Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Arkadu: Not really. If you're saved in front of the daycare man, nothing should happen. If you're getting weird phone calls, how do you know you've landed on your delay? Perhaps you just landed on a different delay?

Arkadu: Not really. If you're saved in front of the daycare man, nothing should happen. If you're getting weird phone calls, how do you know you've landed on your delay? Perhaps you just landed on a different delay?
It's possible I'm not hitting my delay, though I doubt it. I've been pretty successfully using the roamers exclusively to determine my seed, just had some weirdness today.

Next question, is there a utility a la RNGReporter that can tell me the HP type and power of the egg IVs the baby should have?

It's very possible that your roamers are in the same spot but your delay is off. If this happens, make sure to verify phone calls with Elm in RNG Reporter. When all else fails, use seed finder and catch a pokemon to determine your seed.

If you want to know IV > Hidden Power then use Metalkid's (google search). Alternatively, pokemon online should have an option for you in team builder if you play it :)

It's very possible that your roamers are in the same spot but your delay is off. If this happens, make sure to verify phone calls with Elm in RNG Reporter. When all else fails, use seed finder and catch a pokemon to determine your seed.

If you want to know IV > Hidden Power then use Metalkid's (google search). Alternatively, pokemon online should have an option for you in team builder if you play it :)
I actually just found and perused the HP 'guide' on smogon, it's pretty in-depth and handy!

@Gabe - it's really not that difficult, it's just somewhat term-heavy. RNGReporter+Toast's timer = profit

I agree with Arkadu. It's only hard for your first abuse - after that, it's relatively easy (the concepts). Toaster's timer or Pikatimer = profit :)

Just try it out with the guides here, the thread, and youtube videos :) You'll be sure to succeed with some effort.

I agree with Arkadu. It's only hard for your first abuse - after that, it's relatively easy (the concepts). Toaster's timer or Pikatimer = profit :)

Just try it out with the guides here, the thread, and youtube videos :) You'll be sure to succeed with some effort.
There are only like less than 10 terminologies to know. :D
Frame, Seed, Delay, RNGReporter, PikaTimer, ZomgTimer, Elm Calls/Coin Flips, Frame Advancements.

Try bearsfan092drums' videos on youtube. It's really helpful, imo.

Anyway, I'm thinking up of buying a retail Platinum Cart... Is there much of a difference from HGSS RNG? *I probably won't breed there, just catching all the other Legendaries I couldn't get from my SS Game.*

No difference other than Method J for DPPt and Method K for HG/SS in wild captures. Be careful of roaming NPCs though - it's a bit tougher for wild captures in DPPt because of frame advancements. With HG/SS it doesn't really matter(minus Enigma Stone Lati twins)...not that many NPCs move elsewhere.

and I don't know about you, but those 10terms were pretty overwhelming when I first started :) It's easy looking back on it, but just delay/seed/frame/spread/PID got me all confuzzled. You also forgot PokeRNGDP which definitely deserves just as much credit as any of those on there :)

You can't hit that delay because your game wants an odd delay, not even. So put a GBA game in the GBA game slot or change the year by one on your DS, not RNG Reporter (change your DS start time from 2010 to 2011). Do one or the other, not both.
thanks i will try tomorrow
That's Work, Thanks man.

now i try to catch a shiny (maybe black rayquaza). how to now a seed will match with my ID & SID ??

and how to use PokeRNG to seach IV above 28 since i have try it's ask only HP/ATK .... how to write more than 25 in this program

No difference other than Method J for DPPt and Method K for HG/SS in wild captures. Be careful of roaming NPCs though - it's a bit tougher for wild captures in DPPt because of frame advancements. With HG/SS it doesn't really matter(minus Enigma Stone Lati twins)...not that many NPCs move elsewhere.

and I don't know about you, but those 10terms were pretty overwhelming when I first started :) It's easy looking back on it, but just delay/seed/frame/spread/PID got me all confuzzled. You also forgot PokeRNGDP which definitely deserves just as much credit as any of those on there :)
Oh, yes lol. PokeRNGDP. >_<
I had a bit of familiarity with some of those words, but still got a bit overwhelmed because I didn't know that they were the same in Pokemon. lol.

ask about pokeball

in gen 4, if i catch a pokemon in HGSS with johto pokeball (like heavy ball, level ball) and then transfer that pokemon to DPPt the pokemon will change to normal pokeball.

