could be a good check.
Arcanine, Superpower, OHKO. Also it can switch in on predicted burn since it’s immune.

Last edited:
I'm really excited For january usage

Once more, it seems very unlikely December's usage stats which should be out in a few days will properly support this format. Here's my custom handling of it again; everything from tennis's post last month still applies:

Code:
Total battles: 87056
Avg. weight/team: 0.113
+ ---- + ------------------ + --------- + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Usage %   | Raw    | %       | Real   | %       |
| 1    | Melmetal           | 74.77117% | 79011  | 45.379% | 65622  | 46.120% |
| 2    | Zapdos             | 67.22592% | 83549  | 47.986% | 69719  | 49.000% |
| 3    | Muk-Alola          | 56.74465% | 80569  | 46.274% | 62756  | 44.106% |
| 4    | Mew                | 50.76381% | 54801  | 31.475% | 46289  | 32.533% |
| 5    | Aerodactyl         | 33.44043% | 61653  | 35.410% | 55458  | 38.977% |
| 6    | Alakazam           | 33.29473% | 54551  | 31.331% | 41060  | 28.858% |
| 7    | Gyarados           | 31.18573% | 39977  | 22.961% | 34212  | 24.045% |
| 8    | Eevee-Starter      | 24.63529% | 44635  | 25.636% | 35746  | 25.123% |
| 9    | Rhydon             | 23.83763% | 44314  | 25.451% | 38811  | 27.277% |
| 10   | Gengar             | 22.65815% | 39511  | 22.693% | 29846  | 20.976% |
| 11   | Dugtrio-Alola      | 22.34435% | 18772  | 10.782% | 16059  | 11.287% |
| 12   | Starmie            | 20.18687% | 38517  | 22.122% | 32141  | 22.589% |
| 13   | Dragonite          | 14.03651% | 34858  | 20.020% | 26323  | 18.500% |
| 14   | Snorlax            | 12.31298% | 22541  | 12.946% | 18264  | 12.836% |
| 15   | Venusaur           | 10.71459% | 33986  | 19.520% | 28237  | 19.845% |
| 16   | Cloyster           |  9.46481% | 19459  | 11.176% | 15126  | 10.631% |
| 17   | Nidoking           |  8.73783% | 15262  |  8.766% | 13085  |  9.196% |
| 18   | Poliwrath          |  7.71688% | 10655  |  6.120% | 9203   |  6.468% |
| 19   | Nidoqueen          |  7.35696% | 9452   |  5.429% | 8366   |  5.880% |
| 20   | Exeggutor-Alola    |  6.85800% | 8224   |  4.723% | 6713   |  4.718% |
| 21   | Charizard          |  5.79214% | 18821  | 10.810% | 14894  | 10.468% |
| 22   | Blastoise          |  3.10769% | 12204  |  7.009% | 10497  |  7.377% |
| 23   | Chansey            |  2.93602% | 11307  |  6.494% | 9011   |  6.333% |
| 24   | Beedrill           |  2.91092% | 9315   |  5.350% | 7504   |  5.274% |
| 25   | Slowbro            |  2.87231% | 9232   |  5.302% | 7863   |  5.526% |
| 26   | Pikachu-Starter    |  2.59956% | 9067   |  5.208% | 7144   |  5.021% |
| 27   | Arcanine           |  2.55503% | 12731  |  7.312% | 9749   |  6.852% |
| 28   | Sandslash          |  2.47969% | 5986   |  3.438% | 5392   |  3.790% |
| 29   | Dodrio             |  2.31711% | 6273   |  3.603% | 4529   |  3.183% |
| 30   | Electrode          |  2.26497% | 9594   |  5.510% | 8280   |  5.819% |
| 31   | Sandslash-Alola    |  2.06082% | 4877   |  2.801% | 4180   |  2.938% |
| 32   | Venomoth           |  1.91724% | 7845   |  4.506% | 5489   |  3.858% |
| 33   | Golem              |  1.90621% | 4684   |  2.690% | 4178   |  2.936% |
| 34   | Exeggutor          |  1.87710% | 5166   |  2.967% | 4301   |  3.023% |
| 35   | Dugtrio            |  1.77401% | 5484   |  3.150% | 4714   |  3.313% |
| 36   | Jolteon            |  1.76529% | 8331   |  4.785% | 6750   |  4.744% |
| 37   | Kangaskhan         |  1.70250% | 5361   |  3.079% | 4512   |  3.171% |
| 38   | Clefable           |  1.67929% | 7305   |  4.196% | 6250   |  4.393% |
| 39   | Machamp            |  1.53495% | 6941   |  3.987% | 5620   |  3.950% |
| 40   | Moltres            |  1.33193% | 3365   |  1.933% | 2553   |  1.794% |
| 41   | Kingler            |  1.21440% | 4177   |  2.399% | 3379   |  2.375% |
