CAP 27 - PRC Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
READ THIS FIRST.

You do not need to apply to the CAP PRC in order to participate in CAP events. All polls and discussion threads in this forum are open for public use; the PRC serves an entirely different function that is separate from the current CAP process.
We haven't done one of these threads in a while! Although we've decided that CAP27 won't begin until after Gen8 has been released, there is a lot to discuss with regards to the CAP process, how this forum is run, and just general "quality of life" changes that we'd like to implement to improve the project. Apply to discuss these issues with us, or chat about it with us on our Discord channel.

This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, you cannot view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! It's a great place to read the opinions of some of the most seasoned CAP veterans.

Please stuff as much relevant information about yourself as you can in these applications; a short few lines will no longer suffice. In terms of guidance, it would be wise to describe a) your CAP experience, b) your Smogon experience, and c) your Pokemon experience. To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions. I cannot stress this enough: please take time to fill out your application thoroughly. Also, recall that this is a rolling application, meaning that you can apply whenever it is convenient for you to do so.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Note that significant work within the Policy Review Committee could earn you a Community Contributor badge. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP27 Policy Review Committee

againa
Birkal
Broken Phobias
Bughouse
Deck Knight
DHR-107
Dogfish44
DougJustDoug
Empress
EpicUmbreon29
faithviolet
Frostbiyt
G-Luke
GMars
Granny Pie
Gross Sweep
Jho
Jordy
Kris
LucarioOfLegends
Mova
Mx
nyttyn
Okamu
Quanyails
quizel
Reviloja753
SHSP
Snorlax in the way
Sunfished
Wulfanator72
cbrevan
jas61292
pokehimon
reachzero
snake_rattler

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. We can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

Streamlining the process and deciding the meta for CAP24 will be our most important topics this cycle. We're open for other topics as you have them, so please let a CAP moderator know if you're interested in making a new thread about our policy!

Last edited:
hey i'm mova and you fellows most likely know me form the discord

But seriously, I've added another few designs submitted to my resumé of CAP stuff, but I haven't done much outside of flavor. As usual, I'd like to help with whatever I can regardless.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
:wave:

If you know me, it's either from movepools or Discord. I've been PRC active for a while, with a focus on things which need more immediate action, such as the discussion on main forum usage, how we can use FlashCAPs in the interim, and so on. I can also provide insight on anything related to movepools that pops up - as I imagine that subject has a chance to do so in GEN8 updates.

... I also occasionally mess up my phrasing and stuff, go figure.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You know me as a crusty veteran of both cap and the prc. I probably won’t have anything to say until gen viii comes out and preparations for the next cap gets underway, but I might as well ask for access now.

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
Lemme just update my last PRC app real quick:

Hi, my name is Frostbiyt and I'm an alcoholic(Can I double strike something? that was struck out in my original post) and I would like to join the PRC. I've been sort of following the CAP project for a few years(I've been checking the site for updates periodically since I discovered it during gen 5) and I started participating in the discussions towards the beginning of Jumbao's process. I have been pretty active in both the process and the metagame for a while now on the CAP ladder since about the time I started contributing to the discussion(lmao, CAP ladder), I've participated in a lot of few tournaments so far, contributed to CAP analyses, and I am have recently become active on the CAP discord and PS room in both the process and the metagame discussions.

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Name: Wulfanator72
Profession: Couch potato

I guess I should post a proper resume instead of what I had before.

My involvement in CAP started with Crucibelle. I lurked in the polls on an old account I no longer have access to. I wanted to better understand the process before being an active contributor. I eventually joined the discord during the development of Jumbao. I gravitated towards flavor and, now, spend most of my time there.

Most of my contributions are idea generation. I like to provide alternate takes on what could be and let others take it from there. Trace on Jumbao was something I had initially brought up in the discord as a potential “sand” ability as it interacted well with a lot of potential threats to sand teams. Others propelled the argument better than I ever could. It was proud of this moment as it directed the conversation away from just considering obvious sand abilities. I also provided Quanyails with ideas that eventually lead the the creation of the name Smokomodo.

