NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, that question was kinda of two separate thoughts mashed together.

Former Hope
1) Do you think Moody could fake being very behind in catchup?
2) Do you think scum Moody gets genuinely left out of the loop by his buddies?
okay, now that I can answer this the way I want too.

Frankly, having played my first full scum game (since i'm not counting laser tag) in like a year has helped me refresh the scum line of thinking. That said, I think 1. yes, that's not really that hard to do. Hell, it can be done for real. Especially when these games rack up a lot of pages, it's very easy to be very genuine and reading posts for the first time, while also having scum fill you in on the important bits.

Like I mean, like I said before I don't think moody doing that was AI. Like, what? In the scum chat someone goes

Slimshady: "Hey moody pa tootie, those town folk over there have placed good ol' town folk metal sonic at l-1"
Moody: "Gee thanks friendly neighborhood serial killer, I shall put a lot of attention on myself my hammering them right now!"

Like, I just can't see that happened - and that's the only scenario I can see where moody hammering as he did is relevant to AI.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i expect to see actual reads lists and "how i see the game rn" posts from everyone by the time i wake up, especially those who have been kicking their feet about it (looking at you knights)

it's so much harder to figure this out if people sit on their hands and don't type up how they feel about everyone. i've said my poe as it stands until more people talk.

so please just tell me how you see everyone.

i expect to see actual reads lists and "how i see the game rn" posts from everyone by the time i wake up, especially those who have been kicking their feet about it (looking at you knights)

it's so much harder to figure this out if people sit on their hands and don't type up how they feel about everyone. i've said my poe as it stands until more people talk.

so please just tell me how you see everyone.
Reads:
Asek - don't think I've seen much of him from the people I've previously viewed. I think I've found my new next ISO. But what I remember is a couple flurries of posts that only have a couple that have content in them. lean scum
Da Letter El - A quick check shows a lower fluff to content ratio than most, and what I've seen since I joined has mostly looked good. Lean Town
Former Hopes - see recent ISO, but recent posts mean he's down to lean scum
KnightsofCydonia - Lots of stuff, little that I remember. That's a warning bell to me. Scum
LightWolf - Inactive for a while, then becomes moreso just as day 2 is ending. Seems trying to contribute, though. And in large + memorable ways, too. Lean Town
MoodyCloud - what was that hammer? Just catching up is also a great excuse for scum to do that. Not as much contribution as many, either Scummy
Hitmonleet - Town
Yeti - obvious contributions, active. Town

How I see the game:
Feels like we're imploding after a couple days and starting to panic at 1 away from lylo.

Anywya, Vote KnightsofCydonia for now

Frankly, having played my first full scum game (since i'm not counting laser tag) in like a year has helped me refresh the scum line of thinking. That said, I think 1. yes, that's not really that hard to do. Hell, it can be done for real. Especially when these games rack up a lot of pages, it's very easy to be very genuine and reading posts for the first time, while also having scum fill you in on the important bits.

Like I mean, like I said before I don't think moody doing that was AI. Like, what? In the scum chat someone goes

Slimshady: "Hey moody pa tootie, those town folk over there have placed good ol' town folk metal sonic at l-1"
Moody: "Gee thanks friendly neighborhood serial killer, I shall put a lot of attention on myself my hammering them right now!"

Like, I just can't see that happened - and that's the only scenario I can see where moody hammering as he did is relevant to AI.
Okay. I was weighing 1 against 2 in thinking out the plausibility, but the nonexclusivity point is something to regard.

that made me chuckle good shit

#619 Good I didn't have notes on him anyways. #651 Whats with the double standard, asking Yeti for reasons but MS just gets called scummy for bandwagoning.
Because MS voted literally right after Yeti, without ever citing any points. Meanwhile, Yeti had been disliking the slot earlier, and voted before, so I wanted to know more.

