Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Can someone tell me why there are random drops in rating after 15 battles? For example, i was at 2050 but then after my 15th battle i dropped to 1850. Is there a reason for this?

Thnx in advance

OK, so there are a couple of very well documented Encore bugs (hidden power, and the interaction with mental herb), which are really annoying.

However, I was playing against a divecats team today, and came across some bugs involving the interaction of Encore and Assist (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14676566):

• If you Encore the second turn of a two-turn move called by Assist, it causes the Encored Pokémon to use that move that turn, even though it doesn't actually know it (in future turns, it gets locked into Assist; I'm not sure if this is correct, but it's at least more sensible);
  • Encore appears able to change turn order on PS!, even though IIRC it can't on cartridge (I Encored Dive that had been called by Assist; my opponent was almost 100% trying to choose Assist that turn – it's the only move on the typical divecats moveset – but they ended up going after a +0 priority Ice Beam for using Dive).

lol, exactly the same thing happened to me. A very intelligent strategy for winning nearly 100% of your matches..
>intelligent

Guys like him make me wanna puke

So instead of using that intelligence to be good at the game, he uses it to abuse a flaw in a simulator instead

sounds retarded to me

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Can someone tell me why there are random drops in rating after 15 battles? For example, i was at 2050 but then after my 15th battle i dropped to 1850. Is there a reason for this?

Thnx in advance
Rating decay occurs every 15 battles or 3 days, whichever comes first. This is intended

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Yes, but you didn't answer my question. why is this mechanic put in the first place. It really discourages laddering when you all of a sudden lose 200+ points for no particular reason. Is it to stop inflation or what, pls tell me WHY we have this and what it does.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Yes, but you didn't answer my question. why is this mechanic put in the first place. It really discourages laddering when you all of a sudden lose 200+ points for no particular reason. Is it to stop inflation or what, pls tell me WHY we have this and what it does.
It is mostly because when someone has a large winning streak (around 15 battles) their ACRE tends to sky rocket to stupidly high levels. There have been many bug reports of people reporting having 3000 ACRE for example. So the 15 battle decay is to fix these kinds of issues.

Outrage glitch

I was using Garchomp against Latios. Took out Latios with the first turn of Outrage. Should have been trapped and only able to use Outrage but I had the option to switch pokemon, still only able to use Outrage though.

Hi, this is a minor bug in doubles. I can see my partner's HP now which is great, but Pokemon Showdown still doesn't allow me to see information about my partner I can see on my other Pokemon. I cannot hover over my partner and see its item or its ability. Here's a replay of an ordinary VGC match where I couldn't see my partner's item or ability (though the replay ui does not show it anyway, I think).

Thanks for your time.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Neither Frustration nor Retaliate work appropriately on the server. Frustration always hits for 1 damage regardless of the Pokemon's happiness level, and Retaliate hits for only 70 Damage if a team member has fainted the previous turn.

Doubles (specifically VGC) bug: when picking your leads and team in a doubles 4-of-6 battle, if you get disconnected and reconnect, the battle automatically starts after you pick your leads, you don't get to pick the rest of your team as well.

EDIT:
I'm not really sure exactly how I was able to make it happen (sorry!), but it's possible for tooltips not to disappear even after leaving a battle. It's only a pretty minor UI bug of course, but perhaps you could include an event to hide any tool tips upon clicking as a catch all to solve this.

This just happened to me; potentially relevant is that the opponent forfeited at approximately the same moment the tooltip came up, also that we were still in team selection (the battle hadn't started).

Pressure not work in some battles atacks like Synthesis dont lost 2 pps, some player work that atack 8 times when i was a dialga with Pressure (randown battles)

Pressure not work in some battles atacks like Synthesis dont lost 2 pps, some player work that atack 8 times when i was a dialga with Pressure (randown battles)
Pressure only works on moves that affect the Pokemon with Pressure, not on moves that affect the user. This is not a bug

I am not able to produce a replay log, because showdown disconnected right after my match. The screenshots below show Chandelure, as opposed to Empoleon who performed the peculiar behavior, because it was the end of the match. Screenshotting an instant replay while Empoleon was actually on the field wouldn't have proved much that the screenshots don't already, and would have just been inconvenient.

http://prntscr.com/112ohc
http://prntscr.com/112p70
http://prntscr.com/112p7y
http://prntscr.com/112nwx

My Empoleon is max hp/def bold. It did not have torrent activated, although that is its ability. No members of my team have nicknames.

Edit: I forgot to mention what was actually peck-uliar. On turn 13 and turn 14, Scald deals really inconsistent damage. The crit on the following turn 15 makes it difficult to compare, but I think damage calc's say it should have been the output on turn 14. At the very end, he said his spread was "sassy" before leaving. Which I guess felt sorta sassy how it didn't really answer the question, but I guess that just means max spdef?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Substitute sometimes gets ignored by attacks that should be stopped by it. At the very least, this happens in double battles. You can observe this here: http://nuggetbridge.psim.us/battle-vgc13-55865 (sorry, I didn't save a replay).
As mentioned before, Substitute bugs sometimes. Pokémon are hit through the Sub'. Please sort it out, it is ruining games...
New rule: don't report bugs that happen on servers other than the official server unless you know they are running the latest version.

This bug was fixed on April 7th, and Nugget Bridge has not been updated since then.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
OK I don't really have a way of knowing that this is a bug for sure, but it certainly went against my intuition and the intuition of every other person I asked:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15258986

After Mr Mime was hit by Magma Storm, it used Substitute, and in doing so avoided both the damaging and trapping effect of Magma Storm. I first observed this effect in a challenge cup battle, with whirlpool and different pokemon, so I highly doubt there's something I'm missing. It's just a question of whether it's like this in game or not.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a choiced pokemon with magic bounce will be locked into a move it bounces upon switching in if it also knows that move:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)