Other things I find notable about my time in CAP include, a strong presence in the typing discussion of our starters, being a strong supporter of galvanize on Caribolt, providing art subs for 24 & 25g, and sprite submissions for 24 and 26.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! My name’s Rev. I joined Smogon right around when this current generation started, and I gravitated towards Pet Mods and CAP. In the former, I have risen through the ranks and now run what is (or at least was) arguably the most popular Pet Mod of them all, Fusion Evolution. Here in CAP, I am here to take one step further up the ladder today by joining PRC. In CAP, I came around in the middle of Aurumoth’s update (Lol Illusion). I struggled at first, suggesting a custom ability and such, but I eventually learned. I took a major part in Voodoom’s update, as well as helping out with Revenankh and Malaconda. In terms of full CAP processes, my first one was Pajantom’s process, in which I was very much the voice of concern in the room over the overlord of the time in Tomohawk and making absolutely sure that we hard countered it. I also was the person who invented the use of Heal Block during the moveset stage, which now is a major player in Pajantom’s role today. In Jumbao’s process, I was very much involved in discussions on Discord, as well as being the person who popularized Trace as Jumbao’s secondary ability. CAP25 was a bit of an off period for me, due to the overwhelming nature of three different Pokémon, but I did what I could, mainly during movepools, where I helped Dogfish make the winning movepools for Caribolt and Snaelstrom. As for this latest process, I continued to mainly discuss on Discord, while occasionally posting here and there, mainly in typing this time iirc. Aside from that, I have recently been doing lots of work in regards to FlashCAP, even being the TL for the latest one, Eskimamba. My Pokémon experiences trace back to Gen 6 and Pokémon Y. I absolutely fell in love with the series and have been following it ever since. As we go into an unknown horizon with the upcoming generation, I want to help CAP be in the best position possible going forward. I hope you guys consider me for PRC. Have a lovely day!

Howdy all, I'm Okamu. I started participating in CAP mostly with lurk-voting during Kerfluffle, but got much more involved during Pajantom's process. I kept up with the process up through starters, where new college responsibilities and *three CAPs at once* kind of overwhelmed me. So, I stepped back until that process concluded and came back to active with Equilibra. I also played in CAP Survivor season one and if you meet me on the PS ladder you'll probably be facing some type of field effect team since that's my favorite playstyle Praise be to Fidgit. Now that I'm on break and my next semester looks relatively more tame I hope to get back into the swing of things with even more swing than before!

Hi! I'm Granny Pie, member of the CAP Social Media team, and a fun, active member of CAP and their associated projects since the middle of Kerfluffle. Since then, I've been heavily involved in the CAP Updates, in the Pajantom process, the Jumbao process, and the CAP25 process, being the maker of the "Starter CAP" framework. I play the ladder whenever I'm on PS!, which is close to once a day, and remain active in the CAP Discord and the CAP Room whenever I'm online. I've been apart of countless tournaments, events, and games, such as CAPTTIV and V, CAP Survivor Seasons 1 and 2, and many CAP Metagame tournaments. I've also been a part of PRC since mid-2018, and have contributed to discussions and votes in my time.
Exploring what we're able to do for the break between now and Generation 8 is very important to me, and I'm going to be contributing to whatever discussions or projects we end up undertaking, as a veteran working with other veterans.
Thank you for the consideration, and for all these years of CAP!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm looking to get accepted into PRC after my last PRC application was back for 23 or 24 I think. Not entirely sure but its been a while either way. I'm a ZU voice and I have a good amount of competitive knowledge.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Going to repost my most recent PRC application with some minor updates.

Hello everyone, my name is MrDollSteak Pokehimon and I would like to apply for PRC.