| 42   | Pinsir             |  1.11789% | 5132   |  2.948% | 4083   |  2.870% |
| 43   | Ninetales-Alola    |  1.10821% | 4390   |  2.521% | 3284   |  2.308% |
| 44   | Vaporeon           |  0.69813% | 4236   |  2.433% | 3581   |  2.517% |
| 45   | Tauros             |  0.68027% | 3185   |  1.829% | 2532   |  1.780% |
| 46   | Omastar            |  0.66907% | 3025   |  1.737% | 2513   |  1.766% |
| 47   | Kabutops           |  0.66259% | 2828   |  1.624% | 2404   |  1.690% |
| 48   | Victreebel         |  0.65950% | 1971   |  1.132% | 1628   |  1.144% |
| 49   | Rapidash           |  0.59836% | 3193   |  1.834% | 2412   |  1.695% |
| 50   | Lapras             |  0.57170% | 3879   |  2.228% | 3231   |  2.271% |
| 51   | Magneton           |  0.53800% | 4053   |  2.328% | 3245   |  2.281% |
| 52   | Pidgeot            |  0.50387% | 2816   |  1.617% | 2234   |  1.570% |
| 53   | Raichu-Alola       |  0.47033% | 2983   |  1.713% | 2353   |  1.654% |
| 54   | Hitmonlee          |  0.46523% | 2923   |  1.679% | 2263   |  1.590% |
| 55   | Raticate-Alola     |  0.44128% | 2316   |  1.330% | 1764   |  1.240% |
| 56   | Persian-Alola      |  0.41018% | 2147   |  1.233% | 1717   |  1.207% |
| 57   | Articuno           |  0.30209% | 2191   |  1.258% | 1699   |  1.194% |
| 58   | Jynx               |  0.30079% | 1374   |  0.789% | 1083   |  0.761% |
| 59   | Ninetales          |  0.29224% | 1972   |  1.133% | 1491   |  1.048% |
| 60   | Tangela            |  0.25835% | 1437   |  0.825% | 1182   |  0.831% |
| 61   | Tentacruel         |  0.23010% | 1825   |  1.048% | 1437   |  1.010% |
| 62   | Parasect           |  0.20840% | 2552   |  1.466% | 1996   |  1.403% |
| 63   | Flareon            |  0.17376% | 1267   |  0.728% | 967    |  0.680% |
| 64   | Primeape           |  0.16326% | 1503   |  0.863% | 1176   |  0.827% |
| 65   | Vileplume          |  0.14241% | 1137   |  0.653% | 905    |  0.636% |
| 66   | Marowak-Alola      |  0.13579% | 1240   |  0.712% | 1025   |  0.720% |
| 67   | Mr. Mime           |  0.13313% | 934    |  0.536% | 724    |  0.509% |
| 68   | Golem-Alola        |  0.13199% | 1256   |  0.721% | 1065   |  0.749% |
| 69   | Weezing            |  0.12531% | 750    |  0.431% | 614    |  0.432% |
| 70   | Scyther            |  0.09138% | 1234   |  0.709% | 916    |  0.644% |
| 71   | Marowak            |  0.08931% | 685    |  0.393% | 599    |  0.421% |
| 72   | Arbok              |  0.07524% | 488    |  0.280% | 370    |  0.260% |
| 73   | Electabuzz         |  0.06823% | 776    |  0.446% | 655    |  0.460% |
| 74   | Hitmonchan         |  0.06383% | 729    |  0.419% | 590    |  0.415% |
| 75   | Wigglytuff         |  0.05419% | 425    |  0.244% | 346    |  0.243% |
| 76   | Seadra             |  0.05033% | 315    |  0.181% | 254    |  0.179% |
| 77   | Hypno              |  0.04723% | 551    |  0.316% | 447    |  0.314% |
| 78   | Butterfree         |  0.04496% | 922    |  0.530% | 703    |  0.494% |
| 79   | Persian            |  0.04216% | 693    |  0.398% | 562    |  0.395% |
| 80   | Magmar             |  0.03932% | 610    |  0.350% | 464    |  0.326% |
| 81   | Onix               |  0.02648% | 418    |  0.240% | 380    |  0.267% |
| 82   | Dewgong            |  0.02331% | 315    |  0.181% | 260    |  0.183% |
| 83   | Kadabra            |  0.02282% | 17     |  0.010% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 84   | Raichu             |  0.02090% | 591    |  0.339% | 449    |  0.316% |
| 85   | Golduck            |  0.01734% | 411    |  0.236% | 359    |  0.252% |
| 86   | Golbat             |  0.01669% | 366    |  0.210% | 260    |  0.183% |
| 87   | Porygon            |  0.01581% | 230    |  0.132% | 173    |  0.122% |
| 88   | Meltan             |  0.01566% | 52     |  0.030% | 39     |  0.027% |
| 89   | Lickitung          |  0.00898% | 130    |  0.075% | 115    |  0.081% |
| 90   | Muk                |  0.00875% | 123    |  0.071% | 97     |  0.068% |
