BH Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I support species clause
Species clause is definitely needed. I've seen several people with full teams of the same Pokemon, and it really sucks the fun out of the game.
I will agree. It makes it much harder to predict, especially with some of the more threatening offensive mons like 2 Darm-G-Z with Mold Breaker on one, and Desolate Land on the other. Just when you send in a check for one, they U-Turn pivot to the other, in a way, they cover eachothers weakness, Mold Breaker > Flash Fire, Desolate Land > Primordial Sea.

Now it’s no longer about strategy, and all about matchup, because you likely didn’t bring both abilities, and now you will possibly pay the price.

I mean, I don’t have that concern bc I bring Darm-Z, it’s older cousin, but many Melmetal do Bc their ability is their only Defense Vs V-Create. Toxapex works too.

Species Clause means we can make a team without having to guess what we are facing (moveset wise, especially), and with Pokemon that don’t announce abilities on switch-in, like Sheer Force, we sometimes have to wonder if someone’s second Eternatus is packing Fur Coat or Sheer Force.

Also, a loser I give you credit as an active councilman and as our sort of MVP since E4 Flint - has stepped back, I won’t call it stepping down, just back.

You are carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders, but you wear it well.

Thank you for keeping this thread aware of the council’s decisions, reasonings, and rulings. I may have revived the thread, but you keep it going.

You are, yet again, “a winner” in my book.

P.S. Seeing all the Darm-Z in those replays brought a metaphoric tear to my eye! It may have evaporated from all of the heat from those Lava Plumes, but I could sense that something so amazing occurred. I felt my idea going from niche pick, to top select, for covering the most offensive threats we have today.

Thank you. And I am really glad to see this thread back on track! Everyone is discussing the core concerns, and I don’t see much back and forth. :)

Last edited:

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
Mean look, boom, forever free setup.
please don't post things like this, it isn't effective Plus its a one-liner. first off, mean look is not even close to viable as many other options like anchor shot or infestation, even then this has nearly no use as so many things counter this anyway, look at things like pranksters, Magic bouncers, and hell, just about anything that can run pivots like baton pass, parting shot or teleport. second of all, what does this even threaten? almost everything that normally can check pult checks this anyway, even if you get entrainment off, things like Mandibuzz and Tyranitar still wall you. I haven't taken into account Dynamax yet, which can completely bypass it and kill you back, so why even run this in the first place when the base set is already awful?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
please don't post things like this, it isn't effective Plus its a one-liner. first off, mean look is not even close to viable as many other options like anchor shot or infestation, even then this has nearly no use as so many things counter this anyway, look at things like pranksters, Magic bouncers, and hell, just about anything that can run pivots like baton pass, parting shot or teleport. second of all, what does this even threaten? almost everything that normally can check pult checks this anyway, even if you get entrainment off, things like Mandibuzz and Tyranitar still wall you. I haven't taken into account Dynamax yet, which can completely bypass it and kill you back, so why even run this in the first place when the base set is already awful?
Part 1: To be fair, this is the only post the user has ever made. A swift click on their username reveals that.

Good points on Dragapult though.
————
Nuetral: On an new note, I have been feeling the excitement surrounding a new set I have been testing. For now, I see it as an alternative to the more standard moveset Rhydon has been using (Water Absorb). *Water Absorb’s moveset according to the Rhydon analysis is only different in the 4th moveslot, which would have been W-o-W / Teleport.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Spectral Thief / Teleport
- V-Create

This moveset, as opposed to Water Absorb, allows it to perform as a dual-function Wall and Wall Breaker, where Desolate Land Rhydon simultaneously blocks Fishous Rend Mold Breakers like Barrascuda and can KO their walls such as Non-Flash Fire Corviknight. Nevertheless, Rhydon poses a legitimate threat to some of the most powerful Steel-type offense in the metagame, surviving their attack and KOing them in return.
VS Offense-

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zacian-Crowned in Harsh Sunshine: 422-498 (108.7 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Harsh Sunshine: 394-464 (98.9 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Excadrill in Harsh Sunshine: 634-746 (149.5 - 175.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Walls-

