NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually wanted to lynch this d3 rather than d2 and look into lightwolf/asek today but would have lynched either way
hope you weren't pulling mindgames with your "why was I not recruited" post

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WALL POST 2
REBRICKENING

Warning, the following post was made while unaware of Hawkie's Night 1 death, and up until #556 had no knowledge of Proph's lynch.

Starring:

Asek as Not Asek

#548 Where is asek and what have you done to him? Sure you got the gifs, but instead of nitpicking and trying to support your stance on people this is full of fluff. A pure downgrade from last game. And yes I know I tried to push you for nitpicking last game and now doing it for the reverse, but that is what happens when I dig in that time and when I dig at the same spots here I'm not seeing the same. #556
You can't counter Gas with Gas! Again your points are way too surface level or non-existent, rather than looking for the smallest details. The macro of knights and proph is probably the weakest argument, as the only way those two are scum together is if they decided to pretend to buddy as hard as possible to make people think the opposite.(after this I learned Proph flipped) #594 You have presented every part of your reads the same, and just because you made vomit noises does not mean you did not feel it was important to call out the shit scum claiming. You literally admit to fluffing. #738 Why call out only proph when others(yeti) were the originators of this theory? Why is only proph guilty over it? #754 I'm upgrading my asek imposter read to V2, we sure asek was actually playing last game when we lynched knights?(my knights reasonings are directly based on his last game and my expectations on how he would change them if he was either alignment) #762 I mean I am glad it's not me, but chances are if he is ignoring the thread it's because he isn't playing. This is a pointless lynch. #872
#890 Asek best scumbuddy, except he is still disassociating from pushes on non idlers... #1,212 Astute observation, counter asek? #1,274 What are you defending yourself against here the last minutes of the day?

Conclusion: He may post gifs, but this is not the same asek I was gonna shoot with as vig last game. He had an extremely nitpicky style, yet here his comments seem surface level and isn't digging deep into anyone. Feels like he coasted by near the end of the day too. Any reason for my different reading of you compared to last game? Please locate my big read post from last game, and try to point out if I'm inconsistent with my reads between the two Asek, till then I would lynch this imposter today.

Da Letter El as Within Expectations

#1,111 I know that feel #1,203 My man #1,296 I want this explained, this is hardly justifiable.

Conclusion: Idling cuckbuddy, so there isn't much, look forward to seeing day 2 peformance(not that I expect too much from him in 300 potential posting chances). The way he acted was just what I expected last game, he always gets into gear after day 1. Wouldn't lynch today regardless if he idled day 2(unless his day 2 sucked).

EmpoofAura Guardian

Conclusion: AG better be good. No idea till day 2 is read.

Former Hope as Town Person #9

#86 Why would you ever say that? If you are correct you raised the chances of our only power role being half revealed on the 4th page... The willingness to out a mason rather than brush the whole town read off as rvs tomfoolery comes off as overly defensive in a fairly low pressure situation too. #443 So this is how it feels to be not me in the wallpost scenario, neat. My lawyers are already working getting you sued for the unlawful usage of my wallpost patent. Not much to comment on content wise. It's in the same boat as the people that posted but haven't commented on yet, just in a single post. #990 Uh I don't think anyone addressed this question at you? Why are you answering texas' question for him? #997 comparing moody to an idler is disingenuous. Me, empoof and dle vanished, moody was obviously following the thread but not engaging it, giving him the same pass as an idler should only happen if he subbed.

Conclusion: Very little I feel was said by him. It feels like after the early townread and the big catchup post people just town read him and he coasted off that the entire day. 990 feels like "I'm gonna answer this question because no one is engaging me". Can't tell if genuine abandonment issues or scum keeping up activity. Wouldn't lynch today, but wanna see more of.