| 91   | Ditto              |  0.00852% | 308    |  0.177% | 255    |  0.179% |
| 92   | Farfetch'd         |  0.00775% | 138    |  0.079% | 102    |  0.072% |
| 93   | Raticate           |  0.00707% | 141    |  0.081% | 115    |  0.081% |
| 94   | Diglett-Alola      |  0.00442% | 17     |  0.010% | 15     |  0.011% |
| 95   | Fearow             |  0.00399% | 96     |  0.055% | 60     |  0.042% |
| 96   | Seaking            |  0.00396% | 49     |  0.028% | 33     |  0.023% |
| 97   | Weedle             |  0.00198% | 9      |  0.005% | 8      |  0.006% |
| 98   | Magikarp           |  0.00192% | 24     |  0.014% | 16     |  0.011% |
| 99   | Caterpie           |  0.00192% | 17     |  0.010% | 13     |  0.009% |
| 100  | Dragonair          |  0.00129% | 35     |  0.020% | 29     |  0.020% |
| 101  | Poliwhirl          |  0.00127% | 6      |  0.003% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 102  | Sandshrew-Alola    |  0.00118% | 11     |  0.006% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 103  | Goldeen            |  0.00109% | 12     |  0.007% | 10     |  0.007% |
| 104  | Pikachu            |  0.00106% | 189    |  0.109% | 145    |  0.102% |
| 105  | Voltorb            |  0.00102% | 21     |  0.012% | 15     |  0.011% |
| 106  | Magnemite          |  0.00101% | 4      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 107  | Dratini            |  0.00083% | 13     |  0.007% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 108  | Metapod            |  0.00083% | 2      |  0.001% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 109  | Kakuna             |  0.00083% | 2      |  0.001% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 110  | Drowzee            |  0.00061% | 3      |  0.002% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 111  | Haunter            |  0.00055% | 56     |  0.032% | 44     |  0.031% |
| 112  | Grimer-Alola       |  0.00042% | 28     |  0.016% | 18     |  0.013% |
| 113  | Rattata            |  0.00042% | 12     |  0.007% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 114  | Mankey             |  0.00037% | 8      |  0.005% | 6      |  0.004% |
| 115  | Gloom              |  0.00022% | 9      |  0.005% | 8      |  0.006% |
| 116  | Doduo              |  0.00020% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 117  | Staryu             |  0.00018% | 7      |  0.004% | 5      |  0.004% |
| 118  | Jigglypuff         |  0.00017% | 6      |  0.003% | 5      |  0.004% |
| 119  | Clefairy           |  0.00017% | 3      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 120  | Eevee              |  0.00010% | 65     |  0.037% | 48     |  0.034% |
| 121  | Paras              |  0.00009% | 6      |  0.003% | 4      |  0.003% |
| 122  | Meowth             |  0.00007% | 9      |  0.005% | 9      |  0.006% |
| 123  | Zubat              |  0.00007% | 11     |  0.006% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 124  | Koffing            |  0.00007% | 8      |  0.005% | 6      |  0.004% |
| 125  | Spearow            |  0.00007% | 7      |  0.004% | 7      |  0.005% |
| 126  | Ekans              |  0.00007% | 10     |  0.006% | 7      |  0.005% |
| 127  | Meowth-Alola       |  0.00007% | 5      |  0.003% | 5      |  0.004% |
| 128  | Graveler-Alola     |  0.00005% | 12     |  0.007% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 129  | Vulpix             |  0.00005% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 130  | Vulpix-Alola       |  0.00004% | 8      |  0.005% | 6      |  0.004% |
| 131  | Ponyta             |  0.00004% | 10     |  0.006% | 7      |  0.005% |
| 132  | Machoke            |  0.00003% | 13     |  0.007% | 13     |  0.009% |
| 133  | Diglett            |  0.00001% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 134  | Ivysaur            |  0.00001% | 14     |  0.008% | 13     |  0.009% |