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight in Harsh Sunshine: 412-486 (103 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield in Harsh Sunshine: 336-396 (103.7 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zamazenta-Crowned in Harsh Sunshine: 358-422 (92.2 - 108.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. [Non-Fur Coat]

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn in Harsh Sunshine: 700-828 (198.8 - 235.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO *Primordial Sea is removed
As a backup, it’s own STAB Earthquake is still a 2HKO against Flash Fire Pokemon that don’t threaten it like Aegislash, and it can maintain its Water Absorb role to come in on Pokemon whose STAB Rhydon resists, like Zeraora, Toxapex, Zekrom, and Tyranitar, although beware of Knock Off. In a pinch, Earthquake coverage also serves as a 2HKO on prominent Special Attackers such as Eternatus, and Reshiram, as well as the niche Chandelure, all of which resist V-Create.

Overall, Rhydon is able to hit much of the VR ranked Pokemon from S to D for 1-2HKOs, without set-up, while still keeping its anti-Water functionality, in addition to not sacrificing its ability to come in on the same physical threats it would expect to check on it’s more standard set. (It’s literally only 1 move different).

Lastly, a Choice Banded V-Create off of Darmanitan-Galar-Zen under the Sun is still a 3HKO, so unlike Primordial Sea Melmetal who risks a 1HKO from Banded Fishous Rend, Rhydon can still check Darmanitan-Galar-Zen, who now loses -1 Defense and must switch out to avoid Earthquake. It’s original role largely intact.

The best Part is also how it can remove Rain, so Primordial Sea Melmetal is forced to either switch or stomach a 2HKO from V-Create, especially since most walls minimize Speed, allowing Rhydon to go first.
_______
Part 2: On another note-
#LegUpOnTheCompetition

#PlayTeste...RealLifeTested

#NotMe

Last edited:

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
Part 1: To be fair, this is the only post the user has ever made. A swift click on their username reveals that.

Good points on Dragapult though.
————
Nuetral: On an new note, I have been feeling the excitement surrounding a new set I have been testing. For now, I see it as an alternative to the more standard moveset Rhydon has been using (Water Absorb). *Water Absorb’s moveset according to the Rhydon analysis is only different in the 4th moveslot, which would have been W-o-W / Teleport.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Spectral Thief / Teleport
- V-Create

This moveset, as opposed to Water Absorb, allows it to perform as a dual-function Wall and Wall Breaker, where Desolate Land Rhydon simultaneously blocks Fishous Rend Mold Breakers like Barrascuda and can KO their walls such as Non-Flash Fire Corviknight. Nevertheless, Rhydon poses a legitimate threat to some of the most powerful Steel-type offense in the metagame, surviving their attack and KOing them in return.
VS Offense-

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zacian-Crowned in Harsh Sunshine: 422-498 (108.7 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Harsh Sunshine: 394-464 (98.9 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Excadrill in Harsh Sunshine: 634-746 (149.5 - 175.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Walls-

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight in Harsh Sunshine: 412-486 (103 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield in Harsh Sunshine: 336-396 (103.7 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zamazenta-Crowned in Harsh Sunshine: 358-422 (92.2 - 108.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. [Non-Fur Coat]

252 Atk Rhydon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn in Harsh Sunshine: 700-828 (198.8 - 235.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO *Primordial Sea is removed
As a backup, it’s own STAB Earthquake is still a 2HKO against Flash Fire Pokemon that don’t threaten it like Aegislash, and it can maintain its Water Absorb role to come in on Pokemon whose STAB Rhydon resists, like Zeraora, Toxapex, Zekrom, and Tyranitar, although beware of Knock Off. In a pinch, Earthquake coverage also serves as a 2HKO on prominent Special Attackers such as Eternatus, and Reshiram, as well as the niche Chandelure, all of which resist V-Create.

Overall, Rhydon is able to hit much of the VR ranked Pokemon from S to D for 1-2HKOs, without set-up, while still keeping its anti-Water functionality, in addition to not sacrificing its ability to come in on the same physical threats it would expect to check on it’s more standard set. (It’s literally only 1 move different).