I became active in CAP during CAP 25, starting off by immediately submitting the winning sprite for Snaelstrom, although I have been a long time lurker since Gen 4. While I joined quite late in the process of CAP 25, and CAP more generally, I took a particular interest in the flavour stages of CAP 25 due to the interesting framework of creating Starter Pokemon, and became invested in the designs and felt the need to contribute. I since continued my involvement by engaging in the name and movepool stages, and later on into the prevo process. I have since gone on to submit the winning sprites for Fawnifer and Electrelk, the shinies for Fawnifer, Electrelk, Swirlpool and Coribalis, the names Swirlpool, Coribalis and our most recent CAP, Equilibra. I have also started to gain some experience with modeling, and made the texture map for Equilibra thanks to Tomomon's great help.

It is during the CAP 26 process however, that I have become more active in the competitive stages as well, submitting a slated Stat Spread, and engaging in a range of discussion across other stages, which has lead me to take a further interest in CAP as a whole. Equilibra's process was an exciting one for me, as it has allowed me to gain more insight into the various parts of the CAP process in more detail, and I would love to continue to contribute to the community by taking a more active role in shaping the future of the project. I look forward to helping tighten up resources during the break, particularly by assisting with the Gen 4 Prevos.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP moderators are not required to create applications for the Policy Review Committee. However, I think it's in good taste for them to reapply every so often to show the community their activity and commitment to the project. Here is my application.

I am Birkal, the current head moderator of the Create-A-Pokemon Project and Smogon Super Moderator. I've been in this position on the site since 2012, taking a brief break in 2017. Although I started contributing to the OU forum as a moderator, I started collaborating with CAP at the start of Necturna (CAP13) and transitioned to the position of CAP moderator immediately afterwards. Since then, I have championed some of the major changes that have come to define CAP, including streamlining the process of Concept Submissions, proposing that the CAP community build for the CAP metagame instead of OU, and collaborating with DougJustDoug on the creation of Topic Leadership Team. Other notable accomplishments include creating the CAP metagame forum, implementing the CAP Contributor badge, and representing CAP in Smogon Senior Staff.

Each CAP moderator performs a sort of specific "function" within our team, and while we all are capable of moderating all aspects of CAP, we usually let one moderator "take point" on aspects of the project; examples of this would be DHR-107 leading the pre-evolution process and snake_rattler heading up CAP analyses. I tend to work a bit more behind the scenes, but my contributions there are threefold. First, I am largely responsible for all nominations related to CAP badges, including CAP Contributor, CAP Community Contributor, and CAP Moderator. While other moderators are more than welcome to make nominations (and they comment on all nominations before I post them live in Inside Scoop), I have traditionally been the one who keeps tabs on every CAP user and their contributions to the project. Second, as Head Moderator, I am "in charge" of all CAP mods, meaning it's my responsibility to make sure the team is working well together and to field complaints. CAP moderators are typically extremely responsible and self-driven, but I am available to guide and advise all moderators. Finally, I have served as the head of the CAP Policy Review Committee, moving nominations forward and keeping threads in the forum relatively active. It's no secret that I dislike this aspect of my position, but I feel that the PRC is something important to CAP and should be kept running and democratic.

My contributions don't stop there. I have published articles about CAP in the Smog several times. I've hosted at least three major tournaments in Smogon's Tournament forum for CAP, be they playtest tournaments or just friendly CAP tours. I am currently a Room Owner (#) in the CAP Project Room on Pokemon Showdown (although I intend to step down shortly), as I am the one who initially coordinated with Zarel to implement CAPs on Pokemon Showdown back in 2012. I collaborate with Quanyails frequently on the running of our CAP Discord and the implementation of rooms for specific teams of people. I initiated the concept of CAP Celebrations and the creation of three CAP starters for our first one. Finally, I host a CAP Team Tournament team (The Jumbo Jumbaos) and actively participate in most CAP tournaments.

As a CAP Contributor, I participate in the CAP process itself actively. I tend to post towards the start of CAP processes, with some competitive posts from the CAP26 process viewable here, here, here, and here. Similar posts can be found by me dating back to Necturna (CAP13). I am particularly infamous for submitting concepts that are divisive and get people talking, including Celebrity Entourage, Fairylicious, Fully Uncompetitive, and Z-Crystal Zealot. I submitted the winning stats for Malaconda back in Generation 5, but have otherwise not won any competitive slates. On the flavor side, I have frequented Art Poll 2 thrice with my designs of a UFO (5th), a softshell turtle, and a corn reaper (3rd). Finally, I coined the name Caribolt and have made several popular name submissions.

