Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im wondering if anyone has a shiny zoroark, i dont have too much to trade but ill do my best i can to try to be accommodating.
Did you want sludge bomb on it? If not then I have one. Send me a private message with your friend code and a time you might be in the ps wifi room if you want it. Don't worry about trading me anything good.

Just go to http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/wi-fi.53/ and click the "Post New thread" Button. Once you've created it, reserve as many posts as you want and edit them as you see fit.

So when you talk about reserving posts, are these just for my pokemon? At 1 each? Or am I estimating how many replies I'd get expressing interest? Do people post replies as in the giveaway threads, or PM you (typically)? I've decided to jump on a trade thread even though my offerings will be awful for another many weeks, but I don't want the format to be wrong or suck on top of the content ;-)

The "reserved posts" are for your own Pokémon. People typically put more than one per post; going for groupings instead - say by generation, type, legends/not, shinies, Pokémon received in trades, etc. Have a look through some of the trade threads which are already around to get an idea, all the posts at the start of each thread made by the thread's poster are the "reserved posts". There's no hard rule for how many can be reserved, but one per Pokémon would certainly be pushing it given some threads end up with hundreds of Pokés.

Should I keep this guy? IV = |31|31|26|31|31|30| HP = Ice. Nature = Timid (I kind of wanted to SR a Flawless one, but this one isn't awful)
243.png
ultraball.png

Last edited:
Should I keep this guy? IV = |31|31|26|31|31|30| HP = Ice. (I kind of wanted to SR a Flawless one, but this one isn't awful)
243.png
ultraball.png
The defence and speed are kinda lacking where the attack is uselessly strong. if you wanna go all out, go for a bit higher defence but HP ice is really nice on him so personally id keep, but maybe im too leinent on it.

Should I keep this guy? IV = |31|31|26|31|31|30| HP = Ice. Nature = Timid (I kind of wanted to SR a Flawless one, but this one isn't awful)
243.png
ultraball.png
Toss, for Timid HP Ice even 31/o/31/31/31/30 would be meh (keepable if you're running a set that doesn't need max Spe, but still meh), for personal use you'll want something like 30+/x/26+/31/27+/31 HP Ice to avoid taking too much extra damage, for trade value 30+/x/30+/31/31/31 HP Ice or bust.

I am contemplating getting a Power Saves for cloning (back up / Poke bank method) and ESV checking. Can I also use Power Saves to:
1) check egg IVs? Low-level pokemon IVs?
2) check TSVs on my wife and I's x3 game cards?

I am contemplating getting a Power Saves for cloning (back up / Poke bank method) and ESV checking. Can I also use Power Saves to:
1) check egg IVs? Low-level pokemon IVs?
2) check TSVs on my wife and I's x3 game cards?

1. Yes you can, you can find the IV's of an egg (and it's ESV) and you can find the exact IV's of a Pokémon, at any level.
2. You can simply trade a Pokémon of each game to your main game that you break for Keysav to work and check the TSV of each save file OR you could simply break all save files.

When breeding a Pokemon with 2 abilities(not HA), does the ability of the mother influence the odds of getting an egg with the same ability? It seems like the odds are very skewed toward the mother's ability.

When breeding a Pokemon with 2 abilities(not HA), does the ability of the mother influence the odds of getting an egg with the same ability? It seems like the odds are very skewed toward the mother's ability.
It greatly increase the chance of getting moms ability. iirc it is 80%

How do you change swarm in HGSS again?
I set the clock to 23:59, let a minute pass and then check. Sometimes I get a new swarm, other times it just stays the same swarm.
What's the actual process to get it to change (other than waiting 24 irl hours because I've been doing that for two weeks and I have some IRL deadlines coming up preoccupying me coming weeks)?

I set the clock to 23:59, let a minute pass and then check. Sometimes I get a new swarm, other times it just stays the same swarm.
What's the actual process to get it to change (other than waiting 24 irl hours because I've been doing that for two weeks and I have some IRL deadlines coming up preoccupying me coming weeks)?
I put the clock on 23:55 and then let the time pass.It works 99% of the time for me.

Set your ds clock to 23:58, go ingame and wait until 00:00. Check the radio. If it is not the swarm you want, save and try again.

Guy, be honest - would you toss this one?

Darkrai Timid (31/31/28/31/31/31) I hate 6 GEN RNG and so it hates me :/
It's fine for personal use, but not optimal for trade value. A level 50 perfect spread like 30+/x/30+/31/30+/31 would be more suitable for that.

What is the chance to get a shiny with masuda method and shiny charm?
If I save before getting an egg can I collect some thing like 60 of them and then soft reset if I didn't find any shiny? this way I wouldn't have to flood my pc boxes.

What is the chance to get a shiny with masuda method and shiny charm?
If I save before getting an egg can I collect some thing like 60 of them and then soft reset if I didn't find any shiny? this way I wouldn't have to flood my pc boxes.
Yeah, it's 1/512. Even from experience. :)

Is there any particular benefit for going <31 SpA for Physical Attackers (RNG'ing in Gen IV)? I know special attackers prefer low attack for confusion/Foul Play but I was wondering if there was anything similar for physical attackers..
Nope, no additional value at all. I do this because of the aesthetics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back