The Official "Complain about being beat by Seattle Defense" Thread

1) Sanchez sucks
2) The Jets also have to cover Washington and Wright
3) If Kerley is the only decent target, the Titans can just bracket coverage over him all night

1) Sanchez sucks
2) The Jets also have to cover Washington and Wright
3) If Kerley is the only decent target, the Titans can just bracket coverage over him all night

Alright, alright, I'm convinced. Let's pray Britt catches a couple TDs...or something...maybe <_<

Someone in my NarFFL league was in an elimination game to make the playoffs a couple weeks ago, so he dropped Shady McCoy to pick up someone else.

I attempted to pick him up off the waiver wire, but of course as the top seed I was last in the waiver order. The guy who would win the #6 seed picked him up of course, and who else am I playing in the championship game?

If this move makes me lose the championship I am going to be incredibly PO'd. It's not like the guy didn't already have Davone Bess, Danny Woodhead, or Bilal Powell that he could have dropped... nope, drop the best running back on the team, because he won't play this week.

Need advice in setting a lineup this week, thanks guys!

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D/ST, 1 Kicker, standard league

Roster:

QB:
Matt Ryan vs Lions
Josh Freeman vs Rams

RB:
Trent Richardson vs Broncos
Knowshown Moreno vs Browns
Vick Ballard vs Chiefs
David Wilson vs Ravens
LeSean McCoy vs Redskins
Bryce Brown vs Redskins

WR:
Victor Cruz vs Ravens
Roddy White vs Lions
Brandon Marshall vs Cardinals
Cecil Shorts vs Patriots

TE:
Jason Witten vs Saints
Dennis Pitta vs Giants

D/ST:
49ers D/ST vs Seahawks
Chargers D/ST vs Jets
(Can also go and pick up Bengals D/ST vs Steelers)

Kicker
Matt Bryant vs Lions

Matt Ryan at QB

Trent Richardson at RB1
Knowshon Moreno at RB2 (McCoy is an option, but he'll see limited snaps because they don't want him to get hurt. Plus the Broncos should be in "keep Peyton safe" mode, so they'll run the ball more)

Brandon Marshall at WR1
Victor Cruz at WR2

Cecil Shorts at FLEX (Going with my gut here, Roddy is flaky and Henne likes to go to Shorts a lot. Either work here though.)

Jason Witten at TE

Chargers DEF

Matt Bryant at K

Pretty easy choices here, except your RB2 and FLEX spots. You're not suffering at any position though, so you are in the fortunate situation of having OPTIONS.

Matt Ryan at QB

Trent Richardson at RB1
Knowshon Moreno at RB2 (McCoy is an option, but he'll see limited snaps because they don't want him to get hurt. Plus the Broncos should be in "keep Peyton safe" mode, so they'll run the ball more)

Brandon Marshall at WR1
Victor Cruz at WR2

Cecil Shorts at FLEX (Going with my gut here, Roddy is flaky and Henne likes to go to Shorts a lot. Either work here though.)

Jason Witten at TE

Chargers DEF

Matt Bryant at K

Pretty easy choices here, except your RB2 and FLEX spots. You're not suffering at any position though, so you are in the fortunate situation of having OPTIONS.

Thanks Waterbomb! I have been thinking the same, the only indecision I am having is the possibility of playing Cecil Shorts at the WR2 and then Vick Ballard at the Flex. This takes out Cruz who is a great player but a bit inconsistent and I feel like Shorts will put up strong numbers as the Jags will fall behind and opt to pass a lot vs the Pats and Ballard will get a lot of work vs the Chiefs. Any thoughts on how you'd feel about this

Well, given that the Giants put up such a bad performance last week, they'll be extra motivated to make a statement this week. The Ravens pass rush is virtually nonexistent (more so if Suggs stays out), so Eli will literally have all day to throw. Cruz is a must start in this situation in my opinion.

As for Ballard, no no no NO! You have absolutely no reason to stick Ballard in your flex spot when you have guys like Shorts and White available, or even LeSean McCoy. A matchup against the Chefs is tempting, but the Clots are simply not a running team. You're better off going with guys who are featured on their teams (Shorts, White, McCoy) rather than a guy whose success depends on the lead his team has.

I agree with everything WB said, except really it's a tossup between Cruz and Roddy at WR#3. Marshall is a must start, and Shorts is primed for a big game. Both Cruz and Roddy have been shaky (for the past 5 games, Cruz: 2/9/10/18/1 Roddy: 12/5/2/17/1 points scored), but if I had to choose one I'd probably go with Cruz.

I'm a little indecisive myself. In the event Bradshaw doesn't play for the Giants, would you start David Wilson over Darren Sproles? I already have Brees on my team, the Ravens' defense hasn't been great (the Cowboys' has), and even though the offense was terrible last week he wasn't that bad in limited action. I'd be worried about Kregg Lumpkin stealing his carries like he did last week against the Falcons, though. The past couple weeks, Sproles has been completely TD-reliant for his production, so I can't decide :x

Nah, roll with Sproles. Even as the feature back Wilson is a meh play at best, whereas Sproles should get you decent PPR numbers every game, even without TDs.

Looks like I'm predicted to lose by a few to Aldaron in the money league. Missed out on the playoffs in League C, though that doesn't surprise me considering injuries and underperforming throughout the whole season. However, I do have one advice thing:

Mike Williams vs. St. Louis
or
Jacoby Jones vs. New York Giants

Obviously, the Rams have the worse defense. However, Jacoby Jones does get points for returns, and Mike Williams does have a wrist injury. My gut is telling me to go with Jacoby Jones, though I really don't know what to do.

I had spent most of the year regretting bypassing AP in the 2nd+3rd rounds of my money league. My reasoning was that I had him last year, and I really didn't want to be screwed by him two years in a row.

The guys I picked up in his place, Jamaal Charles and Roddy White, are willing their ways to a victory for me this week!

Played Megatron in both leagues where I'm in the championship game, so it's definitely not looking good on that end. Step Dads (BiGGiE?) is mercilessly crushing me in League C. I will need a Seattle DST style game from Denver's DST if I want to have a chance!

So is this now the official "Complain about being ABSOLUTELY WHORED by Arian Foster" thread? Because he lost me my freaking championship game. What in the fuck.

Beat Justin in the auction league, and beating Killah in League C with only his Marshawn Lynch to go versus my 25 point lead. Hope Wilson runs in every TD

I now have a problem with Arian Foster and Victor Cruz, probably cost me the 5th place game in my other league. Also, the decision to start Jacoby Jones (8.01) over Mike Williams (25.50) wasn't a great decision either.

In League C, Aldaron smashed me in the 3rd place game. Only way I could've improved there would have been starting Andre Roberts over Victor Cruz, but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

I was down by 25 in league C with only Marshawn, and was up by 30 with Seattle's D against Wilson/Marshawn. Figured I was screwed in the second one, but Seattle's D just got me 12 points with that blocked kick!

Now I'm down by 8 in league C and up by 32, though in the latter I can expect Seattle's D to lose a couple points at least.

CIxp4.png

DNIm1.png

And I complete my Smogon fantasy year with 2 3rd place finishes and a 4th in A/B/C. Meh. I should get an extra trophy for that considering I had to go through 2 of those leagues with Eli as my QB for the year. FUCK ELI MANNING.

And Carlos Delfino. Cause always fuck Carlos Delfino.

Anyways League A 4 year run of 1st/3rd/2nd/3rd..................must get back on top next year.

Also suggesting we make League A a keeper's league starting new year kthx!

Back