#832 But it was SPECTACULAR!!! You can't brush that off, you made it a big deal, but claim you barely skimmed it and after half the thread calls you out on how bad asek's post is you change your mind.
Because I listened to other people's advice, looked things over again, and changed my opinion. I don't see anything shady there.

#838 Ignoring the self hammer bit... This smells fake and not because he is shooting me. The whole post is propped up then ends anticlimactically, since if I post this is no longer relevant. Say I am scum, two results, either I get subbed and it's not relevant or I post and it's not relevant. It's irrelevance is a self fulfilling prophecy aimed at an idler, and the second best shot is an omgus.
I was actually suspicious of yall -_-. Of the idlers, your lack of even a deep post made you
LightWolf as idling cuck
, which was an irregular thing, since, as far as I remember, you're normally at least slightly active outside of wallposts. Yeti was an OMGUS, but I'm still suspicious of her.

#853 If you have no intention of defending walrein, then dont ask for reasons
Yes, Walrein played really shadily, but the point was to get Yeti to outright state her reasons, as opposed to "screw you read the thread you're an idiot if you can't dig through all this shit you subbed into just to find my rationale"

#899 you literally have a post saying you are walrein. Look at my posts which don't exist because I don't make them, solid argument. You are cleary okay with just coasting by on the game you keep bringing up instead of learning from it and making moves instead of denying the existence of a walruse
It is difficult to look through past posts and make a decision when you're being lynched nearly all the time. And I have been trying to learn from it, fyi.

916 Nah you quoted perfectly, the fact you changed opinions that much from an expectional praise of something you didn't read, is indeed heinous.
Once again, people's feelings change on things with a reread.

#1,063 Define contribute.
con·trib·ute
kənˈtribyo͞ot/
verb
verb: contribute; 3rd person present: contributes; past tense: contributed; past participle: contributed; gerund or present participle: contributing
give (something, especially money) in order to help achieve or provide something.
"he contributed more than $500,000 to the center"
synonyms:give, donate, put up, subscribe, hand out, grant, bestow, present, provide, supply, furnish; More
informalchip in, pitch in, fork out, shell out, cough up, kick in, ante up, pony up
"the government contributed a million dollars"

help to cause or bring about.
"gases that contribute to global warming"
synonyms:play a part in, be instrumental in, be a factor in, have a hand in, be conducive to, make for, lead to, cause
"numerous factors contribute to job satisfaction"
supply (an article) for publication.
"he contributed articles to the magazine"
synonyms:supply, provide, submit
"an article contributed by Dr. Clouson"
give one's views in a discussion.
"he did not contribute to the meetings"

#1,279 Where do I even start here? No lynch is no info but hey lets lynch an idler, I'm sure there is a lot info to be gained from that. You think proph is town minutes before his flip, gee I wonder why. The worst is the vote on me, and simply because he is obviously lying about his reasons. He has never given a reasonable reasoning why he thinks I am scum, even though my idleness was clearly not alignment indicative. How odd before this two people attempted to vote me, Yeti and proph, both who are voting me, then changed to hitmon. He is trying to redirect the secondary lynch away from himself specifically targeting an idler most of his current voters were previously willing to lynch. A town has no reason to pull this shit, not in such an underhanded way.
I changed my mind on Proph, and, like I've stated, you normally post at least something relevant and useful, which you didn't. Then you engage in a paragraph's worth of useless speculation and theorization.

I wanted to at least get people to not lynch town, since, as you can see, I started to think Proph was town over time, and you were shady and previously an attempted lynch, so I felt it'd be better to lynch you.

People's thoughts change, dude. That's common. I'm normally a bit conflicted about my thoughts and reads when I'm town, so I flip flop a lot. Is it shady at times? Yes. To literally cite your own advice to me: "if you are a villager nothing you actually do is scummy. This is fact, others may read it as such, but I personally believe as long as you have the village!s interest in your mind, you can't be scummy." I believed it would be in the village's interest to not lynch either Proph or I, as I thought we were both town. Thus, I flip flopped and tried to get you lynched at the end, because I believed that was the best option at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)