NU Index and Reservation Thread MK III

Gen V NU Analysis Index
Maintained by DTC and Zebraiken. First index and second index, for reference.

READ BEFORE POSTING: How to C&C / Spelling and Grammar Standards / Analysis Formatting Guide

Hi! Now that we're mostly through writing analyses for all NU Pokemon, the next step is to improve the quality of the analyses that we have bringing the sets and content up to date to BW2. Some analyses will need major overhauls, with old sets removed, new sets added, and everything rewritten from scratch. Others may not need an update at all (especially on the Low Priority list). Be aware that if it looks like your update is unnecessary, or worse, if it looks like it would be lower quality than what's already on site, then your thread will be locked. We're not going to completely rewrite every analysis just for the hell of it, so only reserve a Pokemon if you're confident that it needs an update and that your update will be more accurate and useful than the original analysis. If you think a Pokemon only needs a minor change rather than a full update, try posting in NU Analyses Discussion or Small Subjective Changes.

Because there are so many Pokemon in NU, it's really important for us to focus on the most prominent Pokemon in the metagame right now, so please try to reserve only from the High Priority list for the time being. If you think that a Pokemon is in dire need of an update due to changes from BW2, you're free to make your case in this thread, and we'll take a look at it. We might have missed a few Pokemon, so don't be afraid to point them out please!

[Reserved...]
[In Progress]
[Completed.]

All reservations have been cleared. Those of you who still have analyses that are in the process of being written, please get the show on the road. Everyone who has only been approved by QC must be approved by QC once more before being written.

[Reserved...] Amoonguss - nyttyn
[In Progress] Altaria - Amarillo
[Reserved...] Arbok - Yonko7
[In Progress] Articuno - erisia
[In Progress] Beartic - Swamp-Rocket
[In Progress] Beheeyem - Flashrider57
[In Progress] Braviary - Django
[In Progress] Carracosta - Django
[In Progress] Charizard - CherubAgent
[In Progress] Combusken - Raseri
[In Progress] Ditto - Amarillo
[In Progress] Dodrio - ballabrown24
[Completed.] Duosion - Keiran
[Reserved...] Dragonair - Paradoxus
[Completed.] Eelektross - complete legitimacy [copyediting]
[Completed.] Electrode - Raseri
[Completed.] Emboar - Django Reinhart
[Reserved...] Fraxure - Zebraiken
[Completed.] Frillish - Django
[Reserved...] Gabite - Raseri
[In Progress] Garbodor - Flashrider57
[Completed.] Gardevoir - EBeast
[In Progress] Granbull - Yonko7
[In Progress] Gigalith - col49
[In Progress] Golurk - col49
[In Progress] Granbull - Yonko7
[In Progress] Gurdurr - SuperJOCKE
[In Progress] Haunter - VintageBooks
[Completed.] Klang - Molk
[Reserved...] Liepard - TrollFreak
[In Progress] Linoone - Barbeller
[In Progress] Ludicolo - TrollFreak
[In Progress] Magmar - erisia
[Reserved...] Mawile - Annoyer
[In Progress] Muk - Yonko7
[Completed.] Musharna - DTC
[Completed.] Ninjask - Endorfins
[In Progress] Piloswine - Raseri
[Reserved...] Pinsir - Endorfins
[In Progress] Rapidash - erisia
[Completed.] Sawk - Raseri
[In Progress] Sawsbuck - col49
[In Progress] Seismitoad - Yonko7
[In Progress] Skuntank - erisia
[Reserved...] Spinda - diinbong
[Reserved...] Solrock - Endorfins
[In Progress] Swellow - Raseri
[In Progress] Swoobat - The3DOstrich
[Reserved...] Torterra - Zebraiken
[Reserved...] Zangoose - SuperJOCKE
[In Progress] Zebstrika - Keiran

The following is a list of joke Pokemon, those who are outperformed in every single way by another Pokemon or are utterly useless for some reason or another. These may not be reserved in the usual manner, as they are not your standard analyses; they are meant to be humorous. In order to reserve a joke Pokemon, you must PM Zebraiken with an example of the writing (a short paragraph or two will suffice) and if you are cleared then you're free to write. Don't post in this thread reserving them unless you've done so; unless you like being infracted and having your posts deleted. Also, standard reservation rules apply: if you already have two or three analyses, you may not reserve a joke analysis.

[Completed.] Castform - Fatecrashers
[Completed.] Delibird - Fatecrashers
[Unreserved] Dustox
[Unreserved] Farfetch'd
[Unreserved] Furret
[Reserved...] Kricketune - erisia
[Unreserved] Ledian
[Unreserved] Luvdisc
[Unreserved] Minun
[Completed.] Pachirisu - Mafeking
[Unreserved] Plusle
[Unreserved] Unown
[Unreserved] Watchog

The following list contains NFE Pokemon that currently do not have an analysis. They are NOT open for reservation at this time. If you can provide substantial evidence (non-cherrypicked logs, a description of the set, etc.) that an NFE Pokemon on this list can perform well in the NU metagame, post your findings in this thread and its viability will be discussed. As a general rule of thumb, NFE Pokemon who have evolutions in NU will not be considered for an analysis.

Baltoy
Bayleef
Boldore
Bronzor
Budew
Carvanha
Cascoon
Charmeleon
Clefairy
Croconaw
Dewott
Dwebble
Eelektrik
Flaaffy
Gloom
Gothorita
Graveler
Grotle
Grovyle
Herdier
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
Kakuna
Karrablast
Kirlia
Klang
Krokorok
Lombre
Loudred
Luxio
Magmar
Mantyke
Marill
Marshtomp
Metapod
Nidorina
Nidorino
Nuzleaf
Onix
Palpitoad
Pidgeotto
Pignite
Pineco
Poliwhirl
Prinplup
Pupitar
Quilava
Sandshrew
Sealeo
Servine
Shellos
Shelmet
Silcoon
Skiploom
Solosis
Staravia
Staryu
Swadloon
Tranquill
Vanillish
Vibrava
Weepinbell
Yanma

The list below contains every additional set that have been posted for a Pokemon. Before posting a separate set for an analysis already on site, check this thread to see if it has not been posted and rejected before. There is no approval required for posting a new set; simply check to make sure nothing like it has been posted before, then post them and tag them with (Quality Control).

[In Progress] Choice Tauros - DTC
[In Progress] Rain Dance Mantine - DTC
[Completed.] Offensive Vileplume - Raseri
[Completed.] SubSplit Lampent - DTC

NOTE: You may only reserve up to 2 Pokemon at any time. Only until at least one of those analyses have reached the COMPLETED stage or are near completion (i.e. written and awaiting GP) may you reserve further analyses. However, if you are a badgeholder, you may reserve up to 3 Pokemon at any time.

Attention: Please don't edit your posts in this thread at all. It'll help keep track of who has what and when. Double or even triple post if you have to.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
NOTE: I will be implementing a deadline for the currently unfinished analyses sometime in the near future. Please get them done ASAP.

...well then, ninja'd even after I just posted this thread

Amoonguss, Ursaring, Sawk, and Serperior are all currently held by Steamroll. Mostly because I can't remember whether or not he said he wanted to finish them, if you are interested in reserving one of these Pokemon, please give me at least a day so I can confirm whether or not he is keeping them. Thanks.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Pinsir and Cinccino
as for my Ninjask, which has already passed qc and currently being written, will that have to go through qc again? (its not like Ninjask has changed that much...)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Reserving Pinsir and Cinccino
as for my Ninjask, which has already passed qc and currently being written, will that have to go through qc again? (its not like Ninjask has changed that much...)
Nope. I must have missed it.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Needless to say, i've already analysed the fuck out of Articuno. Just give everything a thumbs up and i'll start writing.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd also like to reserve Rapidash, on the basis that it's on the T-shirt I'm wearing. Also, it got Drill Run, and Magmortar and Quagsire are gone, so its role within the metagame has probably changed a little bit. I've also tested it extensively in the past so I should be able to provide a fairly thorough analysis on it.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I'll reserve an additional Ditto
that'll be my third analysis that i can take atm

that'll be a fun QC

erisia

Innovative new design!
Because I just love spamming the thread, I'd also like to take over Skuntank if NoBlue doesn't return to update it soon. I've used it on almost every team I've ever battled with so I can really give this thing all I've got. This makes my third reserved analysis.

jake

underdog of the year
OP has been updated. As a side note, it'd be nice if everyone who has a Pokemon reserved and puts up a skeleton would post in this thread so it's easier for me to update it with actual links to threads and whatnot.

Lastly, Amoonguss, Sawk, Ursaring, and Serperior are free to be reserved.

I think Eel should've been done after the RG perhaps. Considering within the group that it was almost universally agreed that Eel is best as a U-Turner and none of those sets on the Copyediting have it.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I think Eel should've been done after the RG perhaps. Considering within the group that it was almost universally agreed that Eel is best as a U-Turner and none of those sets on the Copyediting have it.
The QC team as a whole will be looking at each individual analyses and seeing if they need an update. Don't worry, we got this down.

But on a similar note, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but Eelektross was missing on the list you gave out, Zeb.

stealth edit but skuntank is missing too. and if that means we don't have an analysis up...

shit that's bad

jake

underdog of the year
But on a similar note, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but Eelektross was missing on the list you gave out, Zeb.
I was lazy and c/ped the list from the SCMS, which means that any NU Pokemon that currently did not have an analysis wasn't on the list (including Eelektross). It pretty obviously still needs an analysis up, although QC can go over Eel on IRC sometime and talk about what we need to change about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)