Lastly, a Choice Banded V-Create off of Darmanitan-Galar-Zen under the Sun is still a 3HKO, so unlike Primordial Sea Melmetal who risks a 1HKO from Banded Fishous Rend, Rhydon can still check Darmanitan-Galar-Zen, who now loses -1 Defense and must switch out to avoid Earthquake. It’s original role largely intact.

The best Part is also how it can remove Rain, so Primordial Sea Melmetal is forced to either switch or stomach a 2HKO from V-Create, especially since most walls minimize Speed, allowing Rhydon to go first.
_______
Part 2: On another note-
#LegUpOnTheCompetition

#PlayTeste...RealLifeTested

#NotMe
remind me what utility this has over its fur coat variant? yeah, it can counter barra and some DGZ sets but that's about it, causing it to lose its positive matchup with the latter due to its Ice STAB, (even then they run grass moves now so it's still not too great). second of all, who in the right mind would stay in with a steel type on rhydon anyway? its almost always obvious that it runs a ground move like earthquake, so why risk the unneeded damage, the only real uses of this I can see is a rain CT. But even then it gets destroyed by most other things anyway, why run something like this when so many things can be better?

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
After a long delay, due to interruptions and changes in the metagame from bans and a suspect test, we've finally released the sample teams!
You can find them on the front page of this thread or in the link above.

We'd like to thank everyone who participated by submitting teams a while back. There were lots of good teams to chose from, but ultimately some of them became outdated due to metagame changes like the Shedinja and Octolock bans. The teams we decided on have remained solid throughout all the metagame changes and should give new users some great balance teams to pick from as well as the exciting rain offense team to play with.

The meta is still changing constantly, and more changes can be expected soon, so we encourage everyone to keep building and adjusting to the meta so that we'll have some great new options for sample teams when submissions re-open in the future.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
remind me what utility this has over its fur coat variant? yeah, it can counter barra and some DGZ sets but that's about it, causing it to lose its positive matchup with the latter due to its Ice STAB, (even then they run grass moves now so it's still not too great). second of all, who in the right mind would stay in with a steel type on rhydon anyway? its almost always obvious that it runs a ground move like earthquake, so why risk the unneeded damage, the only real uses of this I can see is a rain CT. But even then it gets destroyed by most other things anyway, why run something like this when so many things can be better?
It’s not a replacement for Fur Coat.

If you noticed my comparison to Rhydon using Water Absorb, as I listed the same moveset with only a single variation in the fourth move, which is an analysis in progress for QC. Here.

Overall, by not bothering with W-o-W / Teleport, it can use a similar ability for similar results with a new option to 1HKO a foe that would normally survive an EQ, Outspeed and 2HKO Rhydon first.

Sunsteel Strike and Mold Breaker don’t care about your Fur Coat, So Icicle Crash CBand Darmanitan-Galar-Z, Excadrill, and others can still 2HKO your Fur Coat Rhydon.

Mold Breaker might reveal itself on switch-in, but Pokemon carrying SunSteel (including non-steels) are going to also bypass it, so it won’t always be obvious.

My point was more on accomplishing the same goal, with additional benefits, so you can beat its threats, while it takes 2 hits to KO you.

Also, since some Pokemon use Desolate Land/Primordial Sea without a corresponding offensive move of the same type, it’s not a big reveal that it’s packing V-Create since they know Mold Breaker Fishous Rend is what you are really countering.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Kyurem-White @ Leftovers
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Dynamax Cannon
- Blue Flare
- Quiver Dance
overpowered lol
Hey, you remind me of when I used to make similar posts.

I think we need to consider some of the posting expectations.

I think as a new player you are trying to make sets that could theoretically work on paper but in practice they may encounter some roadblocks.

How about going over some damage calculations, and including any explanations on why you selected the moves, items, nature, etc. so other people understand your sets purpose (I.e. Boomburst for power, Quiver Dance for survival and offense, and then we can explain how something might not work.

For example, since Boomburst is already strong, gains STAB, and also hits even Neutral Dragons hard, like opposing Kyurem-W/B, you could opt for a different move to replace Dynamax Cannon, like Earth Power to hurt Primordial Sea/Flash Fire Steel-types.

