5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey!

A while back I was using 9.8, or something similar, and can download 9.3 easily, but when I go to update to 9.4 it fails to respond and the program stops working. My problem is completely external from the program's functions itself, and I was wondering why.

I was also reading over some of OD's development notes and I love the idea of being able to save seeds to a chache, and was also wondering if the idea of being able to save parameters had ever been talked about? Where I would then be able to change between my parameters for my Black and my parameters for my White with ease. I don't know, just an idea I've had.

Thanks!

Hey, got a problem catching a pokemon with a standard seed.
I've been able to hit standard seed spreads for a while, and got competent and getting good IV's by sweet scenting for frame 1 pokemon. I've recently started RNG'ing again and am having a problem catching a ditto in giant chasm.
I've managed to make it so the fog is clear upon booting up the game, but upon hitting any particular spread, i will only get encounter one specific species for any target time.
Previously when i've used standard seed abuse, different wild pokemon could be encountered for any particular target time, and after poking around and trial and error i've concluded (Unless i'm wrong) you can't can't affect the encounter slot with RNG abuse.
So, to the question: Is this just a strange feature of giant chasm? and is there a faster way to find a target time that will yield me with a ditto? as after trawling through 3 years of possible spreads, i've yet to find one that yields me with a ditto.

Ok...I don't suppose anyone can walk me through on how to RNG this event Mewtwo? I've gathered you need to use the Wondercard option (why oh why can't it just be a gift Pokemon), but I've never used Wondercard at all before. So does it work basically like standard abuse where you just punch in the IVs you want to hit and get a date/time to go into the game to receive on, or what exactly...? The first page guide didn't really offer much on it.

Although they're similar programs for different operating systems, Is PPRNG pretty much inferior to RNG Reporter (less updates, less features, etc.)?

Ok...I don't suppose anyone can walk me through on how to RNG this event Mewtwo? I've gathered you need to use the Wondercard option (why oh why can't it just be a gift Pokemon), but I've never used Wondercard at all before. So does it work basically like standard abuse where you just punch in the IVs you want to hit and get a date/time to go into the game to receive on, or what exactly...? The first page guide didn't really offer much on it.
Use wondercard method to find a seed, hit it and talk to the guy from the Pokemon League Pokemon Center. If I recall correct the wondercard method gives you seeds where your desired spread is the same as the initial PID frame - at least that's what I gathered from the seed I used. Also IVs are derived from the PID frame for wondercards and the IVRNG isn't used.

Use wondercard method to find a seed, hit it and talk to the guy from the Pokemon League Pokemon Center. If I recall correct the wondercard method gives you seeds where your desired spread is the same as the initial PID frame - at least that's what I gathered from the seed I used. Also IVs are derived from the PID frame for wondercards and the IVRNG isn't used.
Mkay, do I want to change the maximum frame offset at all, or should I just leave it at 8 (the default)?

Back in page 506, OmegaDonut posted a small guide on RNGing the nature of Entralink Pokemon by finding your Standard Seed. I'm going for this male Tangela with Leech Seed (to catch it in a Great Ball), and while I'm not getting the right nature, I must be doing the process correctly since I keep getting a consistent nature on my trials (Modest, but I'm aiming for Relaxed).

The one part from the guide that I do not understand is figuring out the Starting Frame. It says that it should be the Initial PIDRNG Frame + 6 Chatot calls. Does this mean that one should perform the 6 calls when one starts the game (with C-Gear off of course) to check the Seed before actually turning on the C-Gear?

My Seed (C1968C8512033CB) has an Initial Frame of 52. If I do 6 Chatot calls right away, should I be scanning frames 52-58 for the call pitches, or should I be checking the pitches starting with frame 58? I'd really appreciate an answer to this!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, got a problem catching a pokemon with a standard seed.
I've been able to hit standard seed spreads for a while, and got competent and getting good IV's by sweet scenting for frame 1 pokemon. I've recently started RNG'ing again and am having a problem catching a ditto in giant chasm.
I've managed to make it so the fog is clear upon booting up the game, but upon hitting any particular spread, i will only get encounter one specific species for any target time.
Previously when i've used standard seed abuse, different wild pokemon could be encountered for any particular target time, and after poking around and trial and error i've concluded (Unless i'm wrong) you can't can't affect the encounter slot with RNG abuse.
So, to the question: Is this just a strange feature of giant chasm? and is there a faster way to find a target time that will yield me with a ditto? as after trawling through 3 years of possible spreads, i've yet to find one that yields me with a ditto.
I've RNG'd Ditto, Metang, and Clefairy in the Giant Chasm. PIDRNG abuse is definitely possible there, so you must be doing something wrong. Maybe your Chatter got wiped and you forgot to check?

My Seed (C1968C8512033CB) has an Initial Frame of 52. If I do 6 Chatot calls right away, should I be scanning frames 52-58 for the call pitches, or should I be checking the pitches starting with frame 58? I'd really appreciate an answer to this!
Yeah, you can do that (if you want to)! I'm not very good at identifying pitch so I'm not going to try that but, if you want to you would just save in a place with no WNPCs and where you can warp to the entralink (Route 9 works) and once you get into the game, don't turn on the C-Gear. Do 6 chatot calls to identify the pitch (or however many you want... it doesn't have to be 6 :P). So you start checking the pitches starting with frame 52. :]

Yeah, you can do that (if you want to)! I'm not very good at identifying pitch so I'm not going to try that but, if you want to you would just save in a place with no WNPCs and where you can warp to the entralink (Route 9 works) and once you get into the game, don't turn on the C-Gear. Do 6 chatot calls to identify the pitch (or however many you want... it doesn't have to be 6 :P). So you start checking the pitches starting with frame 52. :]
I see, so when you turn on the C-Gear it starts counting up from the current PIDRNG Frame. Thanks! I'll also try Route 9 from now on.

