Announcement Applying to be Tracked for Forum Rates

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Art by lydian / OP Adapted from the Discord Raters Thread

DISCLAIMER: This thread is not meant to gatekeep rating teams, everyone is still permitted to rate teams.

The RMT Forums is updating how we track progress towards the team rater badge! We will be using this thread as an application to be tracked for the Team Rater badge. We are going to use approved signups to see whose rates we track for the badge. The official guide to apply is down below. I want to say again, that everyone is still welcome to rate, however to reduce the amount of badge tracking we do only approved raters will be tracked for the team rater badge. Also if you are an approved rater, do not be hesistant to contact an RMT moderator on your progress towards the badge.​

Requirements:
  1. Active on Smogon for at least 3 months.
  2. Solid knowledge of metagame fundamentals and the tier that you are desiring to rate - this can be proven via existing rates, replays, interviews, etc.
  3. Willingness to adhere to a certain threshold of decorum in the forums the behaviors we'd like to see.
  4. Once accepted, a minimum level of activity will be assessed by RMT Moderators monthly.

To apply, please post in this thread with:
  • Your forum name.
  • The meta you'd like to rate.
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
  • Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done most importantly via forum team rating examples (or discord examples for tiers with less rmts), as well as tour matches, articles written, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)

After posting, a forum staff member will contact you if you have been approved. Please direct any questions to maroon or ironwater.

FAQs:

Will this get me the Team Rater badge?

Maybe! Consistent activity on the forums is a great way to being nominated for that badge. However, we look at the context of your rates and behavior on the forums as well.

How many rates do I have do perform to receive the badge?
You will need ~20 forum rates to qualify for the badge, you can also rate on the discord to add additional rates to your belt. This also includes consistent activity, you have to rate for multiple months in a row as an additional qualifier. If you have ~20 forum rates and believe your quality is up to par, you may contact an RMT moderator to review whether you are ready to be badged.

General Guidelines:
  • Be kind and respectful. The forums are home to many players who have just started to venture into competitive play. Things you may consider to be obvious may not be quite so obvious to that player.
  • Do not rate for metagames you are unfamiliar with, and always clarify metagame before rating if one is not clearly stated in the request.
  • Don't fix what cannot be fixed. If a team is so broken that it would require replacing the majority of the pokemon and sets, or the sets indicate a complete lack of competitive knowledge, please refer that player to the samples for their meta. A general rule of thumb is to change a maximum of only three Pokemon on the team, you can fix more sets however if they need slight tweaking.
  • Refer to the RMT forum rules for extra guidelines.

Format:
  • If submitting a corrected team, please use PokePaste.
  • Try to minimize jargon wherever possible - use a pokemon's full name when providing it, and the full names of the moves, to reduce confusion among newer players.
  • Try to keep your forum rates clean, organized, and not cluttered. Make it easy to digest for the user to read.

Absence/Changes:
  • If you need to be away for awhile and won't be active, that's fine! Please let Forum Staff know ahead of time, though. Unannounced, prolonged periods of time without rates can result in you being removed from the tracking sheet.
  • If you no longer feel confident in rating a meta (maybe you haven't played in a while, or you've focused on a different meta), please let us know.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Your forum name: Neko

The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 8 Monotype / National Dex Monotype

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've started in NatDex Monotype last February 2021, upon request of a friend. After that, I've branched out to Gen 8 Monotype sometime in April the same year, which means that I've been playing and studying the metagame for a little over a year now.

Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: Monotype: 1, 2, 3 Natdex Monotype: 1,2

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I've written around 24 analyses for monotype and QC'ed around 20+ for the same tier, and am part of the Monotype C&C Team. For NatDex Monotype, I've participated in several suspect tests, written one analysis, and also helped in creating sample sets for NDM. I've also rated a few teams in Discord, and am also a team rater there (examples being: 1,2,3,4).
Thank you for your consideration :blobnom:

:jirachi: Hey Neko, thanks for helping people with your rates, this seems promising, I added you to the list of tracked raters, looking foward to your next rates!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Your forum name: Ducky
The meta you'd like to rate: Almost Any Ability and Godly Gift
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing both for quite some time, writing analyses and participating in suspect tests for both of them, I am also on the Godly Gift QC team
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I've been rating teams in the official discord for a few months and UT, who is council for GG and the Tier Leader of AAA can vouch for my knowledge

:jirachi: Hey Ducky, I saw that you had a few rates on forum, but I assume most of them are on Discord. Discord rates are tracked separately and we will only focus on forum rates here. Since you still have a few forum rates (and OM RMT are rare on forum), I'll still add you as a potential rater as forum and Discord rates add up to the badge. Feel free to tell us if you start rating more significatively on forum!

Your forum name: Shedinja-43152
The meta you'd like to rate: Past gen teams
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I played pokémon since I'm kid and I fell confident to rate past gen teams, in special gen 3 and gen 4.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I'm already rating a lot of teams of past gens.

:jirachi: Hey Shedinja, I checked your previous posts in the RMT forum and I don't think they qualify as rates. You can have a lock at badged team rater rates to see what can be expected. Also, we require at least 3 months of activity on Smogon before being able to request an approval. If you keep your motivation for team rating, I'm sure you will improve as a rater and maybe be added one day, but for now I won't add you to the list of tracked raters.

Your forum name: AtraX Madara

The meta you'd like to rate: SS Monotype, National Dex Monotype, SS OU

A brief summary: I have been playing SS Mono and SS OU quite a while in both Tournaments and Ladder, while also being involved in the community and trying always to help for newer people. I have been playing this game for 3 years and i have been playing Mono tiers from a year and a half and 2 years OU. I also have experience with those tiers in tours such as BLT, Mono BLT, NDMPL or PSPL.

Forum rates: SS OU 1, SS OU 2, SS Mono 1, "SS Mono 2", National Dex Monotype 1, NDM 2

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I am an active Monotype QC member and i recently become a Mono tutor as well, besides having done suspect tests as well. I am also a rater on the Discord and altho i am less active than i am on the Forums, i still try to help every time people pings me or reach me in pms. I have also written and translated many OU and Mono analysis/spotlights while being always high in the ladder as RMT teams are usually supposed to be for the ladder.

:jirachi: Hey AtraX Madara, thanks for helping people with your rates, they look great! I added you to the list of tracked raters, and we are looking foward to your next rates!

Forum Name: Shandeur

Meta I'd like to rate: SS LC.

Summary: I've played SS LC for about a year now, getting into tours recently as well as laddering since the start. In the discord, people sometimes ping me AND the raters, so I technically have some experience, which I find funny. I've gotten a few people into playing LC, and have helped them and myself further our skills.

Forum Rates: None

Ways I have showed knowledge of the metagame: Participation in several tournaments, LCSL, LCPL (drafted midseason) and of writing this, LPL. I've participated in the most recent Vullaby suspect, as well as writing the Drilbur analysis. The links to all of these except for LPL can be found in my signature.

:jirachi: Hey Shandeur, you look promising as a LC player, but I won't add you for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Discord rates are tracked separately and this thread is only focused on the forum part. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
Your forum name: Sulo
The metas you'd like to rate: National Dex / SS UU / SV UU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing UU and National Dex for about two years, with more experience in UU than ND. I've written 3 analyses and have spent a while helping out users in both rooms to my best ability.
Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: 1, 2, 3, 4 (RMT)
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: Update: I actively rate and discuss in the Smogon Discord for both metagames, I'm on the QC team for both and I mod ND C&C, and I've been active in both Discord servers as well.

:jirachi: Hey Sulo, this looks great, but I won't add you for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Discord rates are tracked separately and this thread is only focused on the forum part. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

Last edited:

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Username - DerpySuX

Format - BSS

I have played BSS since somewhat early on in gen 8, and joined the smogon community about a year or so after that. I have won 2 roomtour series in series 12, and am ranked top 5 in the BSSC currently. I have also topped the Showdown BSS ladder 4 times, and am in the top 10 as of writing this. During series 12, I also wrote analyses for Necrozma Dusk Mane, Gastrodon, Urshifu-S, Cinderace, and Umbreon.