| 135  | Abra               |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.004% | 6      |  0.004% |
| 136  | Bulbasaur          |  0.00000% | 39     |  0.022% | 30     |  0.021% |
| 137  | Gastly             |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 138  | Rhyhorn            |  0.00000% | 12     |  0.007% | 9      |  0.006% |
| 139  | Cubone             |  0.00000% | 8      |  0.005% | 7      |  0.005% |
| 140  | Shellder           |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 141  | Wartortle          |  0.00000% | 16     |  0.009% | 7      |  0.005% |
| 142  | Squirtle           |  0.00000% | 23     |  0.013% | 18     |  0.013% |
| 143  | Graveler           |  0.00000% | 12     |  0.007% | 11     |  0.008% |
| 144  | Charmander         |  0.00000% | 6      |  0.003% | 5      |  0.004% |
| 145  | Psyduck            |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.004% | 7      |  0.005% |
| 146  | Rattata-Alola      |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 147  | Poliwag            |  0.00000% | 6      |  0.003% | 6      |  0.004% |
| 148  | Growlithe          |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 149  | Omanyte            |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 150  | Slowpoke           |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 151  | Tentacool          |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 152  | Charmeleon         |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 153  | Pidgeotto          |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 154  | Venonat            |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 2      |  0.001% |
Code:
Total leads: 174112
+ ---- + ------------------ + --------- + ------ + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Usage %   | Raw    | %       |
| 1    | Mew                | 17.44967% | 14269  |  8.195% |
| 2    | Aerodactyl         | 15.56793% | 31954  | 18.353% |
| 3    | Gyarados           |  9.49225% | 9680   |  5.560% |
| 4    | Melmetal           |  9.21386% | 9045   |  5.195% |
| 5    | Zapdos             |  8.19039% | 9592   |  5.509% |
| 6    | Rhydon             |  5.74517% | 13759  |  7.902% |
| 7    | Starmie            |  4.95966% | 8662   |  4.975% |
| 8    | Eevee-Starter      |  3.74249% | 7424   |  4.264% |
| 9    | Dugtrio-Alola      |  2.91471% | 3059   |  1.757% |
| 10   | Venusaur           |  1.77761% | 4917   |  2.824% |
| 11   | Gengar             |  1.35840% | 2227   |  1.279% |
| 12   | Nidoking           |  1.35346% | 3238   |  1.860% |
| 13   | Alakazam           |  1.31769% | 2636   |  1.514% |
| 14   | Muk-Alola          |  1.29982% | 2138   |  1.228% |
| 15   | Nidoqueen          |  1.25756% | 2313   |  1.328% |
| 16   | Cloyster           |  1.22216% | 3050   |  1.752% |
| 17   | Charizard          |  1.18899% | 1665   |  0.956% |
| 18   | Poliwrath          |  1.11121% | 1883   |  1.081% |
| 19   | Blastoise          |  1.01902% | 3016   |  1.732% |
| 20   | Dugtrio            |  0.81968% | 1983   |  1.139% |
| 21   | Exeggutor-Alola    |  0.79020% | 963    |  0.553% |
| 22   | Electrode          |  0.71478% | 3350   |  1.924% |
| 23   | Sandslash          |  0.69063% | 1988   |  1.142% |
| 24   | Clefable           |  0.65784% | 2385   |  1.370% |
| 25   | Beedrill           |  0.56250% | 1481   |  0.851% |
| 26   | Slowbro            |  0.51664% | 1732   |  0.995% |
| 27   | Golem              |  0.45037% | 1466   |  0.842% |
| 28   | Snorlax            |  0.35123% | 1123   |  0.645% |
| 29   | Dragonite          |  0.32877% | 1407   |  0.808% |
| 30   | Vaporeon           |  0.30835% | 1040   |  0.597% |
| 31   | Exeggutor          |  0.30492% | 713    |  0.410% |
| 32   | Kabutops           |  0.29447% | 922    |  0.530% |
| 33   | Pikachu-Starter    |  0.26800% | 1382   |  0.794% |
| 34   | Sandslash-Alola    |  0.25205% | 1298   |  0.745% |