Hawkie as Pushy Victim

#132 NAI but with the obvious intention of improving general view of his slot. I just don't like manipulative language(I will abuse the crap out of it though), simply because people who use them are good at hiding their intention, without having to scream. #137 We headed for a Knights lynch 2 people! #154 Uh no, that's a pointless generalisation, and very asekesque nitpicking from last game. I personally never care much about people's suspicions on me on a I feel threatened level, simply because I am town therefore they are scum or wrong town. If it's anything it's similar enjoyment to proph's, someone willingly engages me rather than having to over and over point at my wallpost questions. If anything is eyebrow raising it's proph's need to exclaim his lack of threatenedness. #183 More nitpicking again just like last game with asek(though I was wrong there shrug). Feels like you decided they are scum, therefore everything has scum motivation, when you are doing nothing but piling wifom on top of wifomdespite the more likely answer generally is that those points are NAI. This is only ever worth looking at if he flips, not as a reason to flip him. #208Crackpot theories about the same two posts. Wtf. Here is mine, proph thinks scum is all idling, posts about it. Thinks he will look clever in retrospect if he is right so he doubles down. Nah you are right this is too unlikely. #232 A town being voted can't think their voter is town and feel the situation will resolve itself... you are dead set on proph being scum, and the fact Im getting Josh flashbacks does not fill me with confidence. #302 Barely anyone is active, votes someone someone else is voting. The best we can say here is he is buddying Texas, which does put Texas' attempts at distancing by just jumping on the wagon while thinking proph isn't scum. The fact you are so obsessed putting proph on a scum pedestal you miss actual shit just harkens back to the josh push yet again. #364 Lack of cuervo in his system. #399 Extended scum list: Proph, idler, donno. This is a lazy copout, and does not answer any attempts at getting gamesolving out of you, especially if you are right about proph, because then you likely get shot dead. Saying koc is scum if proph is town is also obv not helpful in that scenario. #430 If you repeat a point enough without explaining it(FH is easy to push->yesish, but a wagon quickstarts the game=the devil) I'm sure it'll work. Also I hope you explain why you singled me out of all peeps. #438 Why do I think you haven't read anything but proph posts or posts mentioning him. Jokes aside, bluntly refusing rather than giving some thought to a scenario that actually gives some insight into your thought process beyond 1. Did Proph do it? 2. If yes it's scummy. This would have been entirely to your benefit. #603 Again this generalisation is unhelpful, and clearly not a reasonable expectation that you are clearly not holding anyone but proph to. #802 Didn't Yeti also reason against dle, why leave him out? #812 Gimme a damn reason. I don't think you ever explained the first one either. #873 This is literally pointless, you've run out of straws to grasp. #888 Stop being reasonable only to further push proph. #1,022 Is this backpedaling, smells like backpedaling when no meaningful attempts have been made to read others. #1,104 Everyone get on my bike, because we are about to backpedal some distance. #1,325 wow rip hawkie, look forward to finding out why day 2 was only 300 posts that led to an MSlynch.

Conclusion: Well that was a Waste of Time. I reckon he got killed because people didn't want to give him a chance to widen his view beyond the initial misslynch. This is why you don't hardcore tunnel kids. RIP man.

KnightsofCydonia as 9 Out Of 10 Doctors Would Mislynch

#47 After last game I am holding you to that. #241 Horrid reasoning, this post says so little yet is a direct attack at the credibility of Hawkie without attempting to refute him on his points, which there is plenty of that have problems. In mafia you can't expect everyone to be familiar with everyone else, and fooling those who know you I find easier because I know what they are looking for. Implying Hawkie not knowing Proph makes his arguments weaker is backhanded, and I see no reason a villager would do it in such a sneaky matter. #407 This smells like last game KoC, exactly like it. And I don't like that. The whole page is KoC fluff posting for the sake of posting. Considering his previous posts felt far more like trying harder after last time, occasionally regressing when his defeatism kicked in until he got it back together. This however feels like he was just on a time crunch and rushed out activity feeling safe. If this keeps up I feel KoC may have started coasting using the first game as proof he town after bagging some early reads. If this keeps up I'm looking at A KoC.0 lynch. #435 LW LWs, he never scums. #684 I better see the follow up because not much changed from last post. #696 "Look at this post, it exists, I'm not gonna comment on it beyond that." You were Prophs greatest hypeman all game, and when you think he finally lived up to it, you dont even acknowledge what he posted only that he did. #752 Nice of you to take notes, how about commenting on them. #756 The readwall was what you were looking for, except you didn't bother to read that part addressing you? And your biggest post in a gold while is you explaining why people shouldn't town read you. #817 Another set of fluff, also yes expect and no don't lynch. Also wishy washy fluff. #821 I hate subbing, I'd rather suffer than sub and make someone else go through the same catchup from the very start with no knowledge of the previous game either. Also I enjoyed the last try and want to play through this one even if I die trying. Also fluff #865 lets not talk about who we are not getting anything from.