Forum Rates - 0 (I rate teams somewhat consistently on discord)

Ways I have demonstrated metagame knowledge - Consistent tournament performance, log of good ladder performance, contributing and assisting with the strategy pages for mons in the metagame. HEAVY METAL™️
Theorymon can also vouch for me being good and knowledgeable at BSS if he is so inclined

:jirachi: Hey DerpySux, promising stuff and BSS raters are rare, but I won't add you for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Discord rates are tracked separately and this thread is only focused on the forum part. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
  • Your forum name. Roxie
  • The meta you'd like to rate. all NU and monotype generations
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta. NU mod, Cc from NU, and tutor. Monotype c&c mod. Team tournament manager for both tiers. A whole bunch of discord rates for both tiers and smogon rates.
  • Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge https://www.smogon.com/forums/search/11354397/
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done most importantly via forum team rating examples (or discord examples for tiers with less rmts), as well as tour matches, articles written, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given) feel like the things I’ve listed falls under this and maroon can vouch for my involvement
:jirachi: Sorry I can't add you because you are already badged :eyes: Jokes aside good job on getting the badge and thanks for all the effort you put in team rating!

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Username - dex

Format - OU and CAP

Brief Summary - I have played OU and CAP for the entirety of the DLC 2 metagames. Additionally, I sit on the VR and QC teams for CAP and have written analyses for OU.

Forum Rates - Outside of Discord rates, there are not really any CAP forum rates to make. I have done a few OU ones, however: 1 2 and a couple others I can't find.

Ways I have demonstrated metagame knowledge - Outside of my roles on QC and VR for CAP, I've had decent tournament success, qualifying for circuit playoffs in 2021. In OU, outside of my writing, I regularly play ladder and test out TOTW teams (a project I lead) for OU.

:jirachi: Hey dex, you have a few rates on forum, but I assume most of them are on Discord. Discord rates are tracked separately and we will only focus on forum rates here. Since you still have a few forum rates, I'll still add you as a potential rater as forum and Discord rates add up to the badge. Feel free to tell us if you start rating more significatively on forum!

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
  1. Your forum name.
  2. The meta you'd like to rate.
  3. A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
  4. Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge
  5. Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done most importantly via forum team rating examples (or discord examples for tiers with less rmts), as well as tour matches, articles written, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
1) Aqua Jet
2) SS UU, SS RU, SS Monotype
3) SS UU: I started playing around the first Latias suspect and was tutored by pif, which has helped me out a whole bunch.
SS RU: I started playing during the last world cup testing jank and although none of my ideas were ever used, and started playing the tier consistently since then
SS Monotype: After my first few analysis flopping in Monotype I took a break but now I'm back.
4) N/A
5) SS UU: I managed 2 team tours including my UUSD victory and managed UUFPL to playoffs. I've made many posts across the history of SS UU (1 2 3), and am also a tutor for that metagame. I haven't asked them but I think Accel (who vouched for me to become a tutor) would recommend me for this position. I also co-wrote an article on Thundurus-I's suspect test.
SS RU: As I said I'm rather new to RU but have been making a splash, being active in the discord, and coming up with creative new Pokémon such as Eiscue (1). I also haven't asked them but C0nfiden1 0yster would (probably) recommend me for this position since I've been testing ideas with them a lot.
SS Monotype: I'm a QC member and Plunder can probably be a reference for me.
If more information is needed, please contact me on discord!

:jirachi: Hey Aqua Jet, you seem to be a promising rater, but I won't add you for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Discord rates are tracked separately and this thread is only focused on the forum part. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Your forum name.
justdrew

The meta you'd like to rate.
SS UU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
I'm an SS UU tutor, UUFPL manager, UUSD manager, UU room voice, and longtime community contributor (approaching my 6th year playing UU).

Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rate-my-uu-pivot-team.3698400/#post-9161044
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/triple-meteor-offense.3699706/#post-9166606
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/neon-genesis-evangelion.3702968/#post-9238783
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-uu-bw-rain-flashback.3703013/#post-9239356
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/uu-team.3703411/#post-9247593

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done most importantly via forum team rating examples (or discord examples for tiers with less rmts), as well as tour matches, articles written, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
I wrote an RMT that made team showcase. As I mentioned above, I am an active SS UU tutor with the tutoring badge and I'm nearing top tutor. I've had good records in team tours this year for SS UU and decent individual tour performances. I think most of council and tier leaders would vouch for me (however reluctantly lol). I've been around a long time and am trying to rise above my past attitude issues and become a positive presence in all sections I contribute to!

:jirachi: Hey justdrew, thanks for all these very cool rates, I'll add you to the list of tracked raters, keep up the good job!

the adv league gang can vouch

:jirachi: Hey A Welcome Guest, thanks for your interest for team rating. I won't add you to the list of tracked raters for now since we expect a few forum rates beforehand, but feel free to try rating teams here (even if I know that old gen RMTs are not that common) and let us know when you'll have a few rates!

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your forum name: DC
The meta you'd like to rate: LC (Can rate SS to DPP)
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I have been playing LC on Smogon since mid-SM and have participated in LC tours such as LCPL and LCWC.
Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/choice-scarf-archen-drilbur-offense.3706136/ (TOTW)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cyberduck-vullaby-less-offense.3677795/ (RMT)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ife-orb-venipede-offense-1111th-post.3701272/ (RMT)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-much-at-suck-at-pokemon.3691305/post-8985558 (rate)
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I have been rating LC briefly before and since the inception of the Smogon Discord Rater system (so past 2 yrs now). I also lead LC C&C (and C&C as a whole) while also participating in LC forums and TFP articles as well.

:jirachi: Hey DC, thanks for all the rates you did, I'll add you to the list of tracked raters, looking foward to your next rates!

Your forum name: Eironeearl

The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 7 OU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I started SM OU last August 2021, after discovering Pokemon Showdown. I've been playing SM OU for years and know multiple strategies that can help others rank up the ladder and be an expert at SM OU.

Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: I don't usually rate in Smogon forums, only on the Discord server.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I am a bit new to team rating but this tier is my most played format. Also I've been helping a rater on this format in order for the person who needs help have many options. But yeah, I mostly rate teams in discord, and I have also a good rating based on the teams I usually rate.

:jirachi: Hey Eironeearl, always happy to see new people getting involved in team rating! I won't add you to the list of tracked raters for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Discord rates are tracked separately and this thread is only focused on the forum part. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Your forum name: Slip

The meta you'd like to rate: SS/Current Gen OU | SS/Current Gen UU | DPP UU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta:
OU
: SS OU is probably my least experience team building wise, but this does not mean I can't produce good results for the RMTs. I have used a lot of the RMT teams in tournament play along with ladder play and have gotten good results to where I have made it to r7 of the OU Fall ssnl as of this post. I know what to look for in what makes a team in this meta good or lacking in certain areas.

UU: SS UU is where I have my most experience. I have played in UUFPL, UU Swiss, and constantly help people rate teams on discord. I have also written the UU Analysis on Raikou and am working on getting into QC checks for the tier. I have also qualified for the past 2 suspect tests that have happened in UU.

DPP UU: DPP UU is a lot of fun to build in imo and is something I have learned building from the ground up. I played 1 game of DPP UU in UUFPL, am playing DPP UU for ROAO, and threw my set in DPP UU classic lol. I've also been seen tweaking teams during practice with higher profiled players in the tier while also having good results in RoA room tours which I think shows I can at least throw together something decent.

Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: None atm but hopefully that will change soon!