You also gain coverage for things like Toxapex, and Darmanitan-Zen Mode. Because of this, Blue Flare is less necessary, and now you can use a different option for recovery, such as Strength Sap, since you boosted SpD via Quiver Dance, and now you can lower the foe’s Physical Attack offense when you are confronted with an offensive resist like Zamazenta-C. You could even use Spore.

Now, with a Recovery move, you can opt for a different item like Throat Spray since Boomburst is an offensive Sound move, so it activates to get +1 SpA, or if you are using Spore you can use Safety Goggles to avoid Imposter/Magic Bounces.

Kyurem-White @ Throat Spray / Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Strength Sap / Spore
- Quiver Dance

Now a set that can handle more Ice resists, recover, and keep its main functions (Quiver Dance and Boomburst) can do a great job responding to some of the things Dynamax Cannon didn’t have the same ability to do.

Spore also works as a 1-stop shop to nullify anything not immune so it doesn’t have to face that Pokemon at it’s full potential.

When you are able to explain a set, people can see the methodology behind it and better get behind you, and your posts.

Thanks for posting, just try and include more reasoning and show a few sentences so other new people understand how it works.

abriel

I’m with you.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Kyurem-White @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Dynamax Cannon
- Blue Flare
- Quiver Dance
overpowered lol
First off, welcome to Smogon and to BH! However, this thread is not the place for one-liners, which derail the discussion and are thus not allowed. If you continue to post like this, your posts will likely be deleted. Instead, this thread is for detailed thoughts and discussion on the metagame. For more casual discussion about the metagame, you can post in the OM chat on Showdown or in the OM Discord.

Additionally, in bringing up a new set, you should detail what exactly makes it effective in the current metagame, ideally supported by calcs and replays. This post is a good example of a detailed analysis-based post bringing up a new and unique set, since it explains what the function of the set is, shows calcs demonstrating what it does, and includes replays showing its effectiveness in practice.

Finally, I wanted to explain why this set is not used in the current metagame. Kyurem-W is best used as a powerful Specs wallbreaker or a Poison Heal setup sweeper. This set strikes an awkward medium between the immediate power of Specs and the long-lasting presence of the Poison Heal set. Additionally, the move choice leaves you walled by Flash Fire/Primordial Sea Steels, which are quite common in today’s meta.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Hello, the BH council continues to observe the metagame and wishes to address concerns about potential metagame suspectworthy threats as swiftly and efficiently as possible. With this being said, one important topic that has been brought up numerous times quite recently in the thread has been the idea of a species clause. With the prospect of extremely devistating wallbreakers such as Zacian-C, Zekrom, and Kyurem-W being ran multiple times on certain teams, defensive counterplay can be inadequate at times as the stacking of congruent offensive threats can overwhelm their respective checks. This also applies to defensive threats as well, where more and more teams have been starting to stack extremely bulky threats such as Eternatus and Zamazenta-C, creating impenetrable defensive backbones that can be hard to stop without dedicated wallbreakers. With this in mind, the "spamming" of certain threats has been quite overcentralizing and has had a largely negative impact on the metagame, which the council does recognize.

To this effect, we will be implementing a Forme Clause.
  • Forme Clause: You may only use one of each forme of a mon on your team.

This addresses the issue at hand while also still enabling players to use certain threats such as Zamazenta and Zamazenta-C alongside eachother.

Expect more tiering announcements very very very soon. Again, we welcome any sort of metagame discusssion / criticism but please keep in mind that personal insults or ad hominems don't help further the progression of the metagame in any regard.

Tagging Kris

Last edited:
What exactly is a forme? This has been discussed in prior-gens (specifically Ubers regarding species clause). Is it exclusively a stat or typing change? What about a movepool change (Genesect Drives)? What about Aesthetic formes like Gastrodon East/West? or Vivillion. I realize this isn't the most relevant thing in the world but I remember this still being up in the air and the word "forme" doesn't actually clear it up.