| 35   | Chansey            |  0.24923% | 1390   |  0.798% |
| 36   | Kingler            |  0.20527% | 934    |  0.536% |
| 37   | Omastar            |  0.19005% | 908    |  0.522% |
| 38   | Machamp            |  0.15764% | 668    |  0.384% |
| 39   | Kangaskhan         |  0.12155% | 518    |  0.298% |
| 40   | Lapras             |  0.11076% | 837    |  0.481% |
| 41   | Arcanine           |  0.11015% | 604    |  0.347% |
| 42   | Jolteon            |  0.08737% | 857    |  0.492% |
| 43   | Venomoth           |  0.08638% | 530    |  0.304% |
| 44   | Pidgeot            |  0.07216% | 271    |  0.156% |
| 45   | Jynx               |  0.07160% | 273    |  0.157% |
| 46   | Moltres            |  0.06994% | 167    |  0.096% |
| 47   | Pinsir             |  0.06300% | 623    |  0.358% |
| 48   | Articuno           |  0.06006% | 350    |  0.201% |
| 49   | Dodrio             |  0.05504% | 284    |  0.163% |
| 50   | Persian-Alola      |  0.05369% | 388    |  0.223% |
| 51   | Magneton           |  0.05363% | 509    |  0.292% |
| 52   | Hitmonlee          |  0.05116% | 282    |  0.162% |
| 53   | Raichu-Alola       |  0.05059% | 352    |  0.202% |
| 54   | Ninetales-Alola    |  0.04898% | 327    |  0.188% |
| 55   | Tauros             |  0.04732% | 285    |  0.164% |
| 56   | Marowak-Alola      |  0.04490% | 242    |  0.139% |
| 57   | Tentacruel         |  0.03773% | 287    |  0.165% |
| 58   | Victreebel         |  0.03616% | 349    |  0.200% |
| 59   | Tangela            |  0.03483% | 215    |  0.123% |
| 60   | Marowak            |  0.03458% | 187    |  0.107% |
| 61   | Golem-Alola        |  0.03229% | 436    |  0.250% |
| 62   | Rapidash           |  0.02970% | 153    |  0.088% |
| 63   | Wigglytuff         |  0.02331% | 158    |  0.091% |
| 64   | Primeape           |  0.01860% | 253    |  0.145% |
| 65   | Raticate-Alola     |  0.01768% | 91     |  0.052% |
| 66   | Persian            |  0.01632% | 185    |  0.106% |
| 67   | Onix               |  0.01508% | 247    |  0.142% |
| 68   | Ninetales          |  0.01458% | 107    |  0.061% |
| 69   | Seadra             |  0.01354% | 75     |  0.043% |
| 70   | Parasect           |  0.01217% | 255    |  0.146% |
| 71   | Electabuzz         |  0.01209% | 97     |  0.056% |
| 72   | Vileplume          |  0.01163% | 104    |  0.060% |
| 73   | Mr. Mime           |  0.01145% | 134    |  0.077% |
| 74   | Scyther            |  0.01086% | 155    |  0.089% |
| 75   | Weezing            |  0.01037% | 90     |  0.052% |
| 76   | Hypno              |  0.00686% | 76     |  0.044% |
| 77   | Hitmonchan         |  0.00586% | 88     |  0.051% |
| 78   | Golduck            |  0.00568% | 131    |  0.075% |
| 79   | Flareon            |  0.00513% | 75     |  0.043% |
| 80   | Butterfree         |  0.00436% | 141    |  0.081% |
| 81   | Muk                |  0.00378% | 21     |  0.012% |
| 82   | Dewgong            |  0.00340% | 50     |  0.029% |
| 83   | Arbok              |  0.00333% | 66     |  0.038% |
| 84   | Golbat             |  0.00269% | 31     |  0.018% |
| 85   | Diglett-Alola      |  0.00186% | 10     |  0.006% |
| 86   | Lickitung          |  0.00164% | 30     |  0.017% |
| 87   | Porygon            |  0.00140% | 30     |  0.017% |
| 88   | Poliwhirl          |  0.00127% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 89   | Weedle             |  0.00107% | 6      |  0.003% |
| 90   | Sandshrew-Alola    |  0.00104% | 7      |  0.004% |
| 91   | Raichu             |  0.00094% | 89     |  0.051% |
| 92   | Ditto              |  0.00079% | 80     |  0.046% |
| 93   | Magmar             |  0.00059% | 26     |  0.015% |
| 94   | Metapod            |  0.00051% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 95   | Pikachu            |  0.00044% | 66     |  0.038% |
| 96   | Seaking            |  0.00040% | 11     |  0.006% |
| 97   | Haunter            |  0.00021% | 11     |  0.006% |
