International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Losses are painful because afterwards you need like 3-4 wins to get back to where you were. The best battle I had today (which cost me 25 points) was against the VGC´11 World Champion´s team that paraflinched me quite a lot (3flinches + 1 fully para in the first 4 turns), 0-2 was actually a relatively good result for me afterwards.

Battles played: 45
Battles completed: 40 (3 foe disconnects and 2 communication errors, I was winning all 5)
Record: 35-5
Rating: 1734 (peak was 1737 before losing the battle I mentioned)

This took over 8 hours and I´m tired.

Good Luck everyone. Don´t disconnect, be men even if you´re unlucky, it´s just a game.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Great match DrFidget. Sorry about that Edge miss!

Hope to catch more of you on.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm MSankey from Saskatchewan, Canada

Currently 9-2 and 1600s since I outplayed myself twice.

am I pulling the worlds Top DCrs or what

Complete battles I have is 6 4w 2L the rest of the time I get DC'd before the win or when I knockout there good pokemon

my recent bouts
Luigy USA CA Memo:Whats your favorite Loss.
Result=DC after Hydregon deathx2

Luigy USA CA= DC after Blizz miss

Paolo Chile win (3-0)

Kailin-Guatemala DC b4 match start

Joshi|UK|DC

Adrian|Spain|DC after Thunderous faints

daniel Germany saxony|Please trade I want a Boldore
DC after chandelure

ying uk east of england DC after last poke fainted

Missy USA Ohio DC after double KO

Ugh. Anyone else have any team-building regrets after going into this?
Big time. I was EV training a Thundurus within the last hour before the tournament began, and in my haste to Rare Candy it up to 50 I forgot to replace Discharge with Thunderbolt. To be fair, the whole team was planned in the 20 minutes before it began, so I shouldn't have expected to go far anyway, but wifi's incredible fickleness made it even easier to quit.

Man, don't you love it when your trollish, critical-hit-machine, multi-hit-move-spammer, Razor claw-wielder Cincinno + Whimsicott make a guy ragequit and D/C? Though originally it was planned to use Life Orb but my Hydreigon is more important so...

Losses are painful because afterwards you need like 3-4 wins to get back to where you were. The best battle I had today (which cost me 25 points) was against the VGC´11 World Champion´s team that paraflinched me quite a lot (3flinches + 1 fully para in the first 4 turns), 0-2 was actually a relatively good result for me afterwards.

Battles played: 45
Battles completed: 40 (3 foe disconnects and 2 communication errors, I was winning all 5)
Record: 35-5
Rating: 1734 (peak was 1737 before losing the battle I mentioned)

This took over 8 hours and I´m tired.

Good Luck everyone. Don´t disconnect, be men even if you´re unlucky, it´s just a game.
the higher your rank, the harder you fall. Your only expected to lose to people of higher rank

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I have about 30 matches played so far with about 3 DCs. Just played an 1890 Rating and got the win :D

Started few hours ago, only played 3 games 1w L2 (i count one of my loss because public wifi isn't the best).

Rating 1502 atm I'll play more tomorrow

GGs iirc RBG from spain (forgot entire name, not sure if he/she's on smogon) but with a struggle against his team of thundurus/tornados/terrakion/jellicent, I have more to learn, 2-0 to him. (I forgot tailwind was still active...)

Trainer name is just AZ btw...

Great match DrFidget. Sorry about that Edge miss!

Hope to catch more of you on.
Great match indeed evan. That’s actually my only loss so far, currently sitting at 17-1. 22-1 counting disconnects.

For the record I’m Fidget from Michigan.

Dear Autumn friendly, would you be so kind of to not put me up against 1890 opponents when I'm struggling to even get 1600?

Oddly, I've battled no terracott teams. I thought i'd see em everywere but none in sight.
Just fought my first one, and got flinchhaxed to death. :/ I got what I asked for.

22W/4L with 3 failed connections and 2 DCs...a lot better than I was expecting. Only 1680-ish since I keep getting low-rating players to fight, though.

Wow how you guys managed to play 40+ matches? I have only had one, against what i think was a little kid or someone with his in-game adventure team.

Current Record: 31W/9L

40 battles deep. Here's the battles I've had today...

Alex: Won, 3-0
Pablo: Won, 1-0
Aris (soul_surviver): Lost, 2-0
SILVER^: Won, 3-0
Malik: Won, 2-0
Inferi: Lost, 1-0
Chris: Won, 2-0
CARLO: Won, 3-0

Currently at W/L/DC ratio of 20/3/4. ANd just found out gonna be away for whole weekend, so looks like gonna stay up till 5 in morning trying to rack up rank XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)