Lie, Cheat, and Steal Mafia Thieves Win

A thing:

If The-Me was persuaded to betray, it was likely not done for the sake of FireMage to reach 9 points, since at the time the action was used mafia shouldn't know the pairs, if they did, they would have used it to kill an allying 1. Actually I question the use of the persuade role, why use it on someone who actually had a legit reason to betray instead of on someone who has 3 points and could possibly end up against a 1 pointer. This leads me to believe that this role is likely restricted and can't lead to death on it's own, that is likely a 9 point upgrade for it, otherwise I see no reason for it's current use, it was put on a guy who was least likely to be paired against a 1, because he couldn't be paired against himself.

Also kok, did you use your freaking role yet, I really wish to see it confirmed.

As for aska's role, he used it completely selfishly on himself rather than on a low point likely villager, ergo I think he is legit, a mafia would be too focused on trying to look the most village to pick the selfish option, I do wish to first see him being able to use it on someone else, just in case it's actually a 1 point stealing role and he robbed DLE's last point. Which actually is a likely role for the thieves faction!!!

Also I'm so not surprised Fatecrashers died, he took the point damage thing for so granted, his role was bound to have something to do with it, makes me wonder though if this means the mafias have established contact since otherwise they risked potential crossfire?

Other than those: ipl is ipl, Ditto being convinced is shaky especially how many posts spelled out the intent of the Walrein lynch and the fact Ditto should know better than to listen to ipl, seems like a mafia who gave in to an easy chance of betraying and pushing it onto ipl.

As for there being 3 kills, only time will tell based, maybe fate killed dle!

~LightWolf The Stupid

Also yes I was kidnaped, couldn't use role, aska didn't likely know this because he had no role when he was kidnapped

I was indeed the only one facing off against The-Me and FireMage; no one has contacted me last night, all I did was give my action to von: Ally.

Lightwolf the Stupid being kidnapped sounds very plausible, as vonFiedler announced before the AB phase that he would not be participating.

As of what happened last night; do people have any information on what happened last night? Were they targeted by something, were things stolen, etc. So far we have pretty much zero idea of what roles are in the game.

If mafia kills work through points, that would mean a 'kill' would set someone back by at least three points (much like Fatecrasher's Vigilante role, but stronger). This doesn't have to be the case, however; it may be possible kills are actually direct kills. Then there is also the extra kill, and as LW pointed out, it's very well possible that this was aska stealing DLE's last point.

Eh? What? May I remind you that me and El were among the only people to Ally on the first round?
Sorry I got a little bit confused, I just read the fact that you went against the village both times and put betray down. Still, doing the bad plays...

How did LightWolf The Stupid get kidnapped yesterday though? I presumed it was ginganinja as that was the person von said in the flavour, but he took part in the AB phase according to the spread.

lynch Ditto

I agree with LightWolf. I've been suspicious of Ditto since d1 lol but it was only gut instinct of his postings there but yea there's solid reasoning for that now.

ALSO. Since moi died, I'm going to say this. moi told me who he targeted at night 0 during the first ab phase where I was paired with him. We practically just claimed to each other lol. However, given this info, I am suspicious of who he targeted and rather I talk with the person to clear things up before outing that person. Save a lynch for another day~

edit: @ Celever

It is now the second AB Phase. Lightwoof the Stupid will not be participating.

Sending out PMs now.

?_? how is that ginga??? haha

Last edited:
eh, I'm not sure what to think actually. if ditto actually suspected walrein and kok then it would at least make sense. ipl and I talked before the noc phase and he basically asked me about stuff so he could catch up, and I remember specifically telling him that everyone is allying and linking to my post that explains why the village gains from it. if he disagreed or something he could have told me or asked why everyone is allying but he didn't.

[17:09] <Celever> why DID you betray?
[17:10] <firemage> We didn't choose to betray
[17:10] <Celever> Ya you did
[17:10] <Celever> it's on the spread
[17:11] <firemage> infact we didn't actually choose an ation at all
[17:11] <firemage> *Action
[17:11] <Celever> Why didn't you?
[17:11] <firemage> b/c I can account for all actions in the past 24 hours
[17:12] <firemage> all my actions at least
[17:12] <Celever> was it life? :[
[17:12] <firemage> Tours and Social Media
[17:12] <firemage> yes
[17:12] <Celever> gdi life
[17:12] <Celever> did The-Me pick an action though?
[17:12] <Celever> Or was betray like the auto-action
[17:13] <firemage> neither of us did
[17:13] <firemage> it was an auto-action

Whereas The-Me said it was an action that forced them to do it.

DRAMA! :O

Celever:
I can explain! Honest. Me and FireMage didn't even discuss about this, because I was busy IRL yesterday, but our lovely Zero III told me that I "was persuaded" to choose Betray, no matter what we chose.
1. I never said it was an action of any sort. "Forced" is a wrong term anyway, it was more like that we had no option at all.
2. I did say that FireMage and I never talked.
3. Why am I so defensive? I'd mafiaread myself if I were someone else.

vote imperfectluck

3. Why am I so defensive? I'd mafiaread myself if I were someone else.
this is actually the worst part of your post because you're being self-aware :pimp:

Anyway I don't really approve of the "it's ipl" argument because there's a reasonable limit to everything. Hiding the fact that KOK messaged him from Ditto is probably grounds for a lynch alone.