I would like to participate in the CAP Policy Review Committee because I care very deeply about this project and the creation of competitively viable Pokemon. Thanks for reading!

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am reachzero. My CAP experience can be traced as far back as the Syclant playtest, but I have been more actively involved with CAP since Kitsunoh. I am a respected CAP user competitively, having won multiple USUM CAP tournaments, and in terms of the process. I was the TL for Tomohawk and the craziness that was CAP 25, and my concept (Utility Counter) was chosen for Krilowatt. I have also been on several other TLTs, notably as Stats Leader for Pajantom and Jumbao. I am a former CAP moderator, and former Smogon super moderator. I led the 7th generation update processes for Tomohawk and Aurumoth. I was Tier Leader for OU in Generation 5, and Tier Leader for UU in Generation 4.

I look forward to contributing further to the CAP process and metagame, particularly as we adjust to the undoubtedly odd new circumstances of Generation 8!

Hey I'm Snorlax, everyone in CAP knows me for better or worse, go figure. I am applying to be a PRC member after being accepted last time. I've been around cap for nearly four years; I watched Crucibelle and have at minimum indirectly participated in every cap since its creation. I have also participated in the metagame aspect of cap since before CAPTT II, and have vast knowledge in many various metagames which equip me with the knowledge to tackle the situations and problems that the project as a whole has to face. I'm known to be pretty divisive with hottakes and post very longwinded posts on topics I care about. I also actively vote on PRC issues (with the most recent vote being on delaying all future cap creations until generation 8) and discuss most topics that come up with the various other well respected user in the community (generally in a 1 on 1 setting, but not excluding group interaction with said community members). Some of the things I've advocated for include a metagame council, which we now have, and various other integral steps in cap history (participating in CAP Updates [integral knowledge in helping cap if you ask me] and advocating for nerfs far before they ever became feasible in the eyes of the community.) I'm a pretty opinionated individual, who challenges the project to think before it moves, and although I've mellowed out in my retirement from competitive play, I not only continue to hold that philosophy, but I also continue to keep up with the goings on in both the competitive and creation scenes. When i'm not busy being serious, I proper submit things to the process such as concepts and dex entries, or do other fun stuff like a yearly CAP Christmas team as a gift. In short, I'm an opinionated member of the old man yells at clouds club, who wishes for the community to continue to keep CAP moving forward in the right direction as we have been with introspective reflection and insightful decision-making. Thank you for consideration.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm Quanyails!

I currently:
  • Moderate the CAP Project forum
  • Own the CAP Discord server
I have:
  • Written Vote4CAP, the polling script that would be used as a foundation for CAP's current polling script
  • Aggregated CAP art during CAP art submissions from CAPs 16 - 20
  • Set up a test Pokemon Showdown! server for CAPs 25 - 26
  • Created Gen. VII-style party icons for most CAPs
  • Made contributions to early CAP 3D modeling, including creating Cawmodore's assets and Naviathan's model
  • Made 53 submissions to CAP art + sprites as of date
  • Made submissions to other parts of CAP, including concept, ability, names, Pokedex, and Gen. VII updates

Birkal

We have the technology.
Updated. This means that I've also removed all CAP26 PRC members' access to posting in CAP Policy Review.

Let me specify what that means, because some users have misinterpreted how PRC membership works. I did not remove access from people that I hate, or that I feel aren't deserving of rights to post in Policy Review. No, I simply remove access because you did not apply in this thread to be on the CAP27 PRC. Therefore, if you'd like to have access, simply reapply in this thread. If you are lazy, feel free to copy/paste your previous application with updates -- that is totally acceptable. If you have an issue with this process, feel free to start a PR thread about it, or request a moderator to start a PR thread for you via PM.

So again, please don't take removal as some sort of affront against you personally. It's just how the PRC works, so if you'd like to have access, reapply to have your voice be heard!

