The World Cup of Pokemon V - Signup Thread [UPDATED With Captains(Post #2)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question that has been asked several times:

The tiers for each round of the tournament will be based off the current standard ladder at the start of the round. Once a round starts, the tiers are locked.

This means that Round 1 will be for sure as the current standard ladder is, with salamence in OU.

Then if Salamence is banned by the Smogon Council, Salamence will be banned for Round 2 and onwards.

To all those Oceania applicants that we haven't seen yet - you'll want to find us at #ocn on IRC. We've already been playing and getting to know each other a fair bit but there's still time to make a last minute impression!

West is holding tryouts mostly today and tomorrow, we might be able to accomodate you later, but it's best to get it done in that time frame. We'll be seeing you in #uswest.

yes please post match results here. I would like both teams to confirm the result also.

while I am here I might as well post to mention this years site is finally updated, check it out.

World Cup Site

Shoddybattle Username: phils nutssmall / itachi109
Country/State of Residence: georgia, united states
Nationality: chinese american :D
Other Eligibility:
so... south?

Last few days coming up before deadline. Seriously, if you do not come on a form of irc to contact me, you will not get on. No exceptions what so ever. And if you don't even check this topic to read this message, you are DEFINITELY not getting in.

@ The Chaser: I know it, I just want to know their nicknames on Smogon, to communicate myself with them, mostly important Julius nickname.

@ CarloO: Ok, but you have to talk to your opponent, try to find him he is always online.

@ Mako: Thanks, our timezone is GMT -3 for everyone of our team (there are two timezones here in Brazil), my doubt is if a player from their side lives in another country.

Any doubt, PM me, I'll be happy to help you guys find your opponent, as I need to find my opponent too.
Team Brazil should atleast have an IRC channel I see your on #LA alot why not make one for your team.

Shoddybattle Username: Samurai Tacho, niPWNji
Country/State of Residence: USA/New York
Nationality: Black/Indian/Chinese (Nice mix huh?)

Many people have been trying out, but tomorrow USA East will be holding a tryout tournament at 4 PM (and possibly another one at a later time) to decide the final few spots. If that time doesn't work for you, then don't worry because we'll probably be hosting a couple more after that just to get a good idea of who the good players are. So if you want to play for East, make sure you're on IRC tomorrow.

One more slot is available for a starting position on our roster, one left for sub. If you want a spot, contact me ASAP! Tomorrow is likely the last day to contact me

@ Scimjara: We actually don't use mIRC that much, we are using a chat group on MSN as our base for team building, testings and all that stuff. Sometimes I'm on #la to talk with Mizuno or Hanke about some players that might interest us and at the same time I try to be on #bigs just in case there are any news about SPL...

Resuming, we don't have any interest in making a mIRC channel, as MSN Chat groups are more private and everyone uses it in Brazil, so we can continue using it in our team building.

strong strong metro has 4 slots that are pretty much open. if you want to try and get those last slots make sure you're on irc over the next couple days and we'll hold some form of tryouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back