1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Grammar-Prose Team Queue (Past Generations)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Komodo, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Komodo

Komodo
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

Introduction:

The Grammar-Prose team is a group of individuals hell-bent on proofreading as needed by the C&C crew. More details about the GP team itself can be found here. This thread is to serve as a queue that we will constantly update to indicate which analyses in which tiers need GP checks and how many.

How This Works:

If you are an analysis writer or a C&C moderator and need an analysis proofread by the GP team, send either myself or bojangles a PM and one of us will add it to this queue. Once it is added to the queue, I can let other GP team members know and get your checks done in a timely manner. Below is the current queue listing for each tier, the number of remaining checks left for each. GP team members should take care to make sure that previous GP checks are properly implemented before GP checking it again, as having overlap is inefficient. Finally, when a GP member performs a check on an analysis, they should either post in this thread or send me a PM so I can update the remaining count here and avoid conflicts (two people checking the same thing at once). This should help the organization of the section and the GP team at large, since right now it's a bit of a free-for-all.

Becoming a Member:

You may apply for the GP team at any time. To apply, you must send a private message to both bojangles and Fatecrashers explaining why you think you're qualified for the team along with a list of at least 3 grammar checks that you've done in the past month. The leaders of GP will then review the quality of your checks together and let you know whether you've been accepted or rejected.

Members:

Only the users listed here are permitted to stamp analyses or articles. Users not on this list are still encouraged to grammar check analyses and articles, but they cannot use the stamp and they do not count towards the 2 check requirement of all articles and analyses. The following list of users may also stamp the checks of people not in the team so that they will count toward the check requirement.

Notes for GP members:

Please use placeholders for threads and respect them. Stop placeholdering incomplete threads, and don't post unless you are actively grammar checking them. saying "I'll check this when I get a chance, placeholder" is pretty dumb.

Please do not do GP checks on an analysis where the OP hasn't implemented the GP check above you, unless you're "working on top of it." Instead, either stamp the check above you or contact the OP to implement the check. Just ignoring checks above you is pretty dumb.

Notes for analysis writers:

All analysis writers, please keep the GP status of your analyses up-to-date. If you have implemented a check, post an update in the thread stating so. If you have left parts out intentionally, post an update stating so. If you have only implemented half of the check, post an update stating so. Also change the thread title. It is extremely confusing for GP team members when an analysis has not been updated. I will often look at a thread to see if it needs a check, only to be confused when I see bits of a previous check implemented, and other bits left out with no word from the OP.

Please don't change your analyses to the Copyediting tag with [GP 0/2] in the title until it is COMPLETELY WRITTEN AND READY FOR GP CHECKS. This is really annoying for GP members who think its ready to be checked. Just leave the tag as "Copyediting (QC 3/3)" or whatever. Thanks.

OU:

• -
    UU:

• -
    Uber:

• -
    LC:

• -
    Articles:
    • -
    Past Generations (ADV / GSC / RBY):

• -
    Archive:
    Show Hide
    OU:

UU:

Uber:

LC:

Articles:

Past Generations (ADV / GSC / RBY):

2. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

public service announcement: stop placeholdering threads unless you are actively grammar checking them. saying "I'll check this when I get a chance, placeholder" is pretty dumb.
  3. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

eep

well i just finished checking Drapion (Update)

EDIT: gave final check to Blastoise (Lead)
  4. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just posting to say that we've now added "Past Generations" to the list of things that we will be GP checking. These are low priority, but generally they will be shorter because they're written that way. I will update the OP as they become ready.
  5. Fatecrashers

is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I gave final check to Dr Reid's Metagross (Update)

damn am i the only one who's using this thing?
  6. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I do! And even if only you were, that makes it worth it to keep this thing up to date. ;)
    Anyway, updated.
  7. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

8. Fatecrashers

Checked Choice Scarf Lucario, one more should do it.
  9. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

did a sweep of the uu threat list. i'll prob read through it again though to make sure i didn't miss any big stuff, but i just wanted to get the bulk of my edits in there.
  10. Fatecrashers

11. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

Gave Thund's Lopunny its first check.
  12. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

13. Sledge

Sledge

14. Fatecrashers

i checked Smeargle (Update)

EDIT: i also checked Smoochum
  15. Sledge

Sledge

>_< sorry about that, fixed
  16. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

ARG SORRY i keep forgetting to post here :(

ok so today i checked smoochum (2nd check) and omastar lead (2nd check)
  17. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

18. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

finished off Lucario (Choice Scarf)
  19. Fatecrashers

20. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

21. Fatecrashers

22. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

23. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

24. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Everything in the OP should be up to date.
  25. Fatecrashers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)