Referee Resource Thread

This does not looks hard at all,while i am likely to do a few mistakes here and there at first (and a few grammar mistakes,this isnt my first language) ,it is worth giving it a shot....i shall gladly ask for a sub-ref if ,during a battle,i realise i am just not cut out for this.

Name:
Matezoide
Timezone: EST (GMT -3)
Availability: I will be online at least once a day,normaly more than that.

So far I've loved ASB, and I think I have enough imagination to write good flavor and am on enough to be a good ref!
Name: Espeon65
Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Availability: I am on extremely frequently, weekdays from about 3 PM to 9 PM-ish and weekends from about 9 AM to 9 PM.

P.S. Do you have to be approved to be a ref, like you have to be to become an ASB battler in the first place? Or can you just write here, and then immediately start reffing battles?

I might as well be a ref.
Name: TIO
Time Zone: EST aka GMT-5
Activity: Generally once a day, though I miss a day every now and then.
None.

None.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Suddenly out pops a ref from an odd timezone.

Name: ZhengTann (or Zt for short)
Timezone: GMT +8
Availability: Once per day during weekdays, sometimes less on weekends.

Note: If you have large matches (4v4 and above) that require reffing, drop me a PM with the relevant details. I will gladly be of service.

Last edited:
Oh look timezone friends.

Box
Time Zone: GMT (+8)
Availability: Generally active, though sometimes schoolwork randomly swamps me and I might ref -slightly- over time.
Willing to Ref: I ref anything, though I prefer Hall, Singles and Doubles. I'm a speedy ref, so if at anytime somebody wants a blazing fast 1v1 quickie, I'm your go-to guy.

A whole bunch

When I have time I'll fill this in.

Let's get back into the swing of things!
Mon-Fri: 18.00-23.00 (variable, but at least once a day I'm in)
Sat-Sun: Pretty much all day (more likely late morning/early afternoon)

Completed battles:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3428079
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103210
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103435
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103480
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447339
Ongoing battles:

Name: Lock
Timezone: Central (GMT -6)
Availability: Usually at least once a day for weekdays but more for weekends.

[noparse]Pre-Round 1
TrainerX

Pokemon [nickname] (gender) @Item
HP: | EN: 100
Stats: X/X/X/X/XX
Size: X | Weight: X
Other:
vs.
TrainerY

Other:
Arena notes:​

FLAVOR

Speed Order:

Action 1

Action 2

Action 3

Summary:

Post-Round 1
TrainerX

Other:
vs.
TrainerY

Other:
Arena notes:​

Turn Order:
TrainerX orders.
TrainerY orders.
I ref.[/noparse]

I'm only in my first two battles, but I've read dozens of your guys' previous battles and done several practice computations, so I feel confident that I know what to do. I also love writing so I'll be sure to add flavor to the battles. If I'm not experienced enough to be approved for reffing, just let me know and I'll try again in the future.

Name: VentusVictory(But you could call me Ven)
Time Zone: EST -5
Activity: I check multiple times a day, more frequently on Fri-Sun and at nights (after 4 pm) on weekdays. I tend to stay up late, so my most active hours are between 9 pm and 1 am.
Slot 1: Leethoof vs. UllarWarlord
Slot 2:
Slot 3:

I was going to wait until I had more than a few battles under my belt, but I definitely want to get into reffing.

Name: Biobizbarto (BBB)
Time Zone: EST GMT-5
Availability: Pretty much everyday pretty frequently. More reliably in the afternoons and nights

None

I would love to be a part of this community.

Name: Faylion
Time Zone: GMT -5
Availability: Frequent through out long periods of the days, but may take 2-3 day hiatus

Weather: Clear

Field: Clear

**Clear**
HP 100/100
EN 100/100
OK
VS
Field: Clear

**Clear**
HP 100/100
EN 100/100
OK

Action 1
1. : EN / Hit / Crit <=625 / Effect:
Total:
2. : EN / Hit / Crit <=625 / Effect:
Total:​

Action 2
Total:

Action 3
Total:

Favorite Arenas:
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind: The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Teleportation Corollary: If this arena is picked randomly as a result of arena effect, then the ref is free to generate up to three rules for the combatants to follow until a new arena is chosen.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
I'll be a ref, I've loved ASB so far and we have a bit of a shortage of refs.
Name: Someoneelse
Time Zone: GMT +10
Availablility: I'm on almost every day for quite long periods of time now that it's the holidays.
IDK

IDC

Templates
Singles
Code:
[b]Pre-Round[/b]

Field: Nothing

[U]Battler 1[/u]
Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
HP: 90
EN: 100
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

[right][U]Battler 2[/u]
Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other: [/right]
Doubles
Code:
[b]Pre-Round[/b]

[U]Battler 1[/u]
Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

[right][U]Battler 2[/u]
Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:  [/right]
Triples
Code:
[hide=Pre-Round]

[U]Battler 1[/u]
Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

[right][u]Battler 2[/u]
Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other:

Pokemon (X) @ Item
[img][/img]
Ranks:
Size / Weight:
Ability:
Other: [/right]
[/hide]

Last edited:
With the shortage of refs I thought I may as well get back into this, besides a little UC goes a long way

Name: DFrog
Timezone: +11 GMT
Availability: Most days especially on weekends

[box][noparse]
Pre-Round

HP/En
Speed:
Item:
Ranks: Atk/Def/SpA/SpD
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

HP/En
Speed:
Item:
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
***​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round #

This is where the flavour would go​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round #

Action 1
PokemonX used MoveZ
RNG Roll (MISS) [>#MISS]: /10000 (HIT OR MISS)
RNG Roll CRIT [<=625 CRIT]: /10000 (YES OR NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=# EFFECT]: /10000 (YES OR NO)

Action 2
PokemonX used MoveZ

Action 3
PokemonX used MoveZ

Post-Round Summary

***​

HP/En
Speed:
Item:
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

HP/En
Speed:
Item:
Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Order of Operations
  • Trainer X
  • Trainer Y
  • I referee
[/noparse][/box]

Name: akela
Timezone: CST (GMT - 6)
Availability: random (Will update as my schedule solidifies. Plans currently in motion will require this profile to exist)

Pikes said:
If you do not post all pertinent information regarding the terms of battle, I will assume the following, appropriately:
Substitutions: 0
Chills: 0
Recoveries: 0
Switch = KO
Arena: My choice
Items: Gems
Format: 1 vs 1
Abilities: All Abilities
Move Restrictions: None
Battler DQ: 2 Days
Referee DQ: Infinite

When I accept your match, PM me your Pokemon you intend to use, even if you have posted them in the Battle Tower thread. I do not accept changes to movepools, abilities, et cetera after I have posted the thread. So, if you have changed anything about the posted pokemon since posting the challenge, I likely will not know it. I am not going to scour your profile or the prize claiming thread to ensure your pokemon are up to date.

*means unclaimed.

Name: GemoftheDay or GotD
Timeline: EST -5
Availability: About 1-3 hours a weekday in the afternoon, later at night also.
none

none

none

none

Timezone: GMT
Availability: At least once per day. If for any reason I haven't been on throw me a PM with a asb related subject line. (Email notification)
I will ref: Singles or Doubles. No brawls.
UC earned: 0

Ongoing Refs:
None :/

None as of yet :[

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)