I plan to catch Lugia with Heavy Ball and Ho-oh with Level Ball. is it ball with change to normal pokeball if i transfer to gen 5 later. since level ball and heavy ball are johto special ball ?????

and exc. if i catch lugia in SoulSilver with heavy ball than tranfer to Platinum (pokemon will change to normal pokeball) and transfer back to SoulSilver, is it ball will change back to Heavy Ball ????

in gen 4, if i catch a pokemon in HGSS with johto pokeball (like heavy ball, level ball) and then transfer that pokemon to DPPt the pokemon will change to normal pokeball.

I plan to catch Lugia with Heavy Ball and Ho-oh with Level Ball. is it ball with change to normal pokeball if i transfer to gen 5 later. since level ball and heavy ball are johto special ball ?????

and exc. if i catch lugia in SoulSilver with heavy ball than tranfer to Platinum (pokemon will change to normal pokeball) and transfer back to SoulSilver, is it ball will change back to Heavy Ball ????
This is really a simple requests/question and should have been posted in that thread, but in answer, an HGSS pokemon retains the information of which ball it was caught in despite being transferred to DPPt. Therefore transferring the pokemon back to HGSS will allow the correct ball to be seen again. On Gen 5, apricorn balls are seen correctly as apricorn balls, so your Level Ball Lugia/Ho-Oh will be seen in the level balls.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How do i RNG breed a pokemon with 31 iv's in all?
Use the Egg IV section of RNG reporter, set the wanted IV's to 31. You'll have to fill in parent IV's if you want flawless. You'll need at least 3 flawless stats between the 2. Anything you don't want inherited from the parents, set as 0 (whether they really are 0 or not).

Use the Egg IV section of RNG reporter, set the wanted IV's to 31. You'll have to fill in parent IV's if you want flawless. You'll need at least 3 flawless stats between the 2. Anything you don't want inherited from the parents, set as 0 (whether they really are 0 or not).
Ok but where is the egg iv section?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok and i have my avg frame and delay but what does it mean by max and min?
It's just what you want it to search. You don't want to go below your average delay. For egg IVs, I usually use frame 12. Delay just depends on how long you want to wait. I'd go about 600 - 1000.

Toast++

Is there any way to advance the IRNG to frame n on a Monday in HG/SS other than collecting n-1 eggs?
I think someone said that it didn't seem to matter for them if Joey asked to battle or not.

If you're worried about it, you could just beat him first.

This is really a simple requests/question and should have been posted in that thread, but in answer, an HGSS pokemon retains the information of which ball it was caught in despite being transferred to DPPt. Therefore transferring the pokemon back to HGSS will allow the correct ball to be seen again. On Gen 5, apricorn balls are seen correctly as apricorn balls, so your Level Ball Lugia/Ho-Oh will be seen in the level balls.
thanks for information now i can focus to catch them.

next, i have some problem after catch groudon, i want to rng rayquaza / mewtwo (with GEN 3 in slot 2) but when i try to call elm (Seed Verifying) it say no match seed what happen ??

this problem is not happen when i remove my pokemon sappire from slot 2 but i cant hit my delay (always lower than my target)

UPDATE :
how to catch mewtwo?? is he method K and what his frame ?? 1

UPDATE 2:
since my id not match with shiny flawess, how to change my id and sid ??? and can you tell me id and sid to get shiny flawess/near flawess adamant/timid/modest/jolly/calm and bold

thanks for information now i can focus to catch them.

next, i have some problem after catch groudon, i want to rng rayquaza / mewtwo (with GEN 3 in slot 2) but when i try to call elm (Seed Verifying) it say no match seed what happen ??

this problem is not happen when i remove my pokemon sappire from slot 2 but i cant hit my delay (always lower than my target)

UPDATE :
how to catch mewtwo?? is he method K and what his frame ?? 1

UPDATE 2:
since my id not match with shiny flawess, how to change my id and sid ??? and can you tell me id and sid to get shiny flawess/near flawess adamant/timid/modest/jolly/calm and bold
Mewtwo is method K, like all stationary Pokemon in HGSS. Not sure about his frame, though most likely 1.

For ID SID, you will need to RNG abuse one for your desired shiny flawless spread.

yes i know i need to abuse desired shiny flawless spread, but i cant find best one.

do you know ID and SID that can make shiny mininum 2 kind flawess / near flawess nature (ex. timid and jolly) in one ID and SID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)