[17:09] <Celever> why DID you betray?
[17:10] <firemage> We didn't choose to betray
[17:10] <Celever> Ya you did
[17:10] <Celever> it's on the spread
[17:11] <firemage> infact we didn't actually choose an ation at all
[17:11] <firemage> *Action
[17:11] <Celever> Why didn't you?
[17:11] <firemage> b/c I can account for all actions in the past 24 hours
[17:12] <firemage> all my actions at least
[17:12] <Celever> was it life? :[
[17:12] <firemage> Tours and Social Media
[17:12] <firemage> yes
[17:12] <Celever> gdi life
[17:12] <Celever> did The-Me pick an action though?
[17:12] <Celever> Or was betray like the auto-action
[17:13] <firemage> neither of us did
[17:13] <firemage> it was an auto-action

Whereas The-Me said it was an action that forced them to do it.

DRAMA! :O

It could've been an action that made us pick betray - if it was I wasn't aware of it

Alright guys, we have our first lynch target!!! (whaat)

Ace Emerald was nice enough to claim to me and he's a super cool dude but unfortunately it's pretty apparent that he's lying. There are 3 strikes against him:
1) He has claimed to be a triple-vote mayor whose power only activates when there are fewer than 5 players left. This is completely non-provable, and anyway...
2) Walrein is already the proven Mayor. Both Walrein's and Ace Emerald's role PMs state their role as Mayor. I doubt von would include two roles and call them the exact same thing - and what Ace is claiming isn't really what I would call "Mayor" anyway.
3) The real reason we're lynching him: his claimed role PM is formatted incorrectly. I won't say exactly how, as I don't want to let the rest of his team know what mistake he's made.

This is pretty definitive and I'm confident enough in this to say that we should be [Bvoting Ace Emerald[/B].

Sorry, man!

Last edited:
askaninjask I am kind of against voting ace out as he didn't claim to anybody before Walrein claimed, so if he was mafia he would have just changed his role. Like you said yourself, many people didn't get their proper roles until after the deaths anyway, and if the only role he has is 9 pt then that follows that...

About there being two of the same roles: I think that it is likely that the weaker roles will have duplicates in this game. In a game where the "good" power roles are few yet there are many lackluster abilities duplicates are bound to turn up somewhere. But meh, that's just my opinion.

Celever we could save a lot of time if you would read my posts before responding to them

askaninjask said:
3) The real reason we're lynching him: his claimed role PM is formatted incorrectly. I won't say exactly how, as I don't want to let the rest of his team know what mistake he's made.

We're still voting ace.

huh I guess I didn't include a rule about potential host mistakes in Role PMs. But it should be common sense.
I thought that answered your point sufficiently Aska...
Besides, mafia take care to make sure it's right (i.e taking the format from the dead peoples role pms), ace wouldn't know any better.

itt: Celever is seriously a white knight.

If this were an NOC I would straight up vote to lynch Celever at this point. How do you know if Ace wouldn't know any better as to how the role PMs were formatted.

Also disregarding that whole part all together, why don't we talk about his claim??? I think in a game like this role pms aren't going to be 100% cut and dry, but by the same token, the only time I would expect to see a duplicate role is if the role was a twin shared with someone else. 2 mayors is way too much considering the number of players in the game. If this was a big game, I might entertain the notion but seeing as this is a standard small game, that's highly unlikely.

In any event, Vote Ace Emerald.

depending on the numbers and kill cycle it's possible the 'circumstantial mayor' could be a real role. there were 3 kills, one of which can't be explained unless it was Fate, the other two presumably are the two mafias' doing. if there are deaths from the AB cycle + any sort of persuader to then take advantage of Ace's role I think it could balance itself out as a risky endgame ringer role - AQUA had a similar role that only gained power to maintain village majority as the game went on though it was randed like N1, and BIGS had the Pink's only good role be a vote stacker (which was also by far the best role in the game if protected, by their omniguard, so I am not sure von would add a BS role like that). good beyond their omniguard lolololol
without knowing for sure where/when every kill comes from I can't say if I would put a situational mayor AND a standard mayor into the game, having put a similar role in concept into my last 2v1 game. I'm inclined to think against it due to the existence of Walrein's presumably-proven role. If Ace flips Liar I think we should reconsider Walrein. OTOH, if there are roles that stop Walrein from voting (maybe the kidnapper who hit LightWolf the stupid will kidnap during the day too at 9 points?), Ace, who is otherwise a vanilla, would be good backup. However, fewer than 5 players is a very small circumstance where Ace is one of the five still alive BUT the game is not over. who knows if he could even win the lynch at that point, it could be Ace + 2 of each mafia.

will vote Ace Emerald for now and wait to see if he has any defense/other revelations come to life.

Last edited:
Yo I know for a fact that there are likely 2(+) of the same role in this game. I doubt ace emerald is lying. If you guys will trust me, give me until next day to prove that he's who he is.

Until then, can we just lynch ipl or ditto because they're more likely to be mafia instead???

Back