Hello, my name is Jordy and I'd like to be part of the CAP27 PRC. I do various things around CAP, such as hosting a few threads in the metagame forum, contributing to the VR as a VR council member, and posting about the state of the metagame every now and again. To add onto that, I also moderate CAP Analyses and was part of the TLT team for CAP 26 as the Ability leader. I'm also part of the CAP Council, so I think it'd be important for me to be able to talk in CAP Policy Review if it ever concerns us. I've also done pretty well in one of the most recent tournaments, the Official CAP Tour, where I reached finals, if that matters at all.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey I'm G-Luke. Everyone here knows me already so I'll keep it short.

I've contributed alot to CAP in the time I've been here and wish to continue to be able to contribute to important discussion

It's me, Jho
Like a lot of our other contributors, I do various things around the CAP and CAP meta subforums such as hosting the sample teams thread, being a part of multiple teams within the cap metagame sub, such as VR and metagame council, as well as being a QC member for both ORAS and SM analysis, as well as CAPs flying press articles. Most recently I have TLTd for CAP26, become a Room Moderator in the PS room and am currently managing a CAPTT team, the Surging Snaelstroms.

I'll leave it there since most people know me, but I have a lot I would like to discuss here in PRC before gen 8 roles around!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hello, my name is Gross Sweep, and I'd like to apply to the CAP 27 PRC. I guess I'll start off by giving a little bit of my history as a member of Smogon as a whole before moving into CAP, as CAP has been a more recent venture for me. I joined Smogon in 2015, but didn't start posting with any sort of regularity until late 2016 early 2017. I fell in love with the RMT section, mainly rating OU, and have stuck with the forum ever since. After a lot of hard work I now lead the forum, and couldn't be prouder of my role in helping that forum continue to shine. My role in RMT is how I actually came across the CAP community. I saw the little news bulletin on Showdown about the release of Jumbao, and thought that it would be interesting to look into possibly adding a CAP header in the Otherteams section of RMT. The idea was that it would increase traffic to RMT, while also giving CAP contributors an option to branch out within the site, possibly earn another badge, and even increase their own forum traffic as new users looking through the RMT forum might see a CAP team and want to see what the meta is all about. However, when I started doing a bit of digging, and reaching out to a few of the cap higher ups I started to see that resources for CAP outside of process related tasks were minimal. After some discussion with Ironbullet we realized there was no way CAP would provide enough traffic to warrant its own tag. That said the little search through the forum had done enough to catch my eye, and I decided to give CAP a try.

I started officially contributing to CAP at the beginning of CAP 25. I posted in pretty much every thread, and with the exception of one post Reachzero had to moderate for some poll jumping I feel I did a good job bringing a more competitive mindset to the process. I'm still honored by the fact my contributions were deemed worthy of the CAP Contributor badge after 1 process. Since then I've stayed active contributing to the process for CAP 26, making posts in the metagame discussion thread, and have participated in the two past CAP team tours.

I feel my growing experience in the cap forum, where I feel I'm finally starting to get a good feel about operations, along with my experience as a leader elsewhere within the Smogon community make me an ideal candidate for the CAP 27 PRC. Since I'll be honest in saying that there are definitely more than a few areas of CAP that I feel could be improved, and I believe being a part of this committee will help me start to help bring about the possibility of positive change within the process and the forum.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hi, better do one these I guess.

Name's LucarioOfLegends, and I have been a part of the CAP community since the end of Kerfluffle's Process, and have in CAP gor the entirety of Gen 7.

I am mostly active in the CAP community during gen 7 and am also Driver in the Pokemon Showdown Room. In terms of Forum Process, I was ability leader for Pajantom, and have been active in every other process this generation.

Hope my application will be considered!

Hiya, name's Umbreon / Epic / EpicUmbreon / Umby / whatever you want to call me, and I'd like to apply for the CAP 27 PRC!

I've been around CAP for almost 6 years now and been playing Pokemon for probably 16, and some past successes include co-hosting CAPTT IV and being the Typing Leader for CAP 25. I'm also a moderator in the CAP Room on Showdown, and I'm here cause I'd really like to see CAP continue to improve and grow.