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
What exactly is a forme? This has been discussed in prior-gens (specifically Ubers regarding species clause). Is it exclusively a stat or typing change? What about a movepool change (Genesect Drives)? What about Aesthetic formes like Gastrodon East/West? or Vivillion. I realize this isn't the most relevant thing in the world but I remember this still being up in the air and the word "forme" doesn't actually clear it up.
its just species clause. but if it has a different form, (look at Darm / Darm-zen) one of each can be allowed i believe.

its just species clause. but if it has a different form, (look at Darm / Darm-zen) one of each can be allowed i believe.
This doesn't really answer my question of what constitutes a form for the purposes of the clause. Genesect Drive forms have different sprites, require different items and have identical movepools but their Techno Blast changes type. Are those forms? Can I run six different styled Furfrous or Vivillions which are just aesthetic? (if yes, we need to further define what a form is).

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
This doesn't really answer my question of what constitutes a form for the purposes of the clause. Genesect Drive forms have different sprites, require different items and have identical movepools but their Techno Blast changes type. Are those forms? Can I run six different styled Furfrous or Vivillions?
well then, i don't think you can run things that have only visual changes, but genesect drives might work

a loser

is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
See this post for a good description of the Forme Clause.
The Immortal said:
Aesthetic changes, such as Gastrodon or Unown, are called forms. We define formes as Pokémon with more than just aesthetic differences - as Pokémon with stats or type changes. With that said, a GhostCeus that looks like a FightCeus is still a GhostCeus. Under Forme Clause, you should not be able to run two GhostCeus even if they look different. As for Magearna, it is purely aesthetic.
Formes most relevant to Balanced Hackmons are shown below. The Forme Clause allows you to use one of each on the same team.
:darmanitan-galar-zen: :darmanitan-zen:
:zacian: :zacian-crowned:
:zamazenta: :zamazenta-crowned:
:kyurem-black: :kyurem-white:
:necrozma-dawn-wings: :necrozma-dusk-mane:

Last edited:

a loser

1584981063545.png

Here's a reminder that the Dynamax suspect test is still on-going and will remain open until this Friday, March 27th.

There is still plenty of time to get the voting requirements, and I'd like to encourage anyone who is still interested in participating to go ahead and do so. It'll probably take about two days of laddering to get them unless you feel like devoting one day to knock it out.

Good luck to anyone actively trying to get reqs and anyone who tries to get them last minute. Happy laddering!

Alright, first up. Even tho Dynamaxing gets rid of the choice lock, it also gets rid of the effect, for example I have scarf kyurem and band cinderace, the kyurem will always outspeed right? then, they both decide to dynamax turn 23. The cinderace now suddenly outspeeds the kyurem, but does less damage. It's basically like having your item knocked off, so I don't see the OP thing there, plus the fact you are locked into the previous move again after 3 turns have passed

Second, you can only use it once per battle, like Z-moves. and Max moves aren't always stronger. For example focus miss will be 90 bp move after dynamax, while it usually is 120 bp

You can only use it 3 turns, and ur opponent gets it too, so I don't see the OP thing here. I mean, extreme evoboost isnt disabled by taunt if you use it the same turn, so dbond immunity isnt that big either

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HOLY SHIT GUYS GMU CAME BACK TO US

Darmanitan-Galar-Zen @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Copycat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
p neat disruptor, i havent tried it standalone and it'd be less effective in a species clause meta, but v-create's stat drops + darm's frailty means it can get off a dbond rly easily and if that doesnt work, it can just spam v-creates. it's a p cool set i'll prob try it on a new team soonish

Alright, first up. Even tho Dynamaxing gets rid of the choice lock, it also gets rid of the effect, for example I have scarf kyurem and band cinderace, the kyurem will always outspeed right? then, they both decide to dynamax turn 23. The cinderace now suddenly outspeeds the kyurem, but does less damage. It's basically like having your item knocked off, so I don't see the OP thing there, plus the fact you are locked into the previous move again after 3 turns have passed

Second, you can only use it once per battle, like Z-moves. and Max moves aren't always stronger. For example focus miss will be 90 bp move after dynamax, while it usually is 120 bp

