Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I saved a replay, how to I make it find able to others? I'd like to share it with my discord friends, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

The file I saved is as such: file:///C:/Users/Arufa%20Orime/Downloads/Gen7DoublesOU-2019-09-02-nelvini-arufaorime.html
Don't think you can use your files from your computer to upload easily. You should click on "upload and share replay" instead of "download replay" for a probably less convoluted method of doing so.
From there, you look for your replay in replay.pokemonshowdown.com .

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there a list anywhere that explains the order in which certain effects take place at the end of a turn, like for example it would tell you that damage from sandstorm occurs before your pokemon receives recovery from wish.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is there a list anywhere that explains the order in which certain effects take place at the end of a turn, like for example it would tell you that damage from sandstorm occurs before your pokemon receives recovery from wish.
SnorlaxMonster had done research on this for Generation 6, which is the closest we have to a complete list for Generation 7. One of the things on my to-do list before the end of the generation is to document the order for Generation 7, to ensure nothing changed.

Game is rigged.

Why is it that I always getting terrible RNG, but my opponents always have perfect RNG?

Clearly, this game is rigged, and it isn't fair.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Game is rigged.

Why is it that I always getting terrible RNG, but my opponents always have perfect RNG?

Clearly, this game is rigged, and it isn't fair.
it's not rigged, you're just suffering from a bout of bad luck.
The RNG works exactly as it does in the main series games - this page has all the details on it if you'd like to look and make sure of it yourself.

it's not rigged, you're just suffering from a bout of bad luck.
The RNG works exactly as it does in the main series games - this page has all the details on it if you'd like to look and make sure of it yourself.
Well that doesn't make me feel much better because after witnessing my opponent get 2-3 crits in a row, every game, always at the most opportune and game changing times, and I cannot get even one crit in 10 attacks.

So then that means my luck is immeasurably bad then. That rate of bad RNG is more or less absent from the main series games.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
can someone explain what happened here? i played randbats for the first time in maybe a couple months, and i checked my rank before playing to see how much i was at after all this decay, but looks like the rank i earlier was incorrect

can someone explain what happened here? i played randbats for the first time in maybe a couple months, and i checked my rank before playing to see how much i was at after all this decay, but looks like the rank i earlier was incorrect
afaik this is a case of decay not updating your score until an active event happened to it, such as playing a ranked game. Your actual elo before the game was 1599. This has been around for years but idk if it always works like this or only in some cases.

If the game isn't rigged, why do my opponents crit every other atk, and freeze every time an ice is used?

I never freeze anyone. I have had streaks of 20+ ice moves use, no freeze. There is NO explanation for that. There just is no explanation for that

If the game isn't rigged, why do my opponents crit every other atk, and freeze every time an ice is used?

I never freeze anyone. I have had streaks of 20+ ice moves use, no freeze. There is NO explanation for that. There just is no explanation for that
The code is open source, you can check for yourself. And asked differently, why would anyone want to rig this game to hurt you? RNG sucks sometimes, but no one would get anything by specifically targeting you.

And by the way, the probability of no freeze in 20 moves in a row is like 12%, which means that you were not particularly lucky but 12% is really high enough that it is not weird that it happens.

What's the reasoning behind the minimum of 100 turns before one can offer a draw? I find this happens almost exclusively in the stall versus stall MU (I find, but I can't speak for others), and both players want to draw long before 100 turns is up. A large portion of such games (at least 30 turns in a recent match of mine) is spent switching every turn to save pp and wait until a draw can be made.

What's a good place to talk about random battle movesets in LGPE.

Also, what's a better place to suggest something major for the randbats system? Suggestions, or the thread about it?

I would like a better understanding on how to read the usage stats. To better explain what I mean, I'm looking at the pages for Monotype, and I'm not 100% sure what the numbers next to the dates are. Is that the number of players sampled, or number of Pokemon, or some other metric?

Hi,

I've done some browsing but i am unable to find an answer to this question.
Am i allowed to run a bot that plays pokemon showdown matches 24/7? I'm talking about a bot that plays 1 match at a time. I am interested in deploying a machine learning algorhythm to create a battling AI.

Thanks.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Yeah it's allowed, some existing bots already to that. Perhaps just avoid making it too obvious that it's a bot (ie making too many battles at once or always saying the same things) else everyone and their mother might end up bothering global staff about it

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi,

I've done some browsing but i am unable to find an answer to this question.
Am i allowed to run a bot that plays pokemon showdown matches 24/7? I'm talking about a bot that plays 1 match at a time. I am interested in deploying a machine learning algorhythm to create a battling AI.

Thanks.
Your allowed, just don't throw matches (eg: purposefully boost other's ladder scores). Or otherwise cause trouble (dont cause it to break chat/name rules).

Hi, I'm sorry for asking this question here. I know this is the suggestions forum but I didn't really know where to ask it as the simple questions thread on the forums didn't really seem appropriate.

On a .json version of a replay how can I translate the number representing the upload time into an actual date and time?

Example (Replays linked):

"uploadtime":1562148447,"views":13,"p1id":"0ztekin219","p2id":"ninkimanjaj","formatid":"gen7partnersincrime","rating":1242,"private":0,"password":null}

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-938924103.json
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-938924103

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Hi, I'm sorry for asking this question here. I know this is the suggestions forum but I didn't really know where to ask it as the simple questions thread on the forums didn't really seem appropriate.

On a .json version of a replay how can I translate the number representing the upload time into an actual date and time?

Example (Replays linked):

"uploadtime":1562148447,"views":13,"p1id":"0ztekin219","p2id":"ninkimanjaj","formatid":"gen7partnersincrime","rating":1242,"private":0,"password":null}

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-938924103.json
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-938924103
It's a unix timestamp: https://www.unixtimestamp.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)