Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ref that, if you can describe the desert ruins a bit more.
I added the description in the OP. But here it is again:

Desert Ruins
In the midst of swirling sands of the desert lie a sight long unseen by travelers. Following a recent sandstorm, researchers were shocked to discover the ruins of massive temple complex. Most of the walls have long since crumbled to dust, but some of the smaller pockets of granite and mortar still remain, acting as caves for local pokemon like diglett, dugtrio, drillbur, and sigilyph. Numerous pillars rise high into the sky, and sandstorms begin and end without warning. In the center of the ruins is an enormous Megalith, with a hollowed out inside measuring 20ft by 20ft.

Okay, unless I'm missing a battle, I have an open spot. Soooooo...

3v3 Singles
5 day (battlers)/1 week (ref) DQ
0 Recovers, 3 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Infinite Space

Just like the name says, this arena provides infinite space for the battlers to roam! Obviously, Earthquake and Magnitude can be used, but Dig cannot, because the floor is hard. Flying-types have no limit as to how high they can fly; however, for every 10m above 450m (roughly the height of the Empire State Building, if that helps), the Pokemon will take 2 additional damage per action due to lack of oxygen. (Even in infinity the air's still normal.)

Yeah, I know. I'm lazy.
accepting

switch = ok
one ability
no items

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Well, there isn't really an arena, as the location constantly changes! Each Round, participants are teleported to one of 10 different arenas by random, through the roll of an RNG. Below is the list & the battle it was used in.

At the end of each round, the referee must state which arena we've been teleported to for the next round. Also, weather only lasts one round as well.

This will give me a nice trip down memory lane...Now, who wants to fight? Preferably an active opponent & an active ref perhaps, but anyone willing to battle on this?
Another Bump...

To give a little more detail:

3v3 singles
18 hour round DQ
1 recover, 3 chills
Abilities: All
Switch: KO
Items: No
Arena: Grassy Plain at night, underground water for moves like surf.

Lyris wants this done with private moves, but I think we're both willing to compromise and do it normally if no ref wants it like that.

Edit: lyris' post is gone, so mine does make sense anymore. To clarify, Lydia and I need a ref for the above battle.

Hello one and all! Today we bring you all a very special battle, for it involves audience participation! That got your attention? Good, I'll explain in more detail.

Beginner's Battle
3 v 3 singles
2 Day DQ, 5 per ref.
Arena: The Minified ASB Tournament Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is twenty feet wide, twenty-five feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet).

Now then, for the audience, it's an entertaining game. In the seats (And if need be, chasing after the battle with everything in pockets) the audience will enjoy throwing things at the battlers.

The items are thrown before the round begins, and each have drect effects. The items are:

- Bomb (5 HP Damage, knocks target back)
- Sugar Coated Sugar (+2 to all stats for the round, goes down to -1 on all at round end)
- Banana Skin (+1 Speed for next action, 3 HP recoil on physical attacks for next action).
- Cream Pie (-1 Accuracy)
- ACME Poison Darts (50% Poison, 2 HP Damage)
- Invisibility Hat (+3 evasion, -2 Speed, Sp.Def & Def)
- Iron Ball (Confusion 30% , Flinch next action 10%)

The audience may come as many times as they like - No need to sign up in the audience. A round may only be reffed if at least 3 items have been thrown, or 72 hours have passed.

This is totally original, and who would like to fight/ref such an original idea for such an original battle?

Hello one and all! Today we bring you all a very special battle, for it involves audience participation! That got your attention? Good, I'll explain in more detail.

Beginner's Battle
3 v 3 singles
2 Day DQ, 5 per ref.
Arena: The Minified ASB Tournament Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is twenty feet wide, twenty-five feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet).

Now then, for the audience, it's an entertaining game. In the seats (And if need be, chasing after the battle with everything in pockets) the audience will enjoy throwing things at the battlers.

The items are thrown before the round begins, and each have drect effects. The items are:

- Bomb (5 HP Damage, knocks target back)
- Sugar Coated Sugar (+2 to all stats for the round, goes down to -1 on all at round end)
- Banana Skin (+1 Speed for next action, 3 HP recoil on physical attacks for next action).
- Cream Pie (-1 Accuracy)
- ACME Poison Darts (50% Poison, 2 HP Damage)
- Invisibility Hat (+3 evasion, -2 Speed, Sp.Def & Def)
- Iron Ball (Confusion 30% , Flinch next action 10%)

The audience may come as many times as they like - No need to sign up in the audience. A round may only be reffed if at least 3 items have been thrown, or 72 hours have passed.

This is totally original, and who would like to fight/ref such an original idea for such an original battle?
It seems like this would be an awesome game to play but my pokes are a few battles to old, I'd love to ref though

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking for two battles. The same rules apply to both of them, but the arena is not.

Beginner Battle
2v2 Doubles
No chills/recovers
2 Day DQ

Arena 1: Sunny Plateau
On this plateau, the ground is hard-packed dirt. Nothing special. There are a few large rocks scattered here or there that Pokemon can attempt to hide behind, though they looked easily breakable. The weather on the plateau is always unbearably Sunny, and it is impossible for it to change to a different a weather, though the Sun can be neutralized with a weather move.

Arena 2: Not Busy Highway
A regular highway to battle on. It's near the crack of dawn, so there aren't many cars milling about. There are various platforms above the highway that you can battle from, and the highway ground itself is battle-able. At the end of each round, two cars will come, dealing 5 (50%), 7 (30%), or 10 (20%) damage each to every Pokemon on the highway ground. Getting from the highway ground to the platform isn't too difficult, though.

Looking for two battles. The same rules apply to both of them, but the arena is not.

Beginner Battle
2v2 Doubles
No chills/recovers
2 Day DQ
Arena 2: Not Busy Highway
A regular highway to battle on. It's near the crack of dawn, so there aren't many cars milling about. There are various platforms above the highway that you can battle from, and the highway ground itself is battle-able. At the end of each round, two cars will come, dealing 5 (50%), 7 (30%), or 10 (20%) damage each to every Pokemon on the highway ground. Getting from the highway ground to the platform isn't too difficult, though.
I'll go,
All abilities
No items.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking for some quick and dirty 1vs1s. I have 2 slots open.

1vs1
24 hour DQ
1 Recovery/3 Chills

Arena:

Indigo Stadium (w/Moat buildout): It's a basic 80 x 100 Arena with a moat. All weathers/attacks etc. Usable.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking for some quick and dirty 1vs1s. I have 2 slots open.

1vs1
24 hour DQ
1 Recovery/3 Chills

Arena:

Indigo Stadium (w/Moat buildout): It's a basic 80 x 100 Arena with a moat. All weathers/attacks etc. Usable.
I like dirty. Same conditions as DW!

1v1 Singles
1 day DQ, understandable if it takes a little longer for the ref
The match will take place in a 100 by 100 feet square arena with a bit of grass like a football field.
Switch=What?
No Items
All abilities.
We still need a ref.

My Challenger is back online, Sorry for deleting the post. The Referee pending is back up. Also:
Master Bane said:
I want this done with private moves, but I think we're both willing to compromise and do it normally if no ref wants it like that.
Rules:
Master Bane said:
3v3 singles
18 hour round DQ
1 recover, 3 chills
Abilities: All
Switch: KO
Items: No
Arena: Grassy Plain at night, underground water for moves like surf.
OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)