5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
How would you advance an odd number of frames when you're in front of a stationary legend?
Depends. Are the number of frames you need to advance prime (ie: 7, 11, 13, 17)? Non-prime odd advances you can use either 3 or 5 Pokemon in your party. And even advances you can use 2, 4, or 6 (6 being a worst case scenario).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So, I'm trying to make a flawless Zekrom, and the only frame under 20 I've found for such a venture is 14. Which means I would have to advance the frame 11 times. I'd rather not face Zekrom with only a Synchronizer and pray that my first Quick Ball hits. Would anyone happen to know the number of steps from the PC in the castle to Zekrom?
Increase your maximum delay significantly, and you're bound to find something else.

I've got my max delay set to 12,000. Will anything much longer have me sitting around for minutes at a time waiting for delay?

Depends. Are the number of frames you need to advance prime (ie: 7, 11, 13, 17)? Non-prime odd advances you can use either 3 or 5 Pokemon in your party. And even advances you can use 2, 4, or 6 (6 being a worst case scenario).
My target is 20.

so 20-3-1+1 = 17

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does sweet scent advance the frame at all?
Yes. I can't quite remember how many though.. I think it's 2 or 3 depending on location. I seem to remember someone saying that RNG reporter takes this into account so you don't need to worry about it..

Edit:
I was thinking of the PID frame which is not what you're looking at. As the others have stated, it doesn't affect the IV RNG.

Mmkay guys i want to RNG a joltek in the cave you find him. Do i have to keep sweet scenting till i find one? Or are there encounter slots?

just a small bump c:

and also for the roamer thundurus, can i just kill him then beat the elite 4 and he respawns again?

There is encounter slots.

Thundurus will respawn, but it will be impossible to RNG abuse for IVs as the battles advance the frames about 120 per second. (I think, but you get the idea.) OD stated something about this already 1-2 pages back.

Bumping because I never got any answers.

Ok I got 3 questions

1) When I am searching for C-gear seeds on the time finder, I notice that under version it says either Black (Japanese) or White (Japanese). I am playing the english version but that shouldn't matter correct?

2) On the first page, it says that I can advance frames using pc box, but how many frames will it advance if I deposit a pokemon rather than withdraw? Is it not determined?

3) I am currently planning to rng Reshiram at N's Castle. When I go from the pc box to reshiram, no frames should advance outside of the 128 steps thing right?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
2) 0 frames for depositing. The act of creating the party data is most likely what advances it by 7, just like it is for an egg!

(starting frame 1+7=8)

Alright, so when I'm finding the C-Gear Seed, what do I put into the Capture tab of the RNG Reporter? I chose Method 5, but how do I specify what I'm looking for? I just put in the IVs and hit generate?

Because I want to RNG shinies, but that box is grayed out.

Looking for somebody to help teach me how to RNG.
I understand most of what to do, but I still get hung up at some points.
If I can get the blasted thing to work once, I won't need further teaching.
Thanks in advance to anybody who wants to take the time and teach me.

And sorry if I posted this in the wrong place :P

Alright, so when I'm finding the C-Gear Seed, what do I put into the Capture tab of the RNG Reporter? I chose Method 5, but how do I specify what I'm looking for? I just put in the IVs and hit generate?

Because I want to RNG shinies, but that box is grayed out.

Well a guide hasnt been release for shinys yet :/

But for delay you can put 1500/6000 and for max frame you can put 3 of it's your first time. That should be pretty basic for now

I have a quick question. I'm trying to capture my Zekrom on the seed b95ca76c which comes with a hefty delay of 6836. I calibrated my delay and on the last check I hit 6838.

3 hours later with no luck I decided to check where I was actually hitting and the result was erratic to say the least. In the space of 5 captures I hit the extremes of 11 below and 13 above my target. In Emerald, Platinum and Heart Gold I have always used emloop timer and my misses were always within 4 of my target. This time I am using the Eontimer posted in the beginning of this thread.

Is the Eontimer known to be so erratic at larger delays? I'm using the audible cue as it is kind of difficult to watch the time count down while blindly hoping to hit the yes on the DS screen (would be a lot easier if I could just press a button) and I've noticed the beeps are not always consistant when counting down.

Or

Is this just one of the issues with the C-Gear and B/W? It is frustrating me because I could have simply SR'd a result better than anything surrounding my target.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I have a quick question. I'm trying to capture my Zekrom on the seed b95ca76c which comes with a hefty delay of 6836. I calibrated my delay and on the last check I hit 6838.

3 hours later with no luck I decided to check where I was actually hitting and the result was erratic to say the least. In the space of 5 captures I hit the extremes of 11 below and 13 above my target. In Emerald, Platinum and Heart Gold I have always used emloop timer and my misses were always within 4 of my target. This time I am using the Eontimer posted in the beginning of this thread.

Is the Eontimer known to be so erratic at larger delays? I'm using the audible cue as it is kind of difficult to watch the time count down while blindly hoping to hit the yes on the DS screen (would be a lot easier if I could just press a button) and I've noticed the beeps are not always consistant when counting down.

Or

Is this just one of the issues with the C-Gear and B/W? It is frustrating me because I could have simply SR'd a result better than anything surrounding my target.
I'm using EonTimer to capture Cobalion with a delay of 7401, and I got it a few times. So all you can do is just keep trying.

Maybe it's the C-gear since I had the same problem with my Zekrom although it was only for me it was +-4 delay. I was also using emloop so maybe it's the high delay the problem (I had a 1448 delay).
I kept hitting +-4 delay for like 4hours (even and odd ones) but I did hit the occasional +-10 of my delay. When I finally hit my seed, my synch didn't work.
So it took me like 8+ hours so RNG the stupid Zekrom...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)