5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You would be interested in this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3383858&postcount=684 from the RNG Research thread.
Awesome! Thank you very much ncsbert! :D

Is there a guide that tells me how to use encounter slots?
Well on PPRNG the seed inspector will give you a list of PIDs and list the ESV (Encounter Slot Value) you just match up what number is listed to what number the guides says it'll be. PPRNG is only for Mac though, so if you're on a PC you's have to see if there is something similar on the RNG Reporter for 5th gen.

- Is the Encounter Type for daycare eggs 'Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)'?
- When using non c-gear, is there a way to find out which IVs are inherited from the parents?
- If there is/isn't, would it be better to let the parents hold an everstone, power items or hold nothing at all?
- How do power items and everstone affect the PIDRNG?
- How do I search which seed/frame I hit when do not get the result I want?

Thanks.

About non c-gear stationary legendaries RNG in Gen V.
* I go in game with 4 pokemon in my party in the last room of Victory Road
* Sweet Scent'd Durant and got the IV's through Pokemon-Online
* Got my VFrame, Timer0, GxStat, VCount, and my Seed. Actual seconds was 26.
* IV's are 31/31/31/x/31/31
* My time was 4/4/2011 1:34:51 (50) Because actual seconds was 26. Frame was 6
* Went to Terrakion and sprayed a repel, and saved.
* Set the time of 4/4/2011 1:34 & my keypress combo was A.
* Pressed my White game at 1:34:50 and held A until after the nintendo logo
* Went in game without C-gear and ran 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times.
* Switched to my Jolly Sync (Mew)
* Talked to Terrakion and caught it with a masterball.
* Checked IV's and they were wrong.
* Repeated atleast 4-5 times.
* Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the right MAC address.. or am I just not hitting my frame/second?
Timer0 is variable. So that might be why you're not getting the results you want.

Awesome! Thank you very much ncsbert! :D

Well on PPRNG the seed inspector will give you a list of PIDs and list the ESV (Encounter Slot Value) you just match up what number is listed to what number the guides says it'll be. PPRNG is only for Mac though, so if you're on a PC you's have to see if there is something similar on the RNG Reporter for 5th gen.
Let me see if I'm getting this right. I clicked "Calculate ESV" and it said that sweet scent has an ESV of 1 for that PID. I'm RNGing in Chargestone Cave. Would this mean that I would run into a Joltik (1st pokemon in row) if looking at the table from the link?

EDIT: Forgot slot 0, so it would be Klink :(

Let me see if I'm getting this right. I clicked "Calculate ESV" and it said that sweet scent has an ESV of 1 for that PID. I'm RNGing in Chargestone Cave. Would this mean that I would run into a Joltik (1st pokemon in row) if looking at the table from the link?

EDIT: Forgot slot 0, so it would be Klink :(
If it says ESV for that PID is 1 you will run into a Klink, if it is 0 you will run into a Joltik, just keep looking through the PID ESVs till you find one that matches up with the pokemon you want. Once you're in the game and have hit your IV seed figure out what is your starting PID by catching a pokemon without advancing the PID, then repeat the process but advance the PID by one this time. Keep doing this till you see a pattern in the listed PIDs and can tell from that where you start from. Then say you want a Ferroseed, pinpoint a PID with an ESV of 4 or 5, as either will result in a Ferroseed, that is on a higher PID than you're starting PID so you can advance to it. Advance by either saving or using a Chatot and then sweet scent. :) Hope this helps!

Does sweet scenting a pokemon with 2 pokemon in your party affect ivs and nature at celestial tower? i was trying it a bit ago and i noticed that everytime i hit my seed it was the wrong nature and i was using a syncher. or id get the same seeds over and over at random. am i doing something wrong? its C-Gear RNG capturing a pokemon.

also the spread i wanted was on a frame of 3 so no advances had to be made.
still wondering about this. also i found an hp ice 70 spread on frame 5 now so gonna use it...

So I'm giving Roaming RNG another shot. This time, it's been consistant that I've hit 8/31/31/31/26/31. Not the IVs I'm supposed to hit. Here's my seed: 70B623A3E52A0977 or 70B623A3. Now apparently, when I look at the IVs I got when typing them in PO, it's on frame 8.

But the seed I'm supposed to hit is on frame 10. I know that the starting frame for non C gear is 1, I have 4 Pokemon in my party so I use Max Repel + 6 steps to advance my frame to 9. I also know that Roamers advance the frame by 1, which = 10. Basically all I do is advance 8 frames, while starting frame and roamers add to your frames. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I also heard the the rain changes the PIDRNG? I don't get this at all. Has anyone RNGed the roamers to understand what I'm doing wrong or people who know what I'm doing wrong?

Oh, by the way, after I encounter Thundurus outside of the house. I go to Route 16 to catch it.
Anybody think they can help?

I have a question ,I'm trying to RNGing eggs, I found a seed with a frame 8 with good ivs also It contains in the PIDRNG a shiny in frame 64.
I usually land with this seed in frame 46(PIDRNG) so I advanced the PIDRNG with a chatot a total of 18 times,then I took the egg.
When It hatched it wasn't shiny but I landed in the frame 64 confirmed with the nature,ability and gender but It wasn't shiny.