Conclusion: I felt like Knights went into the game trying to improve performance from last game, but as people seemingly started townreading him, he settled back into his fluffiness from round 1. This I'd have read positively, if I hadn't found that at the few times he was suspected during his improved phase, he relapsed to his old style for a short period till it was gone. This to me opens up the chance he could be deliberatly fluffing as self defense to difuse situations using the freshness of last game in everyone's minds. His later interactions with Proph were also meh, especially when proph made his big post KoC was oh so hoping for. In the end I'd be down for another KoC lynch, but I'd need some convincing or a very shite day 2.

Metal Sonic as Josh's Friend

#969 I have like nothing on you, you never explained why I am better than empoof, and are just pushing an idler. #994 That's not how math works. I noticed you pulled the same thing last game too. It's not a coinflip, that any group of 3 contains at least one scum is around 58%, but hitting the right one of the three is either 1/3 2/3 or guaranteed. Guaranteed is less than 1%, 2/3 is 10%, 1/3 is 47%. It comes down to around 32% that you lynch a scum this way, less than even a 1 in 3. So yeah not a coinflip, don't do it.

Conclusion: I really wonder what happened Day 2... He was very much in the background day 1, the complete opposite of game 1. Oh well we shall see day 2 when I get there.

MoodyCloud as The Prophet

#375 One of your first posts is dedicated to trying to clear someone? Its NAI and likely not faked #1,056 I thought the quote was bad, but the reply trumped it. This is what you return to, really? #1,079 Firstly yes I get the thought proccess thing, I mean yours is a perfect example of what you accuse proph of. I addressed the why he voted you to yeti already, but basically you were his worst read, and easy pushes are easy for a reason, see again yourself participating in an easy push as a counter push against proph who voted you. #1,089 That percentage stinks, and your tone betrays it, you sound certain rather than barely over the coin flip. 50 50 you seemingly abhore. The choice of number there screams if this goes wrong I was only barely sure of it. The fact you refuse to engage him beyond his macro, when hawkie was far more about his micro, I'd love to know how you thought hawkie's reasonings were worth following.

Conclusion: Would lynch today, no questions asked. I can't fault him for low activity from where I am standing, but the quality of said activity and the general aim at really just Proph is meh. Lynch this man, he is scum all the time 60% of the time.

Prophylaxis as Volatile Gas

#296 Glad proph is doing nothing instead of stepping up their game coasting by on Hawkie's meh attempts to lynch him. Smells more like Knights than proph. #355 Your counter argument to Texas has a fairly different tone to it than when addressing Hawkie, do you suspect texas? #688 He was taken from us too early #930 Nevermind, he deserved to die, he was asking for it(I agree with the sentiment but not the tone in his situation) #1,016 Never nevermind, how can you guys lynch someone who'd rather get lynched than push an idler #1,324 RIP, time to check who died last night.

Conclusion: I donno if it's just the knowledge of the future for most of it, but I wish I had been around to save that ass. RIP

Texas Cloverleaf as The Reach

#71 This whole push stinks. Don't care too much about the reasoning, but the timing being very early and not many being present, starting a push that shuts down rvs completely over and rvs comment I didn't even tame seriously feels like deliberate direction of attention to "Look at Texas scumhunting". Not out of the realm of possibility that town texas would do it, but it's much more to the benefit of scum texas. If too many read him positively largely due to this early pressure, I'd like this to be reconsidered. #588 Explained like that, knowing proph flips town, this feels like an easy attempt at pushing a wagon without having to contribute to it beyond voting, while having avoided questionings regarding your own reasonings as you are just following hawkie's. If this kind of distancing kept up tp the lynch you looking p bad. #724 There are literally countless reasons beyond him being scum why he could be biased towards either of us, and now we know it was something unrelated. This is not evidence against proph, and only useful if proph flips scum, so why peddle it as proof. #829 Says the man already trying to connect an idler to someone who will flip town. #851 I am sorry, firstly you have only presented a scenario where if proph is scum, then I am scum, you never have and couldn't at all propose the reverse is true. Secondly, you literally called out people about voting idlers, what the hell. #878 Again, me being town wouldn't mean proph is town, nor scum to scum and you never made that case. At this point it feels like you banking on letting me get lynched before my slot turns useful, and then letting hawkie push proph again. #960 You haven't actively defended him since your lord and savior hawkie started tunneling him. Saying for the first few pages of it that you are townreading him a bit while being on the wagon is not actively defending. Also this is an overreaction to thinking about a scenario that only hurts you if you are scum and know he will flip town and don't wanna lock yourself into a scenario when people could quote this and call you out if you go with something else. #989 See this hawkie, this is an actual case of someone going back on something they said because they feared it made them look bad. A town after an outburst with minimal prodding doesn't just change their mind and answer that scenario. #1,018 You know exactly why you did this post, this is a wifom for wifom's sake, and I'm far more inclined to believe a scum to be this manipulative over town. #1,036 I blame Josh #1,155You know you at least had some excuse with wanting to lynch me, but at this point you are contradicting yourself about lynching idlers. Also context does not excuse this. #1,171 For someone fairly convinced he is pushing scum, he sure isn't happy leaving his reads and gamesolve behind in case he gets shot which should be fairly likely had proph flipped the other way. That is to say, I heavily dislike how defensive he is on gamesolves. #1,178 Hey guys, I think proph is scum and this post smells scummy I want you all to waste time coming up with why I think its scummy near deadline rather than posting my read on it.