Thank you for your consideration; hopefully my application isn't too late!

Hi, I'd like to apply for the PRC. I go by either Violet or Faith, whichever you prefer.

I've participated heavily in each step of CAP25 except movepool, and also in the early stages of CAP 26, including having submitted a Framework which got past the first cut for CAP 25, and a slated Stat Spread for 25F. I've also been spectating the processes off and on for quite a while; starting from around Colossoil I've read through miscellaneous process threads and starting from partway through gen 5 played with each of the CAPs as released.

I'm not a top-tier metagame player, but am quite active on ladder, with almost 700 CAP matches on one of my alts, and have won one or two room tournaments. Every so often I focus on climbing the ladder and can get to around 1400, sometimes higher.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Birkal said:
feel free to copy/paste your previous application with updates -- that is totally acceptable
Hey all, I'm GMars. After a great time during the processes of CAP 25 and CAP 26, I'd like to reapply to the PRC to discuss my thoughts and work on optimizations. I've been involved in the CAP metagame since winning CAP TT 3, earning a spot in the CAP Hall of Fame. During and after this experience, I became involved in the process for CAP 25, really enjoying the aspect of analysis the process brings. Here are some examples of posts I made during CAP 25:

Concept Submission discussion: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-2-concept-submissions.3638503/post-7833141
Suggestion of and justification for Fire / Ground based on Concept Assessment discussion and metagame placement: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ndary-typings-discussion.3639266/post-7854446
CAP 25f switch-in analysis: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-5-threats-discussion.3639996/#post-7868679
CAP 25g switch-in analysis: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-5-threats-discussion.3639996/page-3#post-7873741
End of threats discussion revisions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-5-threats-discussion.3639996/page-3#post-7875523 - selected as goals for later project stages https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-5-threats-discussion.3639996/post-7876557
Justification of Galvanize for CAP 25g: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...itive-ability-discussion.3640396/post-7879724
CAP 25w slated stat submission: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-stat-spread-submissions.3641271/post-7899007

Since then, I've also TLT'd for CAP 26, leading the typing stage. Here's some example posts from CAP 26:
Concept Assessment: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-1-concept-assessment.3647749/page-3#post-8065180
Typing: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-2-typing-discussion.3648182/#post-8066662, https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-2-typing-discussion.3648182/page-3#post-8068842, https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-2-typing-discussion.3648182/page-3#post-8069121, https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-2-typing-discussion.3648182/page-3#post-8072492
Threats Discussion: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-3-threats-discussion.3648462/#post-8085085, https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-3-threats-discussion.3648462/#post-8086266
Stat Limits Discussion: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-5-stat-limits-discussion.3649181/#post-8103613
Secondary Ability Discussion: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...dary-ability-discussion.3650008/#post-8124645
Moveset Discussion: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-8-moveset-discussion.3650235/#post-8130086
In defense of Rapid Spin: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-8-moveset-discussion.3650235/page-2#post-8133403

Outside of CAP, I have significant experience in policy for Smogon and Showdown. I co-lead OU's side of the Smogdex analysis project, helping to decide with my team which sets deserve analyses, how they should be written, how writers for key analyses should be chosen, and maintaining the overall quality of the subforum. I've been involved in recent discussions on revising our policies on fluff in analyses and our policies on incidents surrounding plagiarism. As a quality control leader and a GP member, I'm also responsible for content quality across a wide range of Smogon's platforms, including articles for The Flying Press and Social Media posts. I also moderate the OU subforum itself, handling policy on forum projects, the most visited thread on Smogon in the OU VR, and upcoming and ongoing tournamnets. This moderation extends outside of Smogon into Showdown, which involves a good amount of discussion around room policies outside of day-to-day chat moderation, as well as recently taking ownership of the Help room. I'd like to continue bringing my policy history and experience to CAP to improve what's already a solid process going forward, especially to help in deciding CAP's direction during the pre-gen 8 downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)