Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also with no invites and championship points not matter this year, 1st to 4th are all that really matter. It does allow more people the chance to play more matches though which is great!

You could afford one loss and still make Top 4, I hope. Depends on how many people show up. What Cybertron said, mistake or not, we'll have to wait and see.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Top 4? Why go if you're not going to win? Winning is everything. This past year I went to VGCs for the people and I got nowhere.

Do you have to register your pokemon for the Battle Competition option in the game? Or can you just place them in the Battle Box and leave it alone?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Top 4? Why go if you're not going to win? Winning is everything. This past year I went to VGCs for the people and I got nowhere.
Oh come on, you know you went there to see me.
Do you have to register your pokemon for the Battle Competition option in the game? Or can you just place them in the Battle Box and leave it alone?
Just put them in the Battle Box, you'll register for the competition when you get to the front of the line.

Oh come on, you know you went there to see me.

Just put them in the Battle Box, you'll register for the competition when you get to the front of the line.
They have infrared signal boxes that put the game into a mode whereby registering for a live battle competition is possible; you give them your DS and they put it near the box, check team legality, etc. You can't do it by yourself; you just put the Pokémon in the battle box, and they take it from there.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This may be old news (I haven't seen it posted here though), but looks like no Top Cut for us :/

VG Autumn Regional Page said:
Events will be run using the Modified Format and Swiss pairings. See the Tournament Rules for additional information about the Modified and Swiss formats. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on the total attendance of the event. Prizes will be awarded after the final Swiss round.
Source: http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/vg-autumn-regional-championships/

To win go undefeated and hope to God you don't lose on tiebreakers!

edit: rofl I'm a nob aaron already posted about it

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I heard a lot of talk in another thread about Moody Smeargle, but it hasn't been released (at least not in America), has it?
Female Moody Smeargle has been released, so it can be bred. They're not hard to find -- plenty of people in Wi-Fi have them.

I have only been to 2 vgc regionals (2010 2011) and i lost in the 2nd round in 2010 and 3rd round in 2011. I was in the junior division but now in the senior division. I plan on at least making it to nats. Whats the best team to use at 2012 vgc tournaments and what moves?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have only been to 2 vgc regionals (2010 2011) and i lost in the 2nd round in 2010 and 3rd round in 2011. I was in the junior division but now in the senior division. I plan on at least making it to nats. Whats the best team to use at 2012 vgc tournaments and what moves?
Even if we had a definite answer (which we don't), we're not here to build your team for you. All you can do is practice with different team ideas on Pokemon Online (or GBU), gain experience and work on your teambuilding skills.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
There is no "best" team, as each type of team has different strengths and weaknesses against other teams. Ultimately, it will come down more to what you do during the battles (and, unfortunately, a bit of luck) than which Pokémon are on your team. You can get some ideas on what to do by looking at the posts here, and then test your team on Pokémon Online to make sure it's actually good.

Female Moody Smeargle has been released, so it can be bred. They're not hard to find -- plenty of people in Wi-Fi have them.
Oh, I see now that it was released in the Japanese-exclusive Pokémon Café Forest . Do we know for a fact that Japanese-only releases will be legal in American tournaments? Knowing P!P, I wouldn't think they'd allow them, but I don't see any such restriction in the rules.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Region as in Orre/Hoenn/Johto/Kanto/Sinnoh, and
Language as in Japanese/Korean/English/etc

Everything is game.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Basically, if you can get it without hacking and it isn't explicitly prohibited, it's good. There's nothing that suggests otherwise.

They say if you participate in a Regional, they give you 5 Play! Points, but what if you participate in another Regional as well?(For example, one in Oregon, and another Regional somewhere in April). Does that mean you get 10 Play! Points in total?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)