The Workshop

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Requester: SBPC
For: NFE Old Gens Hub
Art Direction: Something with the words "NFE Old Gens" on it, with one of the top pokemon from every generation to represent them. Servine for SM, Monferno for ORAS, Gabite for BW, and Golbat for DPP
Ill take it

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Requester: darkie
For: Pokemon Showdown Trainer Sprite
Art Direction: Dirk Nowitzki as a Pokemon Trainer
From the rules in the OP:
This is the wrong place to request banners and images for:
  • Other applications that are either highly personal, unrelated to Smogon, or generally shortlived
Better off requesting from specific artists that does Pokemon style pixel art

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Requester: SectoniaServant
For: 350 Cup
Art Direction: I would like to request that Stufful be included in the artwork if possible, but also a few other LC/NFE mons if possible, and one Uber too, if possible. The LC/NFE mons I’ll like to be included are Solosis, Vibrava, and Clefairy, while the Uber mon, I would like to be Zamazenta, if possible. This isn’t as urgent, because we have a banner with a mon that survived the transition to generation 8, but I would like a more modern banner if possible. Here’s the gen 8 thread, if you want it. And here’s the gen 7 thread, if you want any more inspiration. Thanks in advance!

https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/national-dex.533/

So national dex metas are a thing now and we would like to request banners for NatDex OU and NatDex as a whole. Art can really be various things really, but maybe highlighting certain mons coming back such as Lando-T, Heatran, Garchomp and the likes.
Imma take the NatDex OU one (if nobody call dibs on the other one, I may take that, too). I have already an idea in mind. :3

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Requester: Minority & Nayrz
For: Most Wanted (Major Team Tour)
Art Direction: This is a new ~100 player team tour that is being unveiled a few weeks into Generation 8 that uses a bounty system and player assassinations. We picture two to seven anthropomorphic Pokemon wearing suits holding weapons (or even held items for luls) - think Pulp Fiction / Men in Black / John Wick / No Country for Old Men aesthetic. Pokemon that are strong throughout Ubers gens 3-7 and are easy to make into humanoid shapes (like Mewtwo) work best. We also want to include at least one Pokemon which will obviously be strong in Generation 8 (like sword doggo or Aegislash). Please ask if more direction is helpful.
Request made: Nov 7th
Artist working on this: none so far

Requester: In The Hills
For: Sword and Shield Camomons (Generation 7's thread for reference)
Art Direction: Intellion could possibly the main focus of the picture? it has camoflauge lol idk... Mew, Clefable, Snorlax (possibly gigantamax), Chandelure could also fit
Request made: Nov 17
I can do one of these two! Example thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ausma-2-electric-boogaloo.3656908/
If you would like more examples, please message me and I can provide! (I am able to do GFX work)

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Requester: xavgb
For: Mix and Mega
Art Direction: I was thinking something similar to the Gen 7 thread but really anything featuring some mix of Mandibuzz, Weavile, or Dragapult would be really cool.
Holy crap I remember seeing the original image for this and absolutely loving the creativity and the finesse in it. I know my examples aren't the most telling, but I'd love to work on something like this and putting my most into it especially due to my experience in designs. In other words, I'd love to take on the job!

Requester: WhitePhoenixace
For: Trademarked Gen 8 forum
Art Direction: i wanted to see if I could get a depiction of kommo using clangorous soul, gengar or hydreigon using nasty plot or maybe all 3 in one image.

Requester: Pokesartoolcay
For: Gen 8 2v2 Doubles Thread
Art Direction: I was thinking something around the lines of the common pokemon you'd see in the tier such as Pelipper, Exadrill, Arcanine, and Oranguru, which represent many of the team styles at present, along with 2v2 doubles as a logo. I'd really appreciate it!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would like to request three banners for the Pet Mods forum.

Requester: G-Luke

1. A Banner for the Rules and Regulations Thread.
I would like an image of Gardevoir as a teacher teaching 3 LC mons (not snapped) with the words "Rules and Regulations" incorporated on a chalkboard.

2. Pet Mods Workshop Thread
A Sableye and a Snorlax with hardhats and tools trying to fix stuff with the words "Pet Mods Workshop" stylized with contruction motifs.

3. Pet Mods Submission Thread
As long as a Chadelure is incorporated into the title I am game for anything really.

Links to the threads are here
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pet-mods-submission-thread.3657184/

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pet-mods-rules-and-regulations.3589314/

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pet-mods-workshop.3657185/

These being the banners of very important threads in Pet Mods, I would request that these are created sooner rather later, and that they look cool. Thanks!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Gross Sweep

For: RMT (RMT has a long history of using the same piece of art for all rules/resource pages, projects, competitions, and pretty much anything else RMT related and we wanted to get a new logo that will be used on all RMT related projects for the entirety of the 8th generation.

Art Direction: We'd like to give artists as much creative freedom as possible, but there are a couple things we'd like to see in the art: Either the phrase Rate My Team or the acronym RMT, The Storm Badge at least in shape - color can change for design if needed (Storm badge is the RMT badge), and all pokemon present must be fighting type - they don't have to be new this gen, but we'd prefer if they at least survived dexit (not including the ones who might get added in later).

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Requester: Ho3nConfirm3d

For: Suicide Cup

Art Direction: Similar to last gen's banner, with mons and thier items like Gothitelle with Choice Specs, Cinderace with Black Sludge, Dugtrio with a Toxic Orb, and then a Bronzor would be perfect. Something with a darker theme and colors also would be pretty fitting.

ausma

token smogon furry
OU Forum Leader
Requester: xavgb
For: Mix and Mega
Art Direction: I was thinking something similar to the Gen 7 thread but really anything featuring some combination of Mandibuzz, Weavile, or Dragapult would be really cool.
xavgb I've completed your request! Had a ton of fun putting it together. (There's a bit of a size issue I can't quite remedy without ruining the dimensions, if you need me to do that let me know.)

https://sta.sh/0u2lcyezwde

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Alakazam / The Dark Alakazam
For: 1v1 Tournaments
Art Direction: A Vector Podium (the ones you see with raised levels for first, second, and third place) in a stadium (maybe in the style of a Gen 8 Gym Stadium), with Crustle in 3rd place, Sylveon in Second, and Galarian Darmanitan in first (if you want to change one of them to a Pokemon of your choice, lmk, I'm specifically choosing Pokemon that are good but not too good, in case of suspects)

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Update on our request for Most Wanted - captain signups will go up in two weeks (Dec 15th). We want the tournament banner to be integrated as early as possible, and certainly once player signups go up.

We're also open to other art direction and minimalist approaches are fine so long as the work is very polished.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
idk how double requests go but I'll see what happens
Requester: Alakazam / The Dark Alakazam
For: 1v1 Speed Tiers
Art Direction:
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.06.30 PM.png

this image, but with Choice Scarf Darmanitan-Galar about to punch a Dragapult (with or w/o text)

Or something like that, if you're into it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)