Something I notice is that I keep getting the wrong nature, but it always seems to be one that occurs 15-20 seconds after my target. I wonder if pressing Yes that many seconds earlier than my target will help...

I see, so when you turn on the C-Gear it starts counting up from the current PIDRNG Frame. Thanks! I'll also try Route 9 from now on.

Something I notice is that I keep getting the wrong nature, but it always seems to be one that occurs 15-20 seconds after my target. I wonder if pressing Yes that many seconds earlier than my target will help...
If you're pressing "Yes" at the same second every time and you're getting a nature on those frames, then yeah, if you press yes earlier you'll hit higher frames. Alternatively, you could just press yes at the same time you usually do, go into the forest and walk up to the Pokemon and stop it from moving, then wait however many seconds your target is away from the frame you're hitting constantly and battle it.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Research post with a full guide and explanation will be up later today, but for now --

You need to take the time and delay of your C-Gear seed and work backwards to find your Standard Seed.

1) Before you attempt this, move all Entralink Pokemon except your target into the Deep Clearing. This minimizes the effect of randomly moving Pokemon on your timing.

2) Let's say I have a C-Gear seed with a date of 2\14\2012, a time of 3:59:57 and a delay of 5623. Each delay is 1\60 of a second, so we need to divide it by 60 to get the total number of seconds. 5623 / 60 = 93.7 seconds.

3) Subtract 93.7 seconds from my C-Gear seed time to get the time of the standard seed, because that's when delay starts counting. 3:59:57 - 93.7 seconds = 3:58:23

4) Plug the date, time, and your DS parameters into the Adjacent Seed tool (under the 5th Gen Tools menu), and click Generate. You'll be given a list of standard seeds. Seeds in white have your target seconds; seeds in grey are adjacent seconds and\or Timer0s. The tool will also give you Chatot pitches for each seed so you can verify your seed.

5) Plug the seed in the main window, with Gen 5 PIDRNG and Entralink Pokémon selected. Calculate the initial PIDRNG frame. Look for a frame that has the nature you want, but also gives you enough time to get into the Entralink. (50 seconds minimum is ideal.) It also should not be on a "skip" frame.

6) When doing your Chatters to verify your seed, you must do them in a multiples of 3, otherwise the timing and skipped frames will change.

7) When you turn on the C-Gear, that is when you must start keeping track of time. Enter the Entralink when necessary.

8) Move to the forest as quickly as possible and then talk to the Pokemon to stop it from moving. Wait until the timer says you have reached your target frame, then select "Yes" to encounter your Pokemon. If you were successful, your Pokemon should have your desired nature. If not, the moving Pokemon's advancements may have messed up your frame.
I think this guide should be helpful...
How about making this Sticky? ;)

Man my Timer0 was acting really weird when trying to hit my Wondercard seed...had to enter the game about another second earlier in addition to my calibrated having to enter 1 second before as well, so ended up going in about 1.5-2 seconds earlier. Didn't help the seed I chose also needed 5 PIDRNG frame advances since it didn't start on the given one (I wanted one in Feb. of 2012 just for posterity's sake) and that I was originally trying to do it in a Poke Center with moving NPCs >.>

But I can't complain in the end, 31/22/31/31/31/31 Timid Mewtwo is now mine to use :D

i successfully rnged my wild hold item today (comet shard holding solrok) .then i did it again for another comet shard.when the solrock showed up and when i switched to my thief pokemon guess what, the solrock used explotion.there goes my 2nd comet shard. :(

EDIT: argh cave spot rnging is a pain.im rnging for items in cave spots.first i saved in the cave(no npcs) hit my seed catch a pokemon verify my seed,then ride in a fixed path.then a cave spot appeared.stepped in checked the frame.,rehit the seed ,verify the seed again by catching it walk on that same path but no spot is appearing.any idea?

and about fishing what encounter type do you use when fishing in bubble spot, wild pokemon fishing or wild pokemon bubble spot?

I've RNG'd Ditto, Metang, and Clefairy in the Giant Chasm. PIDRNG abuse is definitely possible there, so you must be doing something wrong. Maybe your Chatter got wiped and you forgot to check?
I'm not going for shiny, and i'm always using frame 1. I don't doubt it's possible as i've managed to encounter perfect *everything elese in giant chasm* It's just that i can't search with encounter slots (standard abuse has never actually used them before) and it's therefore taking many years of seeds to find one which'll yield me a ditto...

I'm not going for shiny, and i'm always using frame 1. I don't doubt it's possible as i've managed to encounter perfect *everything elese in giant chasm* It's just that i can't search with encounter slots (standard abuse has never actually used them before) and it's therefore taking many years of seeds to find one which'll yield me a ditto...
It is now fine, the seed i didn't try before going to bed last night was the one that provided me with ditto's!

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
About that Entralink nature RNG guide...
What does that time mean?
When does it start? The moment C-Gear is turned on?
Or is it the moment the standard seed time is hit?
Or the moment the DS time is changed?
And is it ok if I turn on the C-Gear when turning on the DS?

For example, if the time I soft-reset is 9:07:18.65...
The time to press the A button to encounter the poke will start at 9:07:18.65?
Or at 9:07:00?
Or when I turn on the C-Gear? (if I decide not to turn it on upon turning the DS on)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)