You can only use it 3 turns, and ur opponent gets it too, so I don't see the OP thing here. I mean, extreme evoboost isnt disabled by taunt if you use it the same turn, so dbond immunity isnt that big either
  1. Temporarily disabling a choice item at will is much better than being knocked off. It means that your opponent has to be wary of your choice-locked mon even if it's locked into an unfavorable move.
  2. Max moves may not have the raw power of Z-moves, but you get up to three of them in a match instead of one, and their secondary effects can potentially be incredibly powerful, particularly setting up rain, sun, or an offensive terrain, or directly boosting power or speed. Crucially, these effects persist even after the Dynamax wears off, so even after the three-turn assault is over, you're still staring down a boosted threat who may or may not have just reactivated its choice boost. Oh, and keep in mind that your team is likely not in the best condition after enduring three turns of max moves.
  3. In addition to its snowball capability, Dynamax also gives its user a huge HP boost, allowing otherwise frailer offensive Pokemon to tank big hits and retaliate with max moves. This plays right back into the snowballing, because the extra bulk means the Dynamax train is even harder to stop.
  4. Dynamax isn't restricted by items like Z-moves were, so you can Dynamax whoever you want, whenever you want. No teambuilding trade off to balance it out.
  5. Extreme Evoboost was exclusive to Eevee, who no one is going to use. The only time anything else used it was in the early days of Gen 7 BH, before Z-moves were banned from being directly placed in moveslots.
Most of these points are applicable to Dynamax in general and not tailored to Balanced Hackmons specifically, but then again, the same applies to your post. If you want a more comprehensive explanation that I basically just regurgitated points from, I recommend checking out this post explaining why Dynamax was banned from OU.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
HOLY SHIT GUYS GMU CAME BACK TO US

Darmanitan-Galar-Zen @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Copycat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
p neat disruptor, i havent tried it standalone and it'd be less effective in a species clause meta, but v-create's stat drops + darm's frailty means it can get off a dbond rly easily and if that doesnt work, it can just spam v-creates. it's a p cool set i'll prob try it on a new team soonish
This reminds me of what I posted last gen with Alolan Marowak! So happy for you to have fun!

One thing I think would be cool would be to give it Focus Sash, so it can always survive the first V-Create, and then to provide it an option to hit Dark-types like Tyranitar and Umbreon, with Close Combat, which pairs nicely with the theme of V-Create lowering its Defenses, while also covering Flash Fire and Promordial Sea Steels.

After 2 V-Creates Tyranitar is faster, but if it comes in before that, or if you still have Focus Sash, you can threaten it with Close Combat and wallop it, since Dark-types block Prankster.

Encore is still good, but maybe as a slash!

Please suspect Darm-Galar-Zen... (And sorry for my poor English)

It doesn't have an ultimate check. Desolate Land band could Zamazenta / Ferroseed Psea are 2HKO by Close Combat and Seismitoad Fur Coat dies on Power Whip / Wood Hammer. Mold Breaker Band bypass all Fur Coat (Eternatus / Seismitoad) and Flash Fire (Zamazenta). Scarf lure version could lead and beat "faster" pokemon like Zeraora or Zacian-C. I have seen sometimes a Magic Guard version, who switch some power against a hazard invulnerability and no-lock move, and it could do a Shell Smash if the opponent switch on a check and kill it with a coverage move.
Also some weird sets (didn't work a lot but we must to talk a little about it), like Refrigerate or Prankster Copycat could exists, even if for me, this sets don't cause me troubles.

Even if Forme clause nerf it, you must often bring 2 soft check against Band Darm-GZ if you don't want be beaten by one of his coverage set. Also, it is the most dangerous pokemon with a Dynamax and I think the trouble was not Dynamax but Darm-GZ. You must run a solid physical defensive core to handle it or pray for the opponent Darm doesn't run the coverage that threatens you. Run "Protect move" could be usefull to check the locked move
but it will still threaten pokemons who will not play this kind of move.

I think Darm-GZ is too powerful, restricted too much the teambuilding to handle it efficiently, and deserves a suspect, and probably a ban.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)