Conclusion: Me no like, me no like one bit. It's best if people just read the whole thing above, I can't give a reasonable tl;dr that would represent all my problems with him accurately. Would lynch today.

WalreinHitmonleet as Prime Suspect

#619 Good I didn't have notes on him anyways. #651 Whats with the double standard, asking Yeti for reasons but MS just gets called scummy for bandwagoning. Also asek's post spectacular, highlighted too? #832 But it was SPECTACULAR!!! You can't brush that off, you made it a big deal, but claim you barely skimmed it and after half the thread calls you out on how bad asek's post is you change your mind. #838 Ignoring the self hammer bit... This smells fake and not because he is shooting me. The whole post is propped up then ends anticlimactically, since if I post this is no longer relevant. Say I am scum, two results, either I get subbed and it's not relevant or I post and it's not relevant. It's irrelevance is a self fulfilling prophecy aimed at an idler, and the second best shot is an omgus. #853 If you have no intention of defending walrein, then dont ask for reasons. #899 you literally have a post saying you are walrein. Look at my posts which don't exist because I don't make them, solid argument. You are cleary okay with just coasting by on the game you keep bringing up instead of learning from it and making moves instead of denying the existence of a walruse. #916 Nah you quoted perfectly, the fact you changed opinions that much from an expectional praise of something you didn't read, is indeed heinous. #1,063 Define contribute. #1,098 I give you 3 pages to call it bad and scum read him. #1,279 Where do I even start here? No lynch is no info but hey lets lynch an idler, I'm sure there is a lot info to be gained from that. You think proph is town minutes before his flip, gee I wonder why. The worst is the vote on me, and simply because he is obviously lying about his reasons. He has never given a reasonable reasoning why he thinks I am scum, even though my idleness was clearly not alignment indicative. How odd before this two people attempted to vote me, Yeti and proph, both who are voting me, then changed to hitmon. He is trying to redirect the secondary lynch away from himself specifically targeting an idler most of his current voters were previously willing to lynch. A town has no reason to pull this shit, not in such an underhanded way. Too much is stacked in favour of hitmon acting as someone informed.

Conclusion: You thought Texas was the motherload, but nope it was hiding under him the whole time. Nothing about Hitmon is consistent. The whole asek big post heel turn is bad. His Me vote is bad. His Proph defense is bad. And I was reading Walrein as a slot the same as last game, wouldn't lynch, so I am not even biased from that. Would lynch today and is my main push.