| 98   | Meltan             |  0.00019% | 15     |  0.009% |
| 99   | Clefairy           |  0.00017% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 100  | Dratini            |  0.00017% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 101  | Meowth             |  0.00007% | 7      |  0.004% |
| 102  | Meowth-Alola       |  0.00007% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 103  | Graveler-Alola     |  0.00005% | 5      |  0.003% |
| 104  | Fearow             |  0.00005% | 9      |  0.005% |
| 105  | Rattata            |  0.00004% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 106  | Farfetch'd         |  0.00002% | 6      |  0.003% |
| 107  | Raticate           |  0.00001% | 10     |  0.006% |
| 108  | Eevee              |  0.00001% | 5      |  0.003% |
| 109  | Machoke            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 110  | Ivysaur            |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.002% |
| 111  | Rhyhorn            |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.002% |
| 112  | Voltorb            |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.002% |
| 113  | Squirtle           |  0.00000% | 8      |  0.005% |
| 114  | Grimer-Alola       |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 115  | Dragonair          |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 116  | Bulbasaur          |  0.00000% | 5      |  0.003% |
| 117  | Graveler           |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.004% |
| 118  | Paras              |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 119  | Rattata-Alola      |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 120  | Magikarp           |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.002% |
| 121  | Cubone             |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 122  | Poliwag            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 123  | Psyduck            |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% |
| 124  | Growlithe          |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 125  | Omanyte            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 126  | Tentacool          |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 127  | Wartortle          |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 128  | Ponyta             |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 129  | Charmander         |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% |
| 130  | Venonat            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% |
| 131  | Staryu             |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.002% |
Code:
weatherless...................99.58444%
balance.......................68.42235%
offense.......................25.44422%
semistall..................... 5.81421%
dragmag....................... 2.39705%
sun........................... 0.41556%
voltturn...................... 0.35385%
stall......................... 0.16138%
hyperoffense.................. 0.15785%
monotype...................... 0.15097%
monopoison.................... 0.04925%
monopsychic................... 0.02550%
monowater..................... 0.02077%
monoflying.................... 0.02028%
monoice....................... 0.01630%
mononormal.................... 0.00829%
monoelectric.................. 0.00588%
monofire...................... 0.00155%
monograss..................... 0.00149%
monorock...................... 0.00110%
monobug....................... 0.00036%
monofairy..................... 0.00036%
sunoffense.................... 0.00035%
monoground.................... 0.00006%
monofighting.................. 0.00003%
sunstall...................... 0.00002%
monodark...................... 0.00000%
monodragon.................... 0.00000%
monosteel..................... 0.00000%
monoghost..................... 0.00000%