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: As stated above I play in tours for all 3 gens and actively make teams/use other peoples teams to see what kind of results I can get and to understand what does and doesn't feel good in the meta. I have also been apart of suspect tests which the site uses to show good understandings of the current meta. I have written analysis and plan to dig deeper into helping others on this site as well as understanding my own game better. I am very open to new ideas in the meta as well, so I will not be spewing the same 5 mons anyone could spew to people.

:jirachi: Hey Slip, this looks very cool and you seem to be motivated by team rating! I won't add you to the list of tracked raters for now since we expect a few forum rates beforehand, but feel free to try rating teams here and to let us know once you have a few rates on forum.

emma

SS DOU / RBY OU

:jirachi: Hey emma, saw that you had a few rates from 1-2 years ago. Since there's no recent stuff I won't add you to the list of tracked raters for now, but your old rates look really good and we would love to see you rate again. If you do, feel free to tell us and we'll likely add you.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Your forum name: awyp

The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 8 OU / PU / ZU , Gen 4 OU, Gen 5 OU

OU / PU
: I've played Gen 4 / Gen 5 for years and I've tutored under all those gens in OU. I ladder quite a lot in Gen 8 OU, PU, and ZU. In the next coming months I'm looking to tutor in those meta as well.

A team I've built with LUST and rated BW OU RMT Response (Old AF)

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I've played in various tours (done well in some), also my deep experience as a tutor in various gens shows some knowledge of various metagames. Some of my rates are examples of some knowledge as well, which I will be continuing. Also I do pretty well on the ladder sometimes not to toot my own horn.

:jirachi: Hey AndViet, this looks very cool, glad to see you back at team rating, I'll add you to the list, looking forward to your next rates!

Last edited:

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Your forum name: Drifting

The meta you'd like to rate: SS LC

I started playing LC in ORAS, but got into the tournament scene during Gen 8, where I've come to be known primarily for my team-building, often serving as the main builder role during tournaments like LCPL and LPL where my teams have been used to great success (to the point where "Drifting Godsquad" has become a common saying in the LC community). I often study ladder usage and LC Tournament Replays to keep up to date with new meta trends, innovations and developments.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/two-birds-archen-offense-peaked-1.3708331/ (RMT)

Most of my rating experience has come from the LC Discord and Smogon Discord, where newer players constantly post teams for feedback. I often help optimise their teams in pokepaste and guide them towards future building success. I hope to expand my team rating to the forums officially.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame:

I have contributed several LC resources for builders, such as running the SS LC Speed Tiers thread, running the SS LC Teambuilding Competition thread, as well as some of my Sample Teams being very common on the ladder (I've ran into them myself more than I can count). I have done analysis writing for the LC C&C, replay analysis for the LC Youtube Channel, and participated in LC Suspect Tests. The fact that I have been drafted to major LC tournaments exclusively to build for other players also speaks for itself. I've also recently been providing LC support for the Foxes in SCL, one of the biggest tournaments on the website.

:jirachi: Hey Drifting, you seem to be a very solid LC player and I'm happy to hear that you're interested in team rating. I won't add you to the list of tracked raters for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Discord rates are tracked separately and this thread is only focused on the forum part. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates.

Your forum name: Freezerman

The meta you'd like to rate: SS OU/past gens(SM OU or ADV OU)

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing SS since the start and had 0 breaks so far and have a good knowledge on current/past metagames for this tier and I also like playing/watching tournaments. I do ladder runs frequently and just enjoy the tier. I started mons with SM and I keep my interest in the tier by signing up for tours/keeping up with the current tour scene. I picked up ADV as a hobby last year and I've started to get deeper into the metagame in a recent time and I have some decent tour records for the tier asw.

I don't have much rates, I just started doing these since yesterday and these are fun so I did a couple but idk if mine are good enough. Anyways these are stuff I did till rn- 1,2,3,4,5.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I have a top4 placement in the overused spring ssnl, have a good number of replays vs notable players, have rated a couple of teams in the smogon discord and a few notable members of the smogon discord related to ou matters can vouch for me. I have a decent placing for adv global champs this year and nothing too spectacular for sm.

:jirachi: Hey Freezerman, happy to see a new face in team rating and glad to hear you like it. Your rates look cool at first glance and I'm ok with adding you to the tracked rater list even if most of them are very recent, but I'm really looking forward to your next rates and to see you improve your rater skills!

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Thanks to all of you who applied, I'm glad to see so many people interested in team rating! I should have answered to everyone, but if you still have questions feel free to ask me or maroon in PMs, we will gladly answer you. For anyone who read this, feel free to apply if you have a few rates and are motivated by rating new teams!

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Your forum name: Isaiah
The meta you'd like to rate: Almost Any Ability
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been building/playing/discussing the meta since the beginning of the gen. I was on the council as TL since the beginning of gen 8, stepped down for 6 months and recently joined back as Co-TL. Otherwise, I've been building/playing during that entire time period: I've gotten reqs for every suspect test and I've written/QCed AAA C&C.
Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: I've never done a forum rate before today (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aaa-team.3708963/post-9356460), but I have been rating in the Smogon Discord for a while.
Writing for articles (One), Writing/QCing analyses (One), and writing for Team of the Week Spotlight (https://pokepast.es/d9dca589a50955ea) are decent examples, but I believe any of the council members can also vouch

:jirachi: Hey Isaiah, as discord rates are tracked separately, I won't add you to the list of tracked forum raters for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here (and there's only one for now). Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Your forum name: Rosa
The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 7 & 8 1v1
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been building and playing 1v1 since XY and have been there for it throughout the entirety of Gens 7 & 8, becoming part of the tiering council in Gen 7, and then the Tier Leader in Gen 8.
Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: 1v1 doesn't really have a lot of people knowledgeable enough about smogon to ask for rates on the forum side (nor did we ever really consider expanding or advertising our resource work into this field), we typically get the more casual types who ask for it on Discord and in the PS room, so hopefully these will be taken into consideration:
  • This can be done most importantly via forum team rating examples (or discord examples for tiers with less rmts): Really banking on discord examples for tiers with less rmts here :x
  • as well as tour matches: Hopefully me being locked in for this year's Circuit Championships is sufficient for Gen 8, as well as my PL performance for Gen 7
  • articles written: 1 | QC'd 1 2 3 4 5 6
  • tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you: me and probably smely socks
In looking up my Discord rates for this I also noticed I have a little over 20 rates between my 1 smogon rate and all the Discord ones, so I was curious to see how that would translate to badge progress (though I doubt on the Discord side it'll necessarily be 1:1 with smogon rates).

:jirachi: Hey Rosa, as discord rates are tracked separately, I won't add you to the list of tracked forum raters for now since we expect a few forum rates before starting to track your rates here. Though, both can add up towards the badge so feel free to let us know once you'll have a few forum rates!

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
:jirachi: Hey 3d, thanks for all these high quality rates, I'm adding you to the tracked team raters list!

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forum Name: chimp

The Meta You'd Like to Rate: SV OU, SV LC

A Brief Summary of Your Experience in that Meta:
For OU: Currently a member of the OU QC team, worked in tandem with the team to contribute the current sample sets on the site right now.
For LC: Reached Top 10 on the ladder, reached semi-finals in kick-off tour, contributed sample sets.

Here are some rates I have posted recently:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bulky-offense-team.3714047/post-9460824
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/first-ou-team-since-xy-comp.3713932/post-9458319
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/basic-bo-team.3713957/post-9458954
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...and-defensive-iron-hands.3713345/post-9453970
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...mprovement-or-suggestion.3713756/post-9454343

Here are some replays from the LC Kick-Off
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9lc-1758293535-9naijq8fudumaph69dkjieqpoq0c41dpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9lc-1734649238
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9lc-1752558707-1f3f8ri5wgw6yxffccp2c862z7pmc99pw

Players like Tysonslayer#8583 and Abhi!#7433 can vouch for my time on OU QC so far.

:jirachi: Hey chimp, thanks for helping people with your rates, they look great! I added you to the list of tracked raters, and we are looking foward to your next rates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)