Yeti as Background Character

#571 I had my pm for days before the game, of course I missed the start. At this point it'd be more sus if I was active. #580 I'm on my extremely slow way. #726 Am I will really that biased about Proph that all these make me raise an eyebrow? Either way no, if anything his worst suspect ended up being someone he wasn't heavyhanded about initially but would overall end up suspecting the most shows his progression, which scum would lack because they likely decided who to push as a counter to themselves at this point. I mean it can be faked to look like the way he did it, but that is it, faked not inherently scummy. #741 hawkie did ask him about his knights read as part of his accusation, so proph was doing what he said. I don't get how you can be so hung up on this one continuously when it's minor with no alignment indication, as anyone would find explaining that one easier regardless of they scum or not. #748 asek better call this out. Also this is meh and I hope to see more if Yeti keeps up the hitmon push. #777 it's an IRC channel, we have the fluodome mafiabot too. #863 I subbed into a fairly quickly moving game as scum after subbing into another game as scum which I expected would be brought up putting some pressure on me to be on my best behavior. I just don't post when I have no idea what the source of most thoughts are since I have yet to experience those events. Last game should prove this is NAI, I'm just on the morning shift so I keep sleeping over the discussion and then like now I work on my catch up on phone at work. #893 um, sorry #1,158 At that point in time this sounds disingenuous. The people mainly voting proph generally overlap with people who dislike the hitmonleet push of yours. This feels more like posturing for a village flip than genuine care. #1,185 Don't lynch me(psyche I know proph dies) #1,258 Idlers were too much of a talking point, if people care more about identifying scum buddies in that group than based on active player interaction. While I feel responsible, it's still unhelpful.

Conclusion: I feel Yeti did very little beyond pushing a Hitmon counterwagon and defending Proph a bit. Considering she is a self admitted staying away from Knights mislynch last game, it raises an eyebrow she defended the mislynch again, but nothing conclusive. I'd say would lynch today, if solely because last time I gave her too much leeway and I would rather pressure her than give her time to revv up the engines.

AND LightWolf as idling cuck. #791 I'll have you know I was voting UncleSam!

Written and directed by LightWolf

Special Thanks to Notepad App on Phone

A Vote Hitmonleet Production

I'm mad at y'all. Know why?

You dumbasses traded two days of scumhunting for a wagon where everyone can justify themselves by saying he had it coming.

I'm limiting my rereads to the 6 on the wagon today becuase I think there's at least one scum there.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
dle and moody have a lot to answer for hammering early, i was asleep when it happened or i'd prolly have unvoted when he got to l-1

btw texas u idiout this is why u don't l-1 people some idiot will do the dumb early hammer.

Been working on this since before the hammer; didn't finish until after night was called.

Former Hope
RVS Proph. TR's texas for a derpclean, with heavy debate. (I'm not fond of derpcleans due to ease of faking the derp.) Reads knights as town by agreeing with Proph (and TR's Proph) in #104, which feels vaguely like buddying - and which puts his later post of asking MS to explain why pushing proph is scummy in a slightly worse light. But is also quick to call out MS switching rapidly. He also calls out texas being passive wrt the Proph lynch reasoning, much more than normal - I noticed it, too, but wasn't 100% on it until reading this. I'm seeing plenty of activity, but not much content after that for a bit before he returns to elaborating on calling out texas - feels pretty natural to me, but could be either side of it. Then #443 is a megapost with no previous history of megaposts. I was slightly sr'ing him up until this, but would scum put that much into a single post like that? I'm not going to summarize that post; people should go look at it themselves - but it's feels like a hybrid of anti-iso and multiple partial ones. He later argues with knights about proph, and feels like he's trying to subtly push people into going that way, or maybe it's just me being paranoid. He joins the Asek lynch for willfull afk while calling out DLE for the same - then swaps after finding Asek's 15 hour incommunicado post, then Walrein based on Yeti's reasoning. Then back to Asek, calling out what he sees as a bad post, then hops off after Yeti disagrees. He also spends a bit of time on Empoof/now me for Empoof idle.
At this point, it feels like he's all over the place - including a little later when he SRs proph while liking the big post (or wishy-washy there). Then a LOT of posts with little contribution, and at best banter. Then he discusses MS scumplay and Asek's read on Hitmonleet. Then another megapost, this time focusing on Asek and calling him out for picking up and dropping stuff (#1349). Why wasn't that vote-worthy? Then during the MS wagon he calls MS's behavior the scumtell he mentioned before.
Post #1436: "But I think yeti's points are solid that MS has been far from consistant or logical in their reads so I support the metal sonic vote"

Verdict: Seems too all over the place, a bit inconsistent. Once, was wishy-washy and another time was a bit hypocritical (see above post). Feels scum-leaning to me. Anyway, after last cycle, I was planning on reviewing Moody, but DLE, Knights, and Asek are all on my list because of him.

I was going to vote Former, but need to read LW's new wall and I don't want to risk a Metal Sonic mk 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)