Stalliness (mean:  0.278)
-1.0|#
     |###
-0.5|#####
     |#############
  0.0|########################
     |##############################
+0.5|##########################
     |##############
+1.0|########
     |###
+1.5|
     |
more negative = more offensive, more positive = more stall
one # =  0.79%

Hello all,

I’m new to the LPGE meta and just made my first team. Was hoping to get some feedback.

- Charizard X (Special with Timid nature and FT, Dpulse, WoW and Roost
- Rhydon (Impish with EQ, RS, SR and Dtail
- Poliwrath (Adamant with WF, Ice Punch, Super and Bulk Up
- Sandslash-A (Adamant with EQ, Ice Punch, Shard and SR)
- Snorlax (Careful with Facade, EQ, Crunch and SD)
- Venusaur (Timid with Seed, Drain, Bomb and Sleep)

Anything I should replace?

I was thinking maybe running Swords on Sandslash but I realized move relearner doesn’t relearn Sandshrews moves lol.

Don’t like Hypnosis on Poliwrath. Too inaccurate.

Basic goal of team is going Special Zard-X and abuse Pulse on stuff that resists Fire and WoW on Rock and Ground types. Zard-X has amazing typing for this. Takes neutral Water damage and resists Electric. Going special allows it to hit high defense / physical attackers hard (2HKO most pokemon) and cripple them with WoW, mainly Rock and Ground types.

Also takes minimal SR damage if you lead and evolve right away or before opponent sets up SR.

Is also faster than Dragonite without Agility boost and has over 80% chance to 1HKO after SR.

Pokemon I am unsure of sometimes, as they don’t seem to do a lot of work, are Sandslash, Poliwrath and Venusaur.

I’d also add that I am playing on cartridge so Mew and Melmetal aren’t that common but Mewtwo is (isn’t bad). My team doesn’t have great checks to it. Most on cartridge are Y and just rip through everything with Psychic. Snorlax’ Crunch doesn’t always do it and SD is easy for the opponent to play around. Considering switching it to Muk-A.

Poliwrath works sometimes but often people predict Superpower well, Ice Punch does work and I get to +1 often but it’s still hard to leverage.

Sandslash I wish I had SD, running Punch now for a higher damage Ice move when I can leverage it. I feel least unsure about this one though.

Venusaur definitely puts in work but I feep overall I am just weak to Mewtwo and I don’t want to give him too many sweep targets.

Wouldn appreciate advice.

Hello all,

I’m new to the LPGE meta and just made my first team. Was hoping to get some feedback.

- Charizard X (Special with Timid nature and FT, Dpulse, WoW and Roost
- Rhydon (Impish with EQ, RS, SR and Dtail
- Poliwrath (Adamant with WF, Ice Punch, Super and Bulk Up
- Sandslash-A (Adamant with EQ, Ice Punch, Shard and SR)
- Snorlax (Careful with Facade, EQ, Crunch and SD)
- Venusaur (Timid with Seed, Drain, Bomb and Sleep)

Anything I should replace?

I was thinking maybe running Swords on Sandslash but I realized move relearner doesn’t relearn Sandshrews moves lol.

Don’t like Hypnosis on Poliwrath. Too inaccurate.

Basic goal of team is going Special Zard-X and abuse Pulse on stuff that resists Fire and WoW on Rock and Ground types. Zard-X has amazing typing for this. Takes neutral Water damage and resists Electric. Going special allows it to hit high defense / physical attackers hard (2HKO most pokemon) and cripple them with WoW, mainly Rock and Ground types.

Also takes minimal SR damage if you lead and evolve right away or before opponent sets up SR.

Is also faster than Dragonite without Agility boost and has over 80% chance to 1HKO after SR.

Pokemon I am unsure of sometimes, as they don’t seem to do a lot of work, are Sandslash, Poliwrath and Venusaur.

I’d also add that I am playing on cartridge so Mew and Melmetal aren’t that common but Mewtwo is (isn’t bad). My team doesn’t have great checks to it. Most on cartridge are Y and just rip through everything with Psychic. Snorlax’ Crunch doesn’t always do it and SD is easy for the opponent to play around. Considering switching it to Muk-A.

Poliwrath works sometimes but often people predict Superpower well, Ice Punch does work and I get to +1 often but it’s still hard to leverage.

Sandslash I wish I had SD, running Punch now for a higher damage Ice move when I can leverage it. I feel least unsure about this one though.

Venusaur definitely puts in work but I feep overall I am just weak to Mewtwo and I don’t want to give him too many sweep targets.

Wouldn appreciate advice.
Hey bro yeah the only thing I would say to SD on slash and maybe toxic on lax. I have an adamant alolan sandshrew with swords dance level 99 if you are interested let me know. But otherwise not a bad team I prefer mega Zard X because it gets Stab pulse and in a meta where sr rules, only taking 25% damage is a lot better.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Analyses write-ups for LGPE OverUsed are now open for reservation and creation! If you want to partake, there's a few things to note.
  • There are rules to the C&C subforum, and your analyses will have to be structured to fit our standard Analyses Skeleton + have proper OM analysis crediting. More information can be found below.
  • You may only reserve 1 analysis at a time (unless you're on the LGOU QC Council). Your analysis will require 3 QC approvals from the aforementioned council members and two Grammar Prose checks before it is uploaded.
  • Due to some Pokémon being more important to the metagame, we're assigning priorities to them. We may reject a high priority reservation if we are unsure of the reserver's understanding of the meta and/or Pokémon. Very low priority Pokémon will be open for reservation at a later date. Priorities can also be found below.
  • Mega Evolutions and their base formes will be placed under a single analysis unless the base form has a viable and differing use case beyond double mega teams. For example, regular Aerodactyl can possibly be considered a better choice as a suicide lead than its Mega form as it doesn't risk sacrificing your Mega immediately and doesn't lose out on much relevant to the role otherwise, while regular Alakazam or Beedrill offer nothing of real use.
Resources mentioned above
OM Analyses Reservation Index - this is where you make your reservation post. Make sure to specify LGPE OU.
OM and UM Analyses Spelling and Grammar Standards - Self explanatory
Welcome to Contributions & Corrections! [READ BEFORE POSTING] - Also self explanatory
OM QC Credits and Guide to Writing and QCing (PLEASE READ!) - Lots of useful stuff

[OVERVIEW]

Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams. See this thread for more tips.

[SET]
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
nature:

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Information
========

Describe what the moves on the set do + include information on natures and potential items.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[, ]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Reserved or completed analyses will be striked through.

High Priority

Melmetal
Mew
Mega Beedrill
Mega Gengar
Mega Gyarados
Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Alakazam
Alolan Dugtrio
Dragonite
Alolan Muk
Poliwrath
Zapdos
Eevee-S

Low Priority

Electrode
Rhydon
Snorlax

Starmie
Mega Venusaur
Mega Charizard X
Nidoqueen
Aerodactyl
Alolan Exeggutor
Nidoking
Chansey
Clefable
Gyarados
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Pinsir
Sandslash
Mega Slowbro

Mini Analyses (coming soon, DON'T apply for these yet unless your name is Yoshi I guess)

Alolan Sandslash
Mega Blastoise
Cloyster
Dodrio
Golem
Moltres
Ninetales
Omastar
Pikachu-S
Alolan Raichu
Victreebel
Venomoth
Arcanine
Alolan Ninetales
Kabutops
Alolan Persian

Last edited:

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Mini Analyses (coming soon, DON'T apply for these yet unless your name is Yoshi I guess)

Alolan Sandslash
Mega Blastoise
Cloyster
Dodrio
Electrode
Golem
Moltres
Ninetales
Omastar
Pikachu-S
Alolan Raichu
Victreebel
Venomoth
Arcanine
Alolan Ninetales
Kabutops
Alolan Persian
Mega Pinsir

McCoolDude would like to know your location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)