I'm doing this process like 6 to 7 times and it's always the same got the ivs and landed in the correct frame (PIDRNG) but no shiny.
All my parameters are correct because I already caught Wild shinies and flawless stationary legends with my parameters and using ID/SID.
Someone know what im doing wrong? I hope anyone that already know alot about 5 gen non C-gear or OmegaDonut if it's not much trouble can tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks in advance.

RNGing eggs: How do you ensure a pokemon has 5 31's (not atk) AND the right nature AND an egg move? Will it just take a million tries?

I need to get a Chandelure with Heat Wave and a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse (both with 31/x/31/31/31/31) I have Power Items for Speed and Sp. Atk
3 IVs come from the RNG, then 3 from parents. Using 1 power item on a parent will guarantee a pass of that IV for the related item, 2 will decrease it to what, about 50% for each I think. But if you want to pass a nature, then you'll have to drop a power item for an everstone...

So conceptually, your best bet is to use 2 near flawless parents, slap a power item onto the male and everstone on the female, then start rolling some dice. For Chandelure, remember you also have to fight getting the right ability as well, whereas with Hydregion you don't. Or alternatively, you could use 2 power items on both parents and figure out how many pidrng frame advances you'll need to hit the nature you want. At least I think that's how it works...

about to go after a shiny virizion, any tips on how to get it into a heal ball? Is there any easy way, without AR? Or do I just have to put it to sleep at 1 HP and hope for the best?

no idea what PIDrng is.

Also, WHAT THE HECK!!!!! I've successfully RNG'd several pokemon with near flawless stats. Now I'm trying to get my first competitive pokemon and NOTHING WORKS RIGHT. I'm doing things the exact same way I did before when it was working fine, but the IV's on the pokemon I catch aren't listen even when i do delay -999 to +999 and seconds -9 to +9 and on frame 3 and i don't move!

no idea what PIDrng is.

Also, WHAT THE HECK!!!!! I've successfully RNG'd several pokemon with near flawless stats. Now I'm trying to get my first competitive pokemon and NOTHING WORKS RIGHT. I'm doing things the exact same way I did before when it was working fine, but the IV's on the pokemon I catch aren't listen even when i do delay -999 to +999 and seconds -9 to +9 and on frame 3 and i don't move!
are you using a sweet scenter and a syncer? if so me and you probably have the same problem if your RNGing a wild pokemon

Just a question, sorry if this sounds stupid.
If I have a DSi, will I be forever delayed an attempt to Non-C Gear RNG, because it seems like the easiest method, and I have a DSi, and the youtube video, says that you cant have a DSi/3DS
And does this apply to C-Gear seeds as well, thereby destroying my attempt to 5th Gen RNG once an for all?

If it says ESV for that PID is 1 you will run into a Klink, if it is 0 you will run into a Joltik, just keep looking through the PID ESVs till you find one that matches up with the pokemon you want. Once you're in the game and have hit your IV seed figure out what is your starting PID by catching a pokemon without advancing the PID, then repeat the process but advance the PID by one this time. Keep doing this till you see a pattern in the listed PIDs and can tell from that where you start from. Then say you want a Ferroseed, pinpoint a PID with an ESV of 4 or 5, as either will result in a Ferroseed, that is on a higher PID than you're starting PID so you can advance to it. Advance by either saving or using a Chatot and then sweet scent. :) Hope this helps!
Thanks this is exactly what I needed. I found a PID on IV Frame 10 and PID Frame 68 with an encounter slot value of 5. This PID also works with a syncher which is cool.

Can someone help me learn how to RNG in this game? Contact me through VMs or ask for my email if it's easier. The person who helps me gets the first thing I successfully RNG.

Just a question, sorry if this sounds stupid.
If I have a DSi, will I be forever delayed an attempt to Non-C Gear RNG, because it seems like the easiest method, and I have a DSi, and the youtube video, says that you cant have a DSi/3DS
And does this apply to C-Gear seeds as well, thereby destroying my attempt to 5th Gen RNG once an for all?
You can use c-gear abuse for DSi and whatever else. You will have to wait for non c-gear abuse.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm trying to non C-Gear abuse the Tornadus on my game. The seed I need to hit will give me these IV's; 31/26/30/31/31/31, which have a starting frame of 1, same as Tornadus. So, I'm saved in front of the exit of that house, hit my seed and then I got out of the house and find it, but I keep getting these IV's; 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 3 - 4 / 30 - 31 / 31

What am I doing wrong? And what do you guys need to know more to solve this problem?

Is there any way to see ESVs other than right-clicking on the frames one at a time?
Do you have PID RNG? If not, you can download it here. Other than that, I'm not sure how. Just enter the upper and lower seeds and click "Find PIDs". Make sure your ID/SID is entered.

I FINALLY hit my seed and got the right IVs. The problem was that I was using the wrong timer 0 value. How do I look up the natures for my seed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)