VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a bit off topic and mean, but Cybertron, Talkinglion, are you actually playing? Didn't you both get second in your respective events?
This has already been discussed. Their going for a few reasons including, but not limited to, seeing more people, increasing rewards (travel allowence), continue to test their teams to get a feel of the real metagames, etc.

Seeing how this is the first year Nationals is open and considering the abysmal numbers we had at Regionals, I'd expect around 200-300 Juniors and Seniors and maybe 500+ Masters. TCG gets around those numbers for Juniors, and a lot more for Masters. I think that once you get to Nationals for VGC, the players are a lot more dedicated and hardcore. At Regionals the past few years, there were such high numbers because of the nice, flashy website that Pokemon designed, along with the fact a lot were there just to check it out and play for fun. A lot of these were people who didn't really know what they were doing, and went because it was close and IRL Pokemon events are always fun. Since pokemonvgc.com links to blocks of text on the Pokemon website now, it's not as impressive or cool as it used to be. (Personally, I really miss this and I wish Pokemon would bring back the website with all the winners/videos/teams).
Yeah, despite converting to the more generous Swiss match method, the VGC's presentation this year looks to be sorely lacking. Part of why I enjoyed VGC 2011 last year was because of the side events and just the general atmosphere: despite loosing Round 1, I wanted to stick around just to talk with fellow Pokefans. What I've heard this year that's it mostly a "Get in, play your matches, and GTFO" style this year, which is a huge shame.

This has already been discussed. Their going for a few reasons including, but not limited to, seeing more people, increasing rewards (travel allowence), continue to test their teams to get a feel of the real metagames, etc.
Those are the reasons I'm attending aswell, lol.

and also, just to restate what has been said.

Since nationals is open this year, it's not like we'll be taking someone's spot either if we win again and there's nothing wrong with that.

Those are the reasons I'm attending aswell, lol.

and also, just to restate what has been said.

Since nationals is open this year, it's not like we'll be taking someone's spot either if we win again and there's nothing wrong with that.

We're all just bye jealous :P. And some people will need trips to make it to nats. Are the Arnolds coming to this reg?

Kindergang. Me, Wolfey and Kinderlew are training Spence to get on our level so it will be a complete kindergang sweep.

I wast forgotten lol. I wonder if Nats is going to be easier or harder to make Top 16 now that anybody can come? There are gonna be more free victories against very casual players, but one or two more people that know what they are doing are likely to show up, that might have gotten haxed out of Top 4 at any Regionals. Masters will likely be harder, Seniors will stay about the same, Juniors is gonna get way easier for anybody who plays seriously. meh

I wast forgotten lol. I wonder if Nats is going to be easier or harder to make Top 16 now that anybody can come? There are gonna be more free victories against very casual players, but one or two more people that know what they are doing are likely to show up, that might have gotten haxed out of Top 4 at any Regionals. Masters will likely be harder, Seniors will stay about the same, Juniors is gonna get way easier for anybody who plays seriously. meh
Nationals in every aspect will be harder. Even in a Open nationals after round 2 expect to be battling top players and contenders for the top4. Remember it gets harder as you go. So casuals won't make it that far anyway. Also the players with byes will be playing round3 so it'll definitely be tougher. For Masters basically everyone knows what there doing so from the start it'll be tough.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
You're allowed to play regardless of how you finished at a fall regionals.
I'm aware of that, and Lucien, I looked at your comment, so I won't discuss it further.
I might go to Phillie, it depends on wether or not I'm confident enough to do well at all. I've actually been feeling really bad lately because of how terribly I've failed the past few years. It makes me tremendously angry at myself, lol. Regardless, I look forward to regionals, they're always so much fun and it's awesome to meet the Smog/Skarm guys :)

I'm aware of that, and Lucien, I looked at your comment, so I won't discuss it further.
I might go to Phillie, it depends on wether or not I'm confident enough to do well at all. I've actually been feeling really bad lately because of how terribly I've failed the past few years. It makes me tremendously angry at myself, lol. Regardless, I look forward to regionals, they're always so much fun and it's awesome to meet the Smog/Skarm guys :)
Come to Philly!!! I'll miss you D:

You always have creative teams. Maybe you're like me, and you only do well at large regionals lol.

Be watching him, Dimsuns gonna win it all, 4-0ing everyone. But yeah, Dimsun is a creative player whose record doesn't show how good a player he is.

Just looked at the list. This is such a competetive regional... Cybertron, iss, SuperPokemon67, and some great VGC 2012 players. Also, you have PungentFruit and TalkingLion, to very good battlers. And in Masters... kinderlew has it.

Hope to win this Regional :) playing my team on PO and wifi its seems to be pretty good ^^ I'll be in the Masters so if any seniors/juniors would like to battle my team just shoot me a PM. I battle wifi or PO

Just wondering, if Cybertron or any other Senior that already has a travel award goes to Philly and gets Top 4 (Travel Allowance), would the Travel Allowance drop down to the next person or would the Senior(Cybertron or any other person) get to keep the extra money?

Edit- 40th Post

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just wondering, if Cybertron or any other Senior that already has a travel award goes to Philly and gets Top 4 (Travel Allowance), would the Travel Allowance drop down to the next person or would the Senior(Cybertron or any other person) get to keep the extra money?

Edit- 40th Post
He keeps the money.

lol edit

OK so if u win or get top 2 at 2 regionals, do u get 4 byes?
Also, if there are 200-250 people seniors who attend Nats, i think there would be about 7 rounds which would make it like last years Nats except with more nooby people

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK so if u win or get top 2 at 2 regionals, do u get 4 byes?
Also, if there are 200-250 people seniors who attend Nats, i think there would be about 7 rounds which would make it like last years Nats except with more nooby people
The byes don't stack, so the only reason to do both is for more money, practice, and of course fun.

Does anyone have some ideas as to what us smogoners could do after Philly? I think it would be fun to go out to lunch or see a movie, or something like that. I'll stop being lazy and look at what's around there myself soon, but any ideas?

Does anyone have some ideas as to what us smogoners could do after Philly? I think it would be fun to go out to lunch or see a movie, or something like that. I'll stop being lazy and look at what's around there myself soon, but any ideas?
This sounds like a great idea! I might recognize one or 2 fellow smogoneers, but I want to get a chance to meet anybody I could. I hope i don't have to get on a bus right away like at Providence, I felt weird just running out after having been crowned victor. Splitting huge amounts of fries at 5 guys is always great.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)