Those little things we don't talk about...

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sheesh, there's actually an article for that kind of thing? It pops up every now and then, but I don't know how to control it. Like when I'm at church, I just imagine myself mouthing off every obscenity known to man while people are praying and having a breakthrough. It's like I'm having a moment of peace one day thinking about sunshine and rainbows VERY MANLY THINGS, until suddenly, an interlude of nails on a chalkboard. Gah, it's annoying.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i am not autistic
yeah everyone where I live does that too, I know exactly how you feel.

how about when you're passing a friend somewhere and you both see each other coming from a long way off and you're just sort of looking at each other awkwardly until you get within comfortable speaking distance?

I'm certain this happens to a lot of people, but I have tons of deja vu moments. Rather occasionally I'll be talking to someone and I'll hear them completely repeat a sentence right after finishing the other one.

"So yea I went to the mall. So yea I went to the mall."

Like that. I always ask people if they did that on purpose and they just look at me weird and tell me I'm crazy. ;_;

when i have something really awesome to say in my head and then i end up stuttering or fucking up when i try to actually say it and it ruins everything
Nj

this is me

whenever I'm on the phone

with anyone

especially my gf's parents, whoops

and my gf too sometimes because I'm really bashful and awkward

~ You know that feeling where you feel like you just fell through your chair / bed / floor while you're dozing off or asleep? It happens to me nearly any time I'm dozing off and it's the trippiest thing ever.

Many times when I go to shit, my right leg starts to twitch/shake involuntarily after I move it a bit, I can stop it by will, but it's interesting seeing my leg move without me "commanding it".

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I was lying in bed last night (perfect place/time to think) and I remembered a couple more:

- when I'm riding in someone's car in the passenger seat and they're approaching something way too quickly and I think they should slow down, my right foot instinctively begins pressing down on the floor of the car as if I have my own brake pedal

- sometimes when I'm lying in bed, or even during the regular daytime, if I'm having one of those daydreams where I'm fighting or throwing a punch (you know the kind, we all want to be the white knight) my body will tense up right in the area I would be "using", and sometimes I'll even twist or move like I'm throwing the punch

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's not an American thing that's an autism thing... no one where I live worries about eye contact except me and that isn't really worth talking about but this is;

That awkward moment when you are walking past a black man and you avoid eye contact and you think "oh shit, he is going to think I'm racist when I just do that to everyone". Except the cute girls you mentioned.
I don't do that, but what I find a lot of people do is if you're walking down the street or w/e and you see someone you know walking towards you but still a ways away you avert eye contact until that moment when they are only a couple of steps in front of you, then you say hi, etc.

Another one is I'll be laying in bed waiting for sleep and daydreaming, and think of something that provokes some sort of reaction, like an embarrassing moment and when I snap out of it I realise I'm making like a shocked face as if it had just happened.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
- sometimes when I'm lying in bed, or even during the regular daytime, if I'm having one of those daydreams where I'm fighting or throwing a punch (you know the kind, we all want to be the white knight) my body will tense up right in the area I would be "using", and sometimes I'll even twist or move like I'm throwing the punch
that happens to me all the time

also if i think the word "yes" my head nods.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
when you say "bye" and you both walk in the same direction, sometimes i want to say something like "we're going the same way why don't you cancel your plans and come with me" or something

whenever i am walking in a crowded place i get an uncontrollable urge to kick slow walkers in the back of the head and move on

you buy something from a shop and you put it in your own backpack or satchel or whatever, and then halfway back home you check to make sure it's still there because you're not carrying a plastic bag

sometimes i feel my right thigh vibrating and i think its my phone but my phone is on the table

that eye contact thing is annoying because you are waiting for the other person to say something and then you think you should say something but it might be weird if you do. At a distance you can't really say hi but at the same time both people acknowledge each other which is again awkward. imo the best thing to do is to keep your head up with a semi smile, just not fake, and look over as they do. I guess it's weird to plan these things.

Anyway what is really annoying is when I'm talking to somebody and something they say reminds me of something really funny and I start grinning for no apparent reason and then I think that they might think that I'm insane.

Also the urge to post in threads like these and express an opinion or experience.

-That moment when your parents say "Come in the living room, we need to talk to you." You immediately think of the bad things you did and kept secret and start panicking.

-When you're watching TV and the main character is about to do something really embarrassing, and you just can't bare to watch so you cover your eyes.

-That moment when your parents say "Come in the living room, we need to talk to you." You immediately think of the bad things you did and kept secret and start panicking.

-When you're watching TV and the main character is about to do something really embarrassing, and you just can't bare to watch so you cover your eyes.
there are some good posts in here, but I think a lot of people are missing the point of this thread

you're supposed to be sharing those strange little moments of humanity that we all face, not stupid little quirks in our everyday lives

NEW THREAD RULE: if you showed your post to your mom or dad and they WOULDN'T say "dude, that's kinda weird, why would you talk about that," then it isn't worth posting.

all you fucks. :evan:

he means actual good shit.
Like peeing after sex and the bastard stream splits into two and you just piss everywhere. Or like when you're in bed and you really need to pee but really can't be fucked getting up so you just get a hard on and the feeling subsides.

edit: I dont want to live in the world anymore

When you take a hard test and you come across a question and you can't decide the answer so you keep changing it multiple times. It's ALWAYS the one you didn't choose in the end.

Sometimes, when I'm urinating in a public restroom, I use too much force so my piss splashes off the inner urinal wall and onto my pants/shoes/shirt/whatever. After I wash the affected area with water from the faucet, I either dry my clothes off by using a shitty hand dryer that takes forever to dry anything or I scrub my clothes with paper towels/toilet paper if there are no hand dryers. If I'm really pressed for time, or if there are no hand dryers or paper towels, I let it air-dry while hoping that no one notices the spot being covered by my hand(s) and/or shifted clothes.

When you are watching a movie at the movie theater and it's really loud and you have to fart but the second you fart the movie gets really quiet and everybody hears it and everybody knows it was you

When I've been eating wholegrain bread, I hurt my ass shitting because some of the seeds make it through my digestive system.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
When you see somebody that meant somebody to you and in your head you think should I say hi whats up or grab this fucking car and run over her and shoot her and fucking flick her off and fucking tell ask her how it feels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)