Data Referee Training Grounds (READ: New Guidelines 10/28/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would moving to a teammate in a multi-battle (on one action) and using Protect on that teammate (on the next action) increase Protect's priority from +0 to +1?

Would moving to a teammate in a multi-battle (on one action) and using Protect on that teammate (on the next action) increase Protect's priority from +0 to +1?
Protect has something like +4 priority anyway. I don't think it needs an increase.

And a question of my own: For single-hit moves, crits increase the base power by 3. For multi-hit moves like Fury Swipes, crits increase the base power by 1 per crit. For 2-hit moves like Double Kick, I'm pretty sure that crits increase the base power by 2 per crit, but can I get a confirmation of this? Either way, this info needs to be put in the OP of this thread.

EDIT: Found the answer here and 2-hit moves like Double Kick do get +2 per crit. So ... any chance this info can be put in the OP?

Protect has something like +4 priority anyway. I don't think it needs an increase.

And a question of my own: For single-hit moves, crits increase the base power by 3. For multi-hit moves like Fury Swipes, crits increase the base power by 1 per crit. For 2-hit moves like Double Kick, I'm pretty sure that crits increase the base power by 2 per crit, but can I get a confirmation of this? Either way, this info needs to be put in the OP of this thread.
Protect has +0 priority if you use it on one of your allies in a multi-battle (see its attack description). Hence my question.

Depends. I'm pretty sure if the move was stopped by confusion or full paralysis or flinch, it costs nothing because the mon doesn't even try to execute it, whereas if it's stopped by Taunt or Torment or something like that, it costs the full amount of energy required to execute it (4 per clone).

I am kind of confused about the Klinklang line and their simultaneous Plus and Minus. Does it 1 bonus? Does it get the bonus twice, or no times? Also, does Plus/Minus add to Base Attack Power or damage, because it says "base damage", which confuses me.

I am having trouble with some attacks with specific Pokemon, you see, a Shroomish is trying to use some Punching moves, even though it doesn't have Fists/Hands! Will it still work? Also, can increased senses be used to dodge attacks?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Data Audit Thread: Special Attack-Related Rules

For double battles and higher, attacks that hit multiple targets are reduced to 75% of their original power.

Is it allowed for a Pokemon that is fast to wait for a slow Pokemon to come up from underground? I feel like it would make sense that it could but I thought I saw somewhere that a fast Pokemon can't make itself slower.

EDIT: Thank you, Objection!

Indeed, a pokemon must always move when it is its turn. Since the fast pokemon would move before the slower one, the faster one must move before the slower one comes up.

I have a question about stat boosters, particularly the +/-1 non damaging ones. The summary says this about them : "+1 Stat Boosters/Drops received from non-damaging moves (Meditate, Leer) have that stat maintained at the end of each round independent of which action they are used on."

I have seen a number of people use this to refer to such moves as having a permanent effect, but I read it as them simply never deteriorating at the end of the round they are used on, official word either way would be useful Just because a low energy move such as Leer seems silly if it is permanent.

Yeah, I'm like 99.99% certain that it just means the stat boost/drop doesn't decay at the end of the round Meditate/Leer/whatever is used on. It will decay as normal at the end of the next round unless Meditate/Leer/whatever is used on that round too.

Some ability-based stat changes, however, are permanent. Example: Intimidate.

I have a question about stat boosters, particularly the +/-1 non damaging ones. The summary says this about them : "+1 Stat Boosters/Drops received from non-damaging moves (Meditate, Leer) have that stat maintained at the end of each round independent of which action they are used on."

I have seen a number of people use this to refer to such moves as having a permanent effect, but I read it as them simply never deteriorating at the end of the round they are used on, official word either way would be useful Just because a low energy move such as Leer seems silly if it is permanent.
I'm pretty sure they are permanent, but can only be used once, the effect should be clarified but it's already in use for moves like Flash/Kinesis that reduce accuracy permanently but can only be used once

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The effect isn't permanent. The relevant stat they boost simply doesn't deteriorate that round.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bide hits what the user wants to target. It'll absorb all the damage and use it to damage a single chosen Pokemon.

edit: I may be mistakened. Someone else told me it hits the user that last hit the Bide user so that may be it.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No. You have to be faster to flinch something. Sky Attack is the only attack that can flinch an opponent at the start of the next Action.

Why have this thread and the referee tutoring program been unstickied? There is no way that the new players are going to get into reffing without these threads stickied, and there are always more players coming in.

I want to become a ref so here it goes. (Dun Dun Dunnnn)

Timezone: GMT +12
General Availability:
Saturdays and Sundays: 7:00am-7:30pm
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 5:00-pm-7:00pm, but will be online on Tuesday and Thursday as well.
Sometimes Available 6:25-7:05 anyday but only sometimes.

Amarillo vs Woodchuck 2v2 singles
Texas Cloverleaf vs iiMKUltra 6v6 singles (sub-reffing for full RC compensation)
Solstice vs Leethoof 6v6 singles (sub-reffing for full RC compensation)

XVIcaliber vs rewindman 2v2 singles
Blazikenmaster-Zeo vs Romeert 2v2 singles
Rising Dusk vs Simon Says 1v1 singles
Doran Dragon vs Lyris1035 4v4 Doubles (Player DQ, 0 RC)
Elevator Music vs Terrador 1v1 singles
Agentzer0 vs Korski 1v1 singles
SimonSays vs. iiMKUltra 3v3 Singles (sub-reffing for 5 RC)
Chris Teke vs Rewindman 2v2 doubles
Lightwolf vs Pikapwnd vs ShinySkarmory 1v1v1 singles
Temperantia vs Arcanite 2v2 Doubles
Objection vs Korski 4v4 singles
Kaxtar vs Galladiator 3v3 singles
Gerard vs Korski 4v4 singles
Tortferngatr vs Toast Tyrant 2v2 doubles
Rickheg vs Arcanite 1v1 Singles
Albinoloon vs Nightrise 3v3 singles (player DQ, 2 RC)
Kaxtar vs Nightrise 1v1 singles (sub-reffed for 2 RC)
Alchemator vs Ragnarokalex 8v8 brawl
Steampowered vs Solstice 1v1 singles
Shinyskarmory vs Dummy007 3v3 singles
Rezzy vs Orcunis Duo 3v3 singles (player DQ, 2 RC)
New RC rule made at this time, all matches after will comply with new RC rules.
Niggly vs Endquote

Total RC earned: 97 RC
Total RC up for grabs in current matches: 32 RC

Battle Subway Ref Aplication form (because I couldn't find a better place to put it)

Hello, I'm Metal Bagon, and I would like to apply to be a battle subway referee!

Positives:
#1: I have barely ever gone past DQ (apart from when I'm on holiday), and when I go away I always arrange a sub-ref first and give the battlers some warning, I don't just go on random hiatus'.
#2: I will sometimes take doubles when I have enough singles expirence in the subway. You heard me right I WILL TAKE DOUBLES.
#3: I think I will be able to take the immense load of also playing as an NPC.
#4: I am trustful and open to constructive critisism.
#5: Not a lot of refs are taking subway battles at the moment, and challengers sometimes have to wait awhile to get accepted. I think that I could fix that.

Battles that I am proud of.
Elevator Music vs Terrador 1v1 singles
Steampowered vs Solstice 1v1 singles
Rickheg vs Arcanite 1v1 Singles
I simply thought that these were good matches, and went smoothly all the way.
SimonSays vs. iiMKUltra 3v3 Singles (sub-reffing for 5 RC)
In this match I like how I just slotted in for Rediamond and just started sub-reffing straight away.
Chris Teke vs Rewindman 2v2 doubles
This is just too prove that I can ref doubles. I didn't go 100% with flavo, however, that was the battle subway doesn't do flavour so it seemed to me to be the best doubles match to apply with.
Like the other 1v1 singles, nothing went wrong in it, so why not be proud.
Amarillo vs Woodchuck 2v2 singles
My only screw up here was telling woodchuck to go first when he was second, he picked up on it though so other then that it was good battle.
Shinyskarmory vs Dummy007 3v3 singles
I have know idea what I was thinking with rewards, I PMed them! But this match was unorthodox and it had my mind all mixed up so I thought I did a good job with it on the reffing count.

Hopefully you will conisder